Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 10 August, 2015
Purchase: Dredd 3D or Zbox/Dredd Combo
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 only.
Per various responses to customers, key chains are being mailed separately.

dredd1.jpg

1.JPG 2.JPG dreddchain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
zavvi can't win :lol. They try new artwork and people whine about the lack of original art, then they use the same damn theatrical artwork here and people say they're lazy. :lol:

zavvi can't win :lol. They try new artwork and people whine about the lack of original art, then they use the same damn theatrical artwork here and people say they're lazy. :lol:
I think it's the fact that they've over used the same art though.

Cover is fine, but it's repeated again inside and it would have been nice if it was different to the disc art!

But yeah, I guess we are a picky lot us steelbook collectors!!! :D

Reactions: lolwut
Just got my return+ label for this and just ordered the German media book for just £11.30 shipped so £14 beer money as well .... happy days.

Also it's a cropped up mess , can't believe they would charge £24.99 for this junk.

The French tin is much nicer and a better transfer to boot on two separate discs.

Starting to wish they had cancelled my order now... the way they've cropped the images looks quite bad. I think the steel actually looks better with the j-card on lol.

Reactions: lolwut and chunk
Dred(d) can also mean "cool or awesome" - I'm not saying this is but . . .
IMO this is an OK steelbook in spite of the fact they've used the same images on the inside as on the outside and the same front image as on the 2013 plastic case release.

After the hassle in almost getting my hands on this steelbook the last thing I'm going to do is knock it :)

Reactions: bigstevie8582
Just wanted to add.
Not defending laziness of interior art repeating external art.
BUT
I think some people should stop being hypocrits. Vast majority of Mondo steelbooks recycle the artwork throughout the steelbook or have what can be called some sort of abstract non-art on the inside and people fall over themselves praising. Look at the art for true detective s1. It's the same front back and inside. Truly pathetic.

at least with the Mondos, there is an aesthetic, artsy design at play with those, whereas Dredd is absolutely a lazy 6-year old's art project

Not just the total copy/paste job, but as others have mentioned, the image cropping and text placement too close along the edge just makes this overall look like a sloppy release.

Cover it in gloss all you want...that lipstick on a pig phrase comes to mind...

Bartolo-Colon.jpg