Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 18, 2022
Purchase link: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on June 11, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition includes a 72-page booklet, art cards and slipcase

Steelbook only.jpg Collector's Edition.jpg

Front.jpg Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited:
£17 for a slipcase, booklet and a few art cards seems extremely outlandish to me…
You are evidently not accustomed to buying semi premiums then... With VAT, that's essentially the same price you'd have paid for an smlife mcu steelbook edition, shipped to the UK.

My personal opinion is that most people will be disappointed if the WWA of any new steelbook doesn't look like a Blufans release. 2 official movie posters with gloss and embossing. One on the front and another on the back.

That's the art people have already seen on movie posters so when the steelbook isn't the "familiar" art that people have already seen then it's a letdown for them.
Doesn't have to be poster art or "familiar" necessarily, I liked the Walkman design for the original Guardians for instance, also Ant-Man's SD card - not popular I know.

I'm enjoying the recent slate of Mondo MCU titles and the illustrative WWA's for the last 3 Spider-Man movies too :thumbs:

If people aren’t happy with £17 extra with the slip version then just go for the normal f**king steelbook version that you’ve been buying for 10 years lol. It’s not that deep. Just carry on doing what you do

If people aren’t happy with £17 extra with the slip version then just go for the normal f**king steelbook version that you’ve been buying for 10 years lol. It’s not that deep. Just carry on doing what you do

Disney/Marvel/Zavvi/Star Wars...

It's trendy now to crap all over everything they do and not be happy.

£17 extra for a few bits of cardboard and paper is ridiculous. Should be £39.99
Depending on whether it's actually a nice slip or not, will be the clincher there. If it's relatively premium, and that bloody jcard and logos aren't printed, you'll probably find many people will happily pay it. A 72 page booklet is pretty substantial as well imo. Could've done with a few more cards though..

Disney/Marvel/Zavvi/Star Wars...

It's trendy now to crap all over everything they do and not be happy.

It's okay if people don't like the things you do! And thank goodness for that, if everyone was a bootlicker these corporations would get away with more than they do already.. So you may dislike people criticising your favourite corporations but they're actually do you a favour in the long run :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Chemartin_1
LOL you really oughta give up on Disney 3D discs in the UK.

None of the Disney movies get 3D discs in the UK for quite a while now.

It's over.
Not when they still get released in cinema in 3d (I refuse to pay 100 odd to import from japan too)

Figured this movie would at least be the exception as its geared and enhanced by 3d

Reactions: Space Cadet
zavvi slips are utter crap. Until those get better, definitely not worth the extra $20-25 over the BBY version for me. Will wait for a a premium that uses something a little thicker than the loose leaf notebook paper quality zavvi uses.

Not when they still get released in cinema in 3d (I refuse to pay 100 odd to import from japan too)

Figured this movie would at least be the exception as its geared and enhanced by 3d
i thought they'd try to use this movie to ramp up some revival well in advance of avatar 2, but i think 3D-capable TVs just aren't in people's homes like that, if they ever were, to accommodate any such push.