Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 10 August, 2015
Purchase: Dredd 3D or Zbox/Dredd Combo
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 only.
Per various responses to customers, key chains are being mailed separately.

dredd1.jpg

1.JPG 2.JPG dreddchain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ashisarobot, Is the badge small enough to fit in a steelbook?

The £25 price is actually justified whether you want the keychain or not. Unfortunately we are forced to pay that price but the badge is a nice touch. The price of amaray is irrelevant when comparing to steelbooks imo. Not sure why its constantly mentioned in this thread. As the steel was originally £16 and now the add on of a £9 numbered extra is known, im not as sour on the price but still have to contemplate if I want to wait and see if these last long enough for a price drop or not risk it and just bite? The release and price isnt too bad, but Zavvi are just horrible at marketing steelbooks....I mean god awful!

The Zbox stunt is a major turnoff. Im sick of these being constantly waved in the faces of steelbook collectors. We collect STEELBOOKS! Not £1 novelty items sold at gas stations and mini-marts stuffed in a box. I refuse to go near Z box land. I dont call out cash grabs as retailer gotta find ways to stay in business but these Z Boxes leaning heavily on the sell of steelbooks is so blatant and unappealing I have to say it.

Last edited:
That keyring doesn't even look right. They already made a nice keyring that actually looks like the badge a couple of years ago, whereas this version looks like a weird knock-off, like the badge on a fake football shirt that you'd get for £5 on a market stall.

Definitely sticking with my Japanese steelbook.

Gutted - was really looking forward to this, but not paying £43 for it. Hopefully it will be on again at that £25 price and I'll definitely get it - but not paying £43 for a piece of tat, however much I want this steelbook :(

Zavvi, whilst never having a lot of customer love from me, has really lost so much respect - stop forcing us to pay a fortune to get our steenboks now (like Wall-e being with a z box too, so I had to miss out)

That keyring doesn't even look right. They already made a nice keyring that actually looks like the badge a couple of years ago, whereas this version looks like a weird knock-off, like the badge on a fake football shirt that you'd get for £5 on a market stall.

Definitely sticking with my Japanese steelbook.

Badge looks exactly like the one in the movie, just not as worn.
upload_2015-5-19_15-19-35.png

upload_2015-5-19_15-19-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-19_15-15-36.png
    upload_2015-5-19_15-15-36.png
    633 KB · Views: 65
this is actually a very good / norty marketing trick by zavvi,
they know people are not happy with the £25 price tag,
so what better way to sell it
1st sugar coat it with a £1.50 key ring
2nd release it first with a £40 plus price tag with the zbox
then when it lowers to £25 people will think its now a better price so jump on it,
very slimey zavvi very slimey indeed,

I want this, but if I miss out by not buying it with the 'box o tat' so be it, I'm not dancing to zavvi's tune anymore. If I'm gonna pay a premium for a Dredd steel, I'll join the mondo GB.

if they get sold out at the zbox price which i doubt im pretty sure you would be able to pick this up on ebay for less that £43 so im gonna wait either way , if it sales with teh box ill get it if not ill get it off the bay

Reactions: shiftyraccoon
I'm still committing myself to get this, be nice if there is an active discount code in-case there is no price drop, which there won't be as the zbox offers will negate that option.

Reactions: Ashisarobot