Community Collection Award Thread Recommendations

How about a Sucker Punch award where one of the requirements would be the comic con steelbook.

How about this for the Sucker Punch Fan Club award?

Attachments

• Bunny-2.png
    Bunny-2.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 314
LOL, my friend...it's not even mine...that's why i said J/K at the end.

Holy cow! EEK! My media rack is quiet large, but yours is bigger and nicer. :drool: Very nice May. I like how you cornered it at both ends to join the adjacent walls. Very nice. :scat: Is that a bunch of Benno's from Ikea?

We have to stop the awards! It's costing me too much money!!

Capt America book, Sucker Punch book, Iron Man Arc Reactor - dropped £80 odd in 24 hours!!! I'm going be in sooooooo much trouble ;)

Capt America book, Sucker Punch book, Iron Man Arc Reactor - dropped £80 odd in 24 hours!!! I'm going be in sooooooo much trouble ;)
:hilarious:

All my films are currently stored away, so this award thing has currently got me digging through tons of dusty boxes looking for certain movies/editions. The things we do for HDN! :p

Pouahahahaha!!!! 100% agree my friend!!!
I'm dying here NOT to unleash the CC for satisfy my urges to buy new statues for those collections awards!!! :hilarious:

Personally, I think each award should be earned by how much memorabilia etc the person actually owns... like you had it setup before. That would prove that they're a "real" fan and more worthy of the award IMO. I'd say at least 5+ items related to that particular film or franchise should cut it. It's just an idea/suggestion anyway. :)

I agree, i prefer that over other members votes. Only my opinion though...

I disagree, as some people have not had the opportunity to collect some items which are now unattainable due to not being around or have budget restrictions and in voting only on how many Items you have would handicap some collectors. The way it is now is the fairest but this is also only my opinion :D

I think if people were more reserved with their voting, then the awards will hold more value kinda like what Noodles is saying. I agree on a lot of points Pud also says ... but to me, not everyone should have every award ... its supposed to be fun when browsing other threads and I look at a member and I see "oh he's a big batman fan" etc. etc.

To me, if you dont have enough to win the award, big deal ... there is plenty of time ;) as your collection grows you can update your post and inform people of that and more people can take a look again and add "thanks" if they feel your collection is of the standard of the award.

While I was excited to get this off the "ground" I made the mistake of making it too easy ... instead of pissing people off and taking away their awards I let those stand and just updated the OP's with more rules. Some of the new ones now have 30 "thanks" as this portion of the site grows and more people partake in the fun then 30 can become 40 etc. I even removed some awards from myself as I obtained them with the rules were easier. Tis okay tho, I hope to earn them one day!

Reactions: Noodles and cooey
I agree with what Wreck is saying here. I don't really want easy awards that anyone and everyone can get. I think it should be something that we strive for if we really want it. Makes it more exciting that way, in my opinion.

I think if people were more reserved with their voting, then the awards will hold more value kinda like what Noodles is saying. I agree on a lot of points Pud also says ... but to me, not everyone should have every award ... its supposed to be fun when browsing other threads and I look at a member and I see "oh he's a big batman fan" etc. etc.

To me, if you dont have enough to win the award, big deal ... there is plenty of time ;) as your collection grows you can update your post and inform people of that and more people can take a look again and add "thanks" if they feel your collection is of the standard of the award.

While I was excited to get this off the "ground" I made the mistake of making it too easy ... instead of pissing people off and taking away their awards I let those stand and just updated the OP's with more rules. Some of the new ones now have 30 "thanks" as this portion of the site grows and more people partake in the fun then 30 can become 40 etc. I even removed some awards from myself as I obtained them with the rules were easier. Tis okay tho, I hope to earn them one day!

I disagree, as some people have not had the opportunity to collect some items which are now unattainable due to not being around or have budget restrictions and in voting only on how many Items you have would handicap some collectors. The way it is now is the fairest but this is also only my opinion :D
Fair point mate. I can see where you're coming from, but that's what's fun about collecting IMO - the hunt and saving up for those special items. I'm not sure I'd enjoy it as much if everything was easy to obtain... I like the struggle, and then that feeling you get once you finally get your hands on a rare item. :oohyeah:

I also think what Wreck said about people being less generous with their votes is a good point. Although, I feel bad if I don't give everyone's picture/collection a thumbs up. :( :p

Reactions: spawnshop
I've got to say that I agree. At first, I was giving "Thanks" to pretty much everyone, but now, it need more than just amaray to make you a collector. We're on a steelbook fansite first and I'll give my upcoming thanks to steelbook and special collectibles only!

But again, if you're like me and you're a fan of pretty much ALL the listed categories and that you have some steelz + a little something like I do, well then, I'll considerer you a fan like I am ;)

I agree, but I also have another view. I only enter the threads of movies I want. For me at least, it's just as much as the person posting as voting. It's funny too, I may not have as much as others but I am just as big of a fan as the "wealthier, dedicated" collectors. Sometimes it's unfair to the fans because we can't afford all the extra goodies that others can. That's my 2 cents.