Custom SteelBooks Designs - Post Your Own Concept Art!

Conan Concept that was suggested here:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/11777/

conan_front_steelbook.jpg
conan_back_steelbook.jpg

How are you guys designing these? Is it a complex process?

Is there a tutorial somewhere because I'd love to have a go.. :]

Keep 'em coming by the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you guys designing these? Is it a complex process?

Is there a tutorial somewhere because I'd love to have a go.. :]

Keep 'em coming by the way!

I use Photoshop. No its not complex at all (but I also work as a graphic designer so i know what i'm doing... for the most part, haha). Key is getting good artwork to use. I just do a search online for images and hope for the best, then just add them to a blank Steelbook image.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

haha yeah I dont care who makes it, but if someone ever has the time Id love to see it before xmas. ;p

Looks like xmas came early for Wreck...

...and DB, I'll do an Aliens one next, i swear.

Braveheart Steelbook Concept:

braveheart_steelbook.jpg
braveheart_steelbook_back.jpg

(I wanted to try and make the background resemble the face paint that was used in the movie, I hope you guys like it!)

Last edited:
I use Photoshop. No its not complex at all (but I also work as a graphic designer so i know what i'm doing... for the most part, haha). Key is getting good artwork to use. I just do a search online for images and hope for the best, then just add them to a blank Steelbook image.

Thank you. :]

Where did you find a template?

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Looks like xmas came early for Wreck...

...and DB, I'll do an Aliens one next, i swear.

Braveheart Steelbook Concept:

braveheart_steelbook.jpg
braveheart_steelbook_back.jpg

(I wanted to try and make the background resemble the face paint that was used in the movie, I hope you guys like it!)

omg I just saw this ........... :drool::drool::drool:

I'll take 10 please!

Reactions: kaw
Buhhahahaaah, I love it-thank you kaw....eventhough it probably will never happen...right now "EVERYONE can hear me scream" because of your design:) Thanks! :scat:

Damn... I really LOVED this thread when I first saw it... I HATE it now, cause we will probably never see these awesome designs as Steelbooks!

Nice Donnie Darko-steel kaw! So far this movie only received crappy tinbox-releases. It deserves steelbook treatment for sure!

No, Kaw feel free to post anytime! Everyone has contributed some great ideas in here, and it's always good to be able to share thoughts on designs, even if "potential". Thanks Kaw and everyone else, for your posts ! :scat:!

@ Kaw

am a fan of your recent custom steelbook you made, green lantern was best by far looking, if possible to ask a request,
could you send me psd of any of your steelbook art or any in good quality in 564/737.

just need the frame-work/cut out pictures & text.
thank

@ Kaw

am a fan of your recent custom steelbook you made, green lantern was best by far looking, if possible to ask a request,
could you send me psd of any of your steelbook art or any in good quality in 564/737.

just need the frame-work/cut out pictures & text.
thank

Thanks redclothz

But i'm not exactly sure what you are asking for. The art i am using is just for concepts so its all pretty low res stuff that i found off the internet.

hmm, so how do u get to make both side poster+text = steelbook image?
like how did you turn a poster to steelbook custom made?
hope am explaining & making bit more sense this time:rolleyes: