Craziest trade or thing you've ever done to get a Steelbook you wanted?

In my case was the opposite I sent 3 Terminators 2 over USPS but box was lost over Canadian customs no chance for refund due no insure was asked on the agreement, I replaced one to the buyer at no cost and sent it as surprise at UPS and that's why I gained a good friend in the up north :)

Another good one DB. Probably the craziest thing I've done is to be on Ebay at 3 in the morning to make sure I won a steel. My wife said I was insane. She just doesn't understand!

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

The craziest thing I thought of doing was when the Disney steelbook craze first hit (when we thought only Future Shop would have them and they were confirmed as extremely low printed numbers), I spoke with a friend of mine here in the states about driving up to Canada. Maybe a 6-8 hour drive one way, camp out at a couple of Future Shops and do a bit of a group buy. :naughty:

Fortunately, we never ended up doing that because the logistics got in the way. :eek:

The craziest thing I have ever done is to have a friend of a friend in Japan acquire BluRayJunkie and I the T2 2.0 steelbooks.

Talk about calling in some favors to get that one done. :eek:

Ahaha-I myself have contemplated flying to another country for some items. But mostly because they're virtually impossible to get otherwise. For Steelbooks, the craziest thing I've done on an ongoing basis, is sometimes get sucked into titles I'd otherwise probably not buy because they're in a hot case. LOL! However, I've cut down on this as there were over 2000 movies in our house at some point, and even if I quit my job, and watched movies 24-7, I'd never get through them all in my lifetime,LOL.

Another good one DB. Probably the craziest thing I've done is to be on Ebay at 3 in the morning to make sure I won a steel. My wife said I was insane. She just doesn't understand!
My wife's sentiments exactly !!
Ahaha-I myself have contemplated flying to another country for some items. But mostly because they're virtually impossible to get otherwise. For Steelbooks, the craziest thing I've done on an ongoing basis, is sometimes get sucked into titles I'd otherwise probably not buy because they're in a hot case. LOL! However, I've cut down on this as there were over 2000 movies in our house at some point, and even if I quit my job, and watched movies 24-7, I'd never get through them all in my lifetime,LOL.
That's a few movies to get through. You'll get through them ..... eventually. :ohno:

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

I've done this a few times as well. It wasn't so bad as I was up at these odd hours feeding my newborn son.

I think the Inglourious Basterds megathread here on the forums proves my insanity. I now own all editions that have anything different about them in any which way world-wide. Unless its a regular stock plastic amaray from a diff country. It has to have something bonus etc. etc. etc.

Just last night I bought and installed a shelf in my man cave strictly to display IB stuff. Between the shelf and the stud finder I think it was close to $60 just for that. Not mentioning the labor ;)

Definitely not serious. :hilarious:

Haha, glad I could make you guys laugh. The only thing I've done is sold off regular blu rays, DVDs and spare cell phones on eBay to transfer money to andy and my friend's friend's parents in Canada to have the movies waiting when she went home to Canada.

I was dealing with a person overseas. We were in the middle of a trade/sale. I mentioned my wife and I were going to London, England for our anniversary. He happened to live in Rochdale which was to far away but his cousin was attending school in London. So I took LOTR and some Disney steels to the UK and came back with T2, Wanted, Highlander, Minority Report and GBP for our trip. Now we just send each other steels at cost.

Crazy thing just happened last week. I was boredly browing dvd section at Craiglist. The guy is selling off his blu ray collection. I spotted a only steelbook
in there. His photo is not that clear, but from the spine I can tell it is Ironman.
He was asking $15 each. I was able to get it for $10. The condition of the steel is not that good. There are many dog bite marks on the top of case, but for $10 I don't complain.