Doctor Who: Series 1-7 (Blu-Ray Gift Set) [USA/Canada]

Apr 25, 2011
California
911Bu7swbxL._AA1500_.jpg

For the first time ever, BBC Home Entertainment is collecting the complete new Doctor Who together on Blu-ray plus an amazing assortment of additional items including the totally unique Doctor Who Universal Remote Control Sonic Screwdriver and more! The collection includes Series 1-4, featuring Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston and Tenth Doctor David Tennant, making their Blu-ray debut in newly remastered versions at full 1080p resolution, plus Series 5-7 featuring Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith, also on 1080p high definition Blu-ray. Catch up with the complete new Doctor Who in high definition just in time for the historic 50th Anniversary Special this fall.

-price is high because the sonic screwdriver is the universal remote version sold here.

CLICK LINKS TO GO DIRECTLY TO EACH COUNTRY'S POST:

USA:
RELEASE DATE: TBD
PRICE (at time of posting): $314.98
ORDER: Amazon
CANADA

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx. for the heads up seether254.
This is one of the greatest TV series of all time!

Amazon.com Editorial Review:
For the first time ever, BBC Home Entertainment is collecting the complete new Doctor Who together on Blu-ray plus an amazing assortment of additional items including the totally unique Doctor Who Universal Remote Control Sonic Screwdriver and more! The collection includes Series 1-4, featuring Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston and Tenth Doctor David Tennant, making their Blu-ray debut in newly remastered versions at full 1080p resolution, plus Series 5-7 featuring Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith, also on 1080p high definition Blu-ray. Catch up with the complete new Doctor Who in high definition just in time for the historic 50th Anniversary Special this fall.

Amazon.com $314.98 (no release date yet) - This link is dead (Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.)
Here's the live pre-order link.

So if that screwdriver is worth $99 then they are still charging $215 for seven series. That still seems very expensive to me?

Wouldn't mind getting some of the earlier seasons on Blu-Ray, but not at the price of this set. So we'll see...

Hopefully amazon UK will release their own 50th Anniversary blu-ray box set (e.g. Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection) and much cheaper price.

Hopefully amazon UK will release their own 50th Anniversary blu-ray box set (e.g. Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection) and much cheaper price.

It looks like there will be a UK set but it will have different artwork according to this

ETA: There will be a version of this set released in the UK. It won't be quite the same, and it will have different artwork, but there will be a Doctor Who S1-7 bluray boxset released in the UK. More details as and when they come.

Reactions: PunkNinja
Yes...because its bigger on the inside :hilarious:

:hilarious:

Or a Dalek is inside EEK!

Price is not actually that bad.... Because the DT special set was $200 when It was released. I sold my dvd's a while back in hopes of one day having 1-4 released. Id prefer not having the remote tho and I am holding out for individual 1-4 and IF i have to pay $50 a piece for them I gladly will.If they are more than that i will just get this set.

I know a lot of doctor who is on sale this week for super cheep. But I always tried to save knowing the sets would be expensive when released.

Dr. Who Limited Edition Giftset (Blu-Ray) [USA]

Purchase here

911Bu7swbxL._SL1500_.jpg

For the first time ever, BBC Home Entertainment is collecting the complete new Doctor Who together on Blu-ray plus an amazing assortment of additional items, including the totally unique Doctor Who Universal Remote Control Sonic Screwdriver. The collection includes Series 1-4, featuring Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston and Tenth Doctor David Tennant, making their Blu-ray debut in newly remastered versions at full 1080p resolution, plus the David Tennant Specials collection and Series 5-7 featuring Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith, also on 1080p high definition Blu-ray. Catch up with the complete new Doctor Who in high definition just in time for the historic 50th Anniversary Special this fall.

Reactions: Rand