Dredd (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #50) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 28, 2016 (Standard) - November 28, 2016 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC Edition #1 - FAC Edition #2 - FAC Edition #3 - FAC Edition #4
Price: 799 CZK (Standard) 899 CZK (Edition 1) - 1,099 CZK (Edition 2) - 2,199 CZK (Edition 3) - 899 CZK (Edition 4)
Notes: E1 1001 copies - E2 751 copies - E3 HardBox (E1+E2) 701 copies
HDN Group buys: E1 Edition only - E2 Edition only - E3 Edition - Hardbox - E4 Edition - E5 Edition (Scanavo Case)

Full Slip Scanavo Case release thread HERE

14500618_1121726877944287_8995416052392451215_o.jpg 14615697_1124417451008563_5818685714201523935_o.jpg e4 large.jpg 14711185_1126890000761308_6279040377028082339_o.jpg
dreedd.jpg dredd.jpg
Dredd_front_cz_emboss.jpg Dredd_front_cz.jpg dredd_inside.jpg
12226534_1222959997720552_994042168_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How about shipping to hubs rather than directly to the buyer? Will be more expensive for the buyer but at least then you can limit it to one per person

Not to quote anyone specifically but to give few of you answers to comments posted in this thread:

Believe me there are things being done about traders and scalpers. Members have been contacted, asked to take down their listings and blacklisted as well. Mods are helping us monitor members but if they have fake accounts etc. its very hard to track them down unless they directly show a picture of item from Karels group buy (where the numbering sticker can be seen). There are members getting copies from his GB for their collection and getting extra stuff to re-sell from FilmArena directly - I know its not fair but since they are not selling Karels copies they are following his rule so we cant do anything about that.

Usually its very hard to police all members in Karels group buys, simply because its just us two guys and we have to prioritize as we are constantly receiving messages, combining requests, payment queries, questions about shipping members copies etc. And now with the scope of all the group buys we have only little time and energy left to do something else.

That suggestion about limiting copies and changing it before the GB closes is not bad but it would be time consuming to monitor it and it would result in much more orders - that means more time, more physical work, more shipping etc etc etc. - Karel would have to have an extra person to handle all packing, labeling, checking copies etc. And he doesnt have anyone like that so its impossible to be even thinking about a change like that. I always appreciate everyones ideas and always forward it to him to discuss it but believe me when I say we usually dont even get five minutes to discuss these things as we have waves of messages incoming daily.

With all the opened GBs and with more FAC releases coming our way we are both getting very close to the edge of our own possiblities and with not much time left we just keep things the way they are set right now. Any big change would mean delays in all our activities - which will make a lot of members unhappy and complaining. So I guess the only option we have left for now is to just carry on the same way and try to make members happy with how we do it now.

Thanks to all mods, our friends and other ninjas for your help and support!
Humbled thanks to you both for your amazing tireless work!:thumbs:
worship.gif
image.jpg
***please tip your GB Hosts well!***:thumbs::D

Not to quote anyone specifically but to give few of you answers to comments posted in this thread:

Believe me there are things being done about traders and scalpers. Members have been contacted, asked to take down their listings and blacklisted as well. Mods are helping us monitor members but if they have fake accounts etc. its very hard to track them down unless they directly show a picture of item from Karels group buy (where the numbering sticker can be seen). There are members getting copies from his GB for their collection and getting extra stuff to re-sell from FilmArena directly - I know its not fair but since they are not selling Karels copies they are following his rule so we cant do anything about that.

Usually its very hard to police all members in Karels group buys, simply because its just us two guys and we have to prioritize as we are constantly receiving messages, combining requests, payment queries, questions about shipping members copies etc. And now with the scope of all the group buys we have only little time and energy left to do something else.

That suggestion about limiting copies and changing it before the GB closes is not bad but it would be time consuming to monitor it and it would result in much more orders - that means more time, more physical work, more shipping etc etc etc. - Karel would have to have an extra person to handle all packing, labeling, checking copies etc. And he doesnt have anyone like that so its impossible to be even thinking about a change like that. I always appreciate everyones ideas and always forward it to him to discuss it but believe me when I say we usually dont even get five minutes to discuss these things as we have waves of messages incoming daily.

With all the opened GBs and with more FAC releases coming our way we are both getting very close to the edge of our own possiblities and with not much time left we just keep things the way they are set right now. Any big change would mean delays in all our activities - which will make a lot of members unhappy and complaining. So I guess the only option we have left for now is to just carry on the same way and try to make members happy with how we do it now.

thanks for letting everyone know. please dont change the quantity from 2 and as most collectors like mutiple copies!

Well Paul, as you and I and lots of others know, and many, including Mods, have complained openly and to Karel etc, many of those buying multiple copies are selling on at a profit, yet nothing has been done about it so far.

I and a number of others have suggested that ALL gbs be made one copy per member until 3 to 5 days before the end of the GB in order to level out the playing field somewhat.

We wait with baited breath . . . .

please no. all my friends and nearly everyone i know buy 2 copies. 1 to keep sealed, one to open.

stopping this will cause huge problems to their OCD :p

Last edited:

Thanks for all your hard work and I'm sure I speak for everyone on this forum when I say we appreciate all the effort you put in to this. :thumbs:

How about shipping to hubs rather than directly to the buyer? Will be more expensive for the buyer but at least then you can limit it to one per person
how about no...
thanks for letting everyone know. please dont change the quantity from 2 and as most collectors like mutiple copies! please no. all my friends and nearly everyone i know buy 2 copies. 1 to keep sealed, one to open. stopping this will cause huge problems to their OCD
praises to that! agreed!

thanks for letting everyone know. please dont change the quantity from 2 and as most collectors like mutiple copies!

please no. all my friends and nearly everyone i know buy 2 copies. 1 to keep sealed, one to open.

stopping this will cause huge problems to their OCD

Couldn't of said it better plus only 3 of the 24 FAC GB's sold out in less than a day when I had a look. All the other FAC GBs lasted for at least 2 days and usually 1 week minimum. Dredd, Ex Machina, and Whiplash are the only 3 that sold out in less than a day. If its only happened 3 out of 24 times and you want change because of resellers who your not getting rid of anyway if you went to 1 instead of 2 copies, and missing out on that few GBs welcome to the world where everything isn't perfect. I excluded Elektra and AASB because limited stock and one copy available anyway.

Carl is doing such a amazing job I'm amazed complaints are coming because a few people missed 1 GB. Maybe I'm missing something?

Couldn't of said it better plus only 3 of the 24 FAC GB's sold out in less than a day when I had a look. All the other FAC GBs lasted for at least 2 days and usually 1 week minimum. Dredd, Ex Machina, and Whiplash are the only 3 that sold out in less than a day. If its only happened 3 out of 24 times and you want change because of resellers who your not getting rid of anyway if you went to 1 instead of 2 copies, and missing out on that few GBs welcome to the world where everything isn't perfect. I excluded Elektra and AASB because limited stock and one copy available anyway.

Carl is doing such a amazing job I'm amazed complaints are coming because a few people missed 1 GB. Maybe I'm missing something?

These are not complaints. These are suggestions. And this is coming from someone who MADE the group buy. So I'm not saying this out of self-interest. I've had the good fortune of not missing any of Karel's GBs that I wanted. But I also have Internet access and a schedule that allow me to check the site fairly regularly. But I also realize not everyone is the same situation. And you're right, for many of the titles offered, this isn't a big issue. But it's come up three times very recently and it can be tough on people. So I guess it basically boils down to whether one would rather give more people copies of these great releases or appease the OCD of a select few. For me, the choice is easy. I'd favor giving more people access. But that's just my opinion. I can see not everyone shares that opinion. That's fine. I'm just offering the suggestion for the future.

Ultimately, the the choice is Karel's. His GB, his rules. But he seems like a guy who goes out of his way to help others and he may or may not be aware the results of his rules. Hence the suggestion. He's free to ignore it or he's free to follow it

These are not complaints. These are suggestions. And this is coming from someone who MADE the group buy. So I'm not saying this out of self-interest. I've had the good fortune of not missing any of Karel's GBs that I wanted. But I also have Internet access and a schedule that allow me to check the site fairly regularly. But I also realize not everyone is the same situation. And you're right, for many of the titles offered, this isn't a big issue. But it's come up three times very recently and it can be tough on people. So I guess it basically boils down to whether one would rather give more people copies of these great releases or appease the OCD of a select few. For me, the choice is easy. I'd favor giving more people access. But that's just my opinion. I can see not everyone shares that opinion. That's fine. I'm just offering the suggestion for the future.

Ultimately, the the choice is Karel's. His GB, his rules. But he seems like a guy who goes out of his way to help others and he may or may not be aware the results of his rules. Hence the suggestion. He's free to ignore it or he's free to follow it
Keep in mind, that some of the people that order two copies, are doing that AS A PROXY for members who CAN'T make the GB. I know I have done that many times. (This is called "doing a solid");):D

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I keep hearing the sound of a broken record. I have missed some GB's, but I didn't cry about it. Just had to live with it and find a copy from elsewhere. I missed Whiplash GB, one I would had loved to participate, but I wasn't awake at the right time. So how about those with 2 copies of Whiplash, should I had demanded them to hand over one copy to those left without like myself. No way, they were here, I wasn't, to me they deserve their copies.

im pretty new here. And just started getting into group buys. I see both points being valid. Limiting the group buy to one per person and then not. No matter what happens people are going to scalp. I used to buy most my steels from Facebook. Not everyone sales on eBay. So it really boils down to time Carl is super busy and can't limit it to one tell a few days before release as it puts more time to look through the Gbs. Another thing would be to possibly make it first 24 hours only one copy per person and have a mod maybe once the time elapses post in the gb thread. Then people who can't check the forums every 15 mins will have a chance. Again just a suggestion.

This is not how Karel works with his GB

stopping this will cause huge problems to their OCD

It was just CONFIRMED by collector that they will not change the amount of copies from 2 to 1, GB rule will remain as 2 copies per member

I'm fine with a limit of one copy per person. I'd rather see more people get copies.

These are not complaints. These are suggestions....

@Kvack @Jericho Collector Just Confirmed on Behalf of Karel and Himself that They will not change the Group Buy rule of ''limit 2 copies per member'' and he has explained the reasons why in his post he just posted (post #540). So if you still question the group buy rule thinking it should be changed, please go re-read collector's post that explains the reason why they will not change this rule. Karel's rule will remain firmly at 2 copies per member.

@Jawcrc Hello Mate :) I saw your post and you may have missed a very important Message coming from Collector on behalf of Karel and Himself that goes with your statement and line of questioning. After reading this post, you will know more as to why they will not change their Group Buy rules and maybe less confusing for the future. Collector's Explanation Post #540

:)

Just my two cents as a dedicated member who checks this forum daily and who has been consistently collecting the FilmArena releases...lower quantity releases (300 and below) should be limited to 1 per forum member...I've now missed out on: King Kong, Whiplash, and Dredd...not by lack of interest, but because there never seems to be a clear indication on when the GB thread will open...a simple timetable will make it fair if you don't want to change the quantity rule...so members have a heads-up and can set an alarm if a GB opens in the middle of the night where they're located. FAIR GAME! Half of these 2nd copies are going straight to Ebay when received and put up for TRIPLE...sometimes QUADRUPLE the amount of the GB COST! Who's paying for it!? ME as a loyal HDN MEMBER and COLLECTOR! I get it takes more time to monitor and would result in more orders, but like I mentioned, it's a lower quantity release in these cases anyway and I truly believe it would make more members happy on here if we can find a way to spread the wealth! Share and trade with your fellow ninjas, it's what this community SHOULD be about! If you have a 2nd copy and see another ninja missed out, shoot them a message if they're in your country, lend a helping hand instead of holding a greedy one! I'd GLADLY make a 1-for-1 FAC trade if anyone here in the USA missed out one of the FilmArena releases that I received 2 of for one that I missed out on that you have 2 of. If everyone did that, everyone can be happy here...and happy Ninjas make a happy forum!

Last edited: