Coco (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #46) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: TBA
GB Price: One Click $175.99/Double Lenti $67.99/Single Lenti $62.99/Full Slip $60.00/Quarter slip $56.99
Group buy: To be hosted by Cooey HERE - GB will be live 2nd June!! Will be live at a random time between 4PM - 6PM UK time
Notes:
Will not include a 3D disc

Double Lenti | Single Lenti | Full Slip | Box set (includes Double and Single Lentis + Full Slip) | Quarter Slip (not included in the box set)

Blufan_COCO-00.jpgBlufan_COCO-01.jpgBlufan_COCO-02.jpgBlufan_COCO-03.jpgBlufan_COCO-04.jpg
105533is00xte5tee64zz3.jpg
104515j9zyhdyu7kyyy37q.jpg104514ub00b39llal20n22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was damaged, too, but the slip survived. The next day however a replacement slip arrived that needs ... ... ... a replacement:

:rolleyes:

I'd really like to know what the hell is going on over there. It must be deliberate mistreatment.
Sorry about your damaged copies @kingkarl1967 @BlackDevil - hopefully Blufans will send you replacements.

Thank you, I've already made replacement arrangements but I hope it doesn't end up like that Godzilla :dizzy:

Blufans is the only company people seem to have problems with shipping. HDZeta also ships from China, Ive never had a problem with any of their packages.

Hmmm...My Lenticular effect on both sides of my Double Lenticular Fullslip look NOTHING even close to the effectiveness on your slip box. I'm starting to suspect there has to be a batch of defective Lenticulars because this video and Paul (from the other site) swears that the Lenticular is amazing. However, myself along with many others have open concerns of the "blurriness and paleness" of our Lenticular slips. I wonder if enough people express concern, will Blufans do something. To be fair, I've never had any quality problems with Blufans and was wiling to let this one slide but if enough people have enough of a voice, maybe they'd listen and send out replacements.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Hmmm...My Lenticular effect on both sides of my Double Lenticular Fullslip look NOTHING even close to the effectiveness on your slip box. I'm starting to suspect there has to be a batch of defective Lenticulars because this video and Paul (from the other site) swears that the Lenticular is amazing. However, myself along with many others have open concerns of the "blurriness and paleness" of our Lenticular slips. I wonder if enough people express concern, will Blufans do something. To be fair, I've never had any quality problems with Blufans and was wiling to let this one slide but if enough people have enough of a voice, maybe they'd listen and send out replacements.
You have a point. I had thought about a bad batch but dismissed the idea. Now that you bring it up though and after seeing cooey's copy, there may be something to it. In my case I'm just talking about the front lenti, the rear one is fine.

You have a point. I had thought about a bad batch but dismissed the idea. Now that you bring it up though and after seeing cooey's copy, there may be something to it. In my case I'm just talking about the front lenti, the rear one is fine.

Again, I don't mean to start up trouble if it isn't a big deal. If most people can live with it then we can all live with it. We are a community after all. I love Blufans releases and they are my first choice to get for premium releases if given the opportunity. However, I don't want to feel like I've paid a premium price and received something defective. It really does stand out as the odd one when I display it with other Blufans Lenticulars. If there others that feel this way, please "thumbs up" this message. If it's not a big deal, hey, better luck for me on the next one...which would be Black Panther for me.

I got this yesterday! First time ever I got a blufans box horrible damaged, thank GOD my DL was in great shape, on another note I’m so glad I didn’t get rid of my Best Buy edition, I thought I would never say this but I like it better than blufans this time around! Not saying blufans is bad; I still going to keep it! As for the Lenti on the front is not great but I can live with it, back Lenti is amazing!

Right I have just about had enough with the posting service from China , this is the condition my one click of Coco turned up like today @cooey
Can you please either get them to issue a refund or a new copy on express mail @cooey
This cost me the best part of £140 and over a month and half wait to get it like this !!
Not a happy bunny at all.View attachment 387068View attachment 387070View attachment 387071View attachment 387072
Damn.....not cool :shipped: I hope you can get a replacement.

Strange they didn’t use the inner box again.

Again, I don't mean to start up trouble if it isn't a big deal. If most people can live with it then we can all live with it. We are a community after all. I love Blufans releases and they are my first choice to get for premium releases if given the opportunity. However, I don't want to feel like I've paid a premium price and received something defective. It really does stand out as the odd one when I display it with other Blufans Lenticulars. If there others that feel this way, please "thumbs up" this message. If it's not a big deal, hey, better luck for me on the next one...which would be Black Panther for me.
With Blufans it’s always a gamble if you receive it in one piece. The last couple of packages I received were slightly damaged. With Thor I had the additional inner box. I don’t get why it’s not been used with @kingkarl1967 ’s package. Why take the risk? Apparently the replacements and refunds are not hurting them enough.

With Blufans it’s always a gamble if you receive it in one piece. The last couple of packages I received were slightly damaged. With Thor I had the additional inner box. I don’t get why it’s not been used with @kingkarl1967 ’s package. Why take the risk? Apparently the replacements and refunds are not hurting them enough.
Do you mind me asking how many badly damaged boxes (as seen above) you have received?

Do you mind me asking how many badly damaged boxes (as seen above) you have received?
I had one box badly damaged which contained....well....you can still read the title.

F2062924-110E-4AE2-B99B-14C46F60AC38.jpeg

All my other boxes were damaged, but not that damaged it ruined the content.

Reactions: Suspi
The theory only the UK got damaged packages?
No, that was too simplistic. I have followed that rabbit trail a little more though. Hear me out and please pitch in and/or correct me if I'm wrong at any point. That goes for everyone, not just @rschiks .

- We have two main Chinese airports where packages from both of the main Chinese players are flying out from, Beijing (HDZ) and Shanghai (BF).
- We (when I say we, I mean HDN as a whole) are mostly receiving damaged packages from Blufans, not from HDZ. Having said that I would guess, cooey or another GB host may be able to confirm/deny, that the percentage of damaged packages is still relatively small. Negligible in the case of HDZ.
- China's main western trading partners, according to google sources, are USA (19% of total Chinese exports), Germany (3.1%), Netherlands (3%), UK (2.5%).
- According to wikipedia, Beijing airport moves 95 million people... that's a **** load of people. And moves 1.8 million tons of cargo.
- Also according to wikipedia, Shanghai airport moves 66 million people, that's a lot, not as much as Beijing, but still a lot. Shanghai, however, moves 3.4 million tons of cargo. That's approximately double than the cargo going through Beijing.
- Cargo can be sent over in dedicated cargo airplanes but also in your regular passenger airlines cargo hold. I have not looked into what China Post use, they may use both.
- More passengers in Beijing means more airplanes, more airplanes and half the cargo could mean, in general terms, the cargo doesn't travel as tight.
- In Shanghai we now have double the cargo that needs to fly out in a smaller amount of airplanes... less passenger airplanes at least.
- If we look at the whole picture... We likely have more packed airplanes flying to the USA, UK, Germany and Netherlands than to Spain, for example. That's for either point of origin.
- I have not researched this either, but it wouldn't surprise me if the USA, though it would logically receive a greater amount of cargo than Germany, Netherlands and UK, would probably also have a greater number of flights departing every day than the other three countries. So that could explain why we get more damaged packages in the UK, Germany (and maybe NL?) than the USA.
- Do we also have more regular members from the UK than from the USA, at least regulars for Blufans GBs? I might be completely wrong on this assumption.

But yeah, that's about what I've been able to come up with. None of this rules out any damage to any other package going to France, Italy, Norway, Mexico, Australia, wherever... all I'm trying to explain is why the higher incidence of damaged packages in certain countries and not in others and why this is going to be hard to correct. Unless this is happening at Blufans' warehouse, and I really doubt that's it, then they really have no sure way of solving this because it's not something they can control.

This is just my working theory, I'll keep tweaking it and hopefully something useful will come from it.

P.S. I am making certain assumptions (at first glance they could be reasonable assumptions), like an equal % of cargo being delivered to each country by air as it is by sea. That could be wrong. If it is wrong, then that would also explain why the USA gets less damaged products because out of the 4 main countries I mentioned it is the USA that would likely get most of it's cargo by sea.

I just received my OC today. Thanks Cooey :)

As other, im disapointed about the lenti, is not very good

Furthermore i have test the Blu Ray, language on the disc are only english and portuguese and asian tongue.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Big shout and thank you to @cooey for another smooth GB. My DL rolled up today in A O K condition and looks like I lucked out along with most of ya as I now can see what all the fuss is about. The Front Lenti is abit lacklustre as it looks like the Lenti actually has 3D crosstalk between transitions combined with the washed out Contrast as it’s missing the richness like the rear artwork has. Still a great release and glad I secured a copy as the steel, rear lenti and booklet is like :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey and DMD4k
On my booklet i have the letter A with alwayw an accent.

Sometimes i don’t know why There is an A.

Do you have the same problem ?

Attachments

• 477806B7-89F7-42BE-A84C-92EF85551E2E.jpeg
    477806B7-89F7-42BE-A84C-92EF85551E2E.jpeg
    772.8 KB · Views: 119