Crimson Peak - In theaters Oct. 16th, 2015

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Crimson Peak (2015)

Tagline: Beware.

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Guillermo del Toro[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mia Wasikowska[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Chastain[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hiddleston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlie Hunnam[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jim Beaver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Burn Gorman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Javier Botet[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-10-16[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Legendary Pictures’ Crimson Peak, a co-production with Universal Pictures, is a haunting gothic horror story directed by the master of dark fairy tales, Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth, Hellboy series, Pacific Rim), written by del Toro & Matthew Robbins and starring Mia Wasikowska, Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston, Charlie Hunnam and Jim Beaver. In the aftermath of a family tragedy, an aspiring author is torn between love for her childhood friend and the temptation of a mysterious outsider. Trying to escape the ghosts of her past, she is swept away to a house that breathes, bleeds… and remembers.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
558mB88207VWfCpGQn5ogxrgRIM.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Screenshot 2014-08-17 00.29.53.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It says on variety's website

"...Crimson Peak fared less well. The Gothic romance from Guillermo del Toro proved too niche for mainstream crowds, falling flat with a $12.6 million debut. The story about a virginal bride (Mia Wasikowska) who moves into a haunted mansion cost $55 million to bring to the screen. Legendary Pictures fully financed the picture and Universal is distributing the film. The studio believes that “Crimson Peak” struggled to break out in part because of the wealth of fare such as “Bridge of Spies” and “Sicario” aimed at older crowds. It also was more of a romance than a straight scare machine, which may have disappointed ticket buyers looking for a more traditional horror film.

“This is a challenging play time for adult-oriented films,” said Nick Carpou, Universal’s domestic distribution chief. “The film is definitely a throwback to an old-fashioned way of creating atmosphere and layering tension. It’s visually stunning and genuinely creepy.”

Hmm don't know what to think :(

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
what is it with del Toro films ? I love them. they are unique. they are like nothing else out there. but they do not make money ????

That's because the general audience doesn't have a clue. They went to watch this thinking it was going to be a ghost-filled bloodbath even though all of the advertising campaign said it was a gothic romance. I feel bummed for GDT. The man's a visionary genius yet most filmgoers can't grasp what he's trying to achieve. I'm especially bummed because I can guarantee that the poor box office performance of Crimson Peak will mean the official death of Pacific Rim 2 (and any chance for a Hellboy 3).

That's because the general audience doesn't have a clue. They went to watch this thinking it was going to be a ghost-filled bloodbath even though all of the advertising campaign said it was a gothic romance. I feel bummed for GDT. The man's a visionary genius yet most filmgoers can't grasp what he's trying to achieve. I'm especially bummed because I can guarantee that the poor box office performance of Crimson Peak will mean the official death of Pacific Rim 2 (and any chance for a Hellboy 3).

I wanted to say that. But I feared that it would have been taken in wrong way ... :whistle:

trying to be positive and believe that HB3 and PR2 happens. both are 'announced' in IMDb.

Would have loved to see In the Mountains of Madness. (even with Tom Cruise starring)

what is it with del Toro films ? I love them. they are unique. they are like nothing else out there. but they do not make money ????
Del Toro is a fu**ing awesome Director, definitely one of the best TODAY! :cool: I LOVE his films! Pans Labyrinth will always be my favorite of his :drool: but I'm also fearing the worst now for PR2 :( Such talent and unique style, it's just a damn shame he's not appreciated in Hollywood :squint:

Reactions: tridon
Will be seeing this movie tomorrow night. $5 tickets on Tuesdays at my theatre and need to save some money for Paranormal Activity on Saturday (nearest theatre showing it in 3D is an hour and a half drive, one way).

Reactions: bloodsnake007

Not seen this yet but I've read things about it not doing to well and simular things to what you have said and I agree, shame because I think your right about hellboy 3 and pacific rim 2.
Still really looking forward to seeing this

Reactions: tridon
Hey, everyone! So I have very exciting news... for the past few months, @Snollygoster and I have been putting together a partnership between HDN and Legendary! Today, we launch our first video: the Crimson Peak 'Crest' art print!

And just for the community at HDN, Legendary wanted us to know that they're offering a 20% discount off of this print until Friday!

Bring the dark beauty of Allerdale Hall into YOUR home! To celebrate the release of Crimson Peak on October 16th, we are offering a 20% discount on the stunning Bartosz Kosowski screen print from the Legendary Art Series. Enter the offer code ‘Crimson’ at checkout. shop.Legendary.com

I just posted an article here, so for all of you who have social media, I'd really appreciate if you could share the video, article or both. I want this thing to get as many hits as possible because it could strengthen this HDN/Legendary partnership for the future! :)

---------------

P.S. Apologies, but I'm going to tag everyone that I know who has had interest in Crimson Peak. Please help spread the word! :thumbs:

@koziol @kaw @bloodsnake007 @Flloydo @nefilim @lolwut @ash333 @harry

Hey, everyone! So I have very exciting news... for the past few months, @Snollygoster and I have been putting together a partnership between HDN and Legendary! Today, we launch our first video: the Crimson Peak 'Crest' art print!

And just for the community at HDN, Legendary wanted us to know that they're offering a 20% discount off of this print until Friday!

I just posted an article here, so for all of you who have social media, I'd really appreciate if you could share the video, article or both. I want this thing to get as many hits as possible because it could strengthen this HDN/Legendary partnership for the future! :)

---------------

P.S. Apologies, but I'm going to tag everyone that I know who has had interest in Crimson Peak. Please help spread the word! :thumbs:

Partnership? :OMG: AWESOME! :woot: That 'Crest Art Print' is absolutely incredible! :notworthy: I'd love to see that on Bluray Steelbook/Collectors Edition/or even a Slip! :hungry: :drool:

Amazing job @tridon and @Snollygoster :thumbs:

---------------

Looks fantastic Ken & @Snollygoster and it's awesome news about the partnership.
Can we post this in the thread for the zavvi steelbook? It's the only thread so far for a steelbook and there are a lot of people in there who have seen and really like the film and others who just love GDT anyway.

---------------

...and HDN forum just keep getting better !

:thumbs:

@Scary Hair - have you seen this ????

---------------

Check this out @rj531 ;)

Reactions: tridon and rj531
interesting article about Del Toro and box office HERE

Interesting article, though I do hate that the writer showed that he doesn't know what he's talking about by saying Warner and Universal over and over again in regards to Pacific Rim and Crimson Peak. Those were completely funded by Legendary. Warner and Universal were only the distributors.

Got the art of darkness book and I'm blown away at how good it is. Full of great art, interviews, poster. Every little detail from the movie is in this book. A must have if you are a fan of the film. Here are some pictures of the book. There are movies spoilers in the book watch it first.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg there are loads of letters and photos right out of the film like the pictures of Thomas and his previous wife's and the letter to Edith

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Got the art of darkness book and I'm blown away at how good it is. Full of great art, interviews, poster. Every little detail from the movie is in this book. A must have if you are a fan of the film. Here are some pictures of the book. There are movies spoilers in the book watch it first.
View attachment 196144 View attachment 196145 View attachment 196148 View attachment 196146 View attachment 196147 View attachment 196149 View attachment 196150 View attachment 196151
View attachment 196155 there are loads of letters and photos right out of the film like the pictures of Thomas and his previous wife's and the letter to Edith
WOW! :thumbs: Thanks for the awesome pics @T800kaz :photo: :notworthy: Now you really got me wanting to own this book! :cool: I finally got to see the film on Saturday morning before I went to the Zombie Walk :twd: and I absolutely loved this film! :drool: Too bad it flopped at the box office! :( But I can't wait for the blu-ray, hopefully it gets some great looking slipcovers and steelbooks! :hungry:

Reactions: T800kaz