Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: June 6, 2022
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £54.99
Notes: UHD Disc Region Free - Blu-ray Disc Region B locked
Drive_ExplodedPackshot_1024x1024@2x.png

FOJlmfSXMAU1SdB.jpg FOJpJAUXwAQNMK2.jpg FOJl50OXsAIyLBr.jpg FOJl0jRXIAk47gT.jpg 275568898_2381321562002263_3343378778649380361_n.jpg
Special Features

• A Special Edition release presented by Second Sight Films and Director Nicolas Winding Refn
  • Includes UHD and Blu-ray both with main feature and bonus features
  • New 4K master produced by the original post production company and approved by Nicolas Winding Refn
  • UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR graded by the film’s original colourist
  • Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • New exclusive audio commentary by Nicolas Winding Refn and The Guardian film critic Peter Bradshaw
  • Drive: a 70 minutes conversation with Nicolas Winding Refn, Editor Mat Newman and Composer Cliff Martinez
  • Cutting a Getaway - a new interview with Mat Newman
  • 3 Point Turns – a new video essay by Leigh Singer
  • Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Premium box set packaging with new artwork by AllCity
  • 240-page hardback book with new essays by Travis Crawford, Alison Taylor, Matthew Thrift, Simon Ward, Thomas Joseph Watson, Emma Westwood and Hannah Woodhead, an exclusive interview with Drive author James Sallis by Matthew Thrift, original storyboards, stills and behind-the-scenes photos
  • The original novel with exclusive new artwork by AllCity
  • 7 collectors' art cards
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4146

Certificate: 18

Region: 4K UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B

Last edited by a moderator:
So just to confirm. Will this release only be the bigger box set or will there be a smaller hard slip case like their other releases?

I do really like the art on this. Looks lovely but I’d rather something a bit smaller I suppose
Just the big boxset & then the standard UHD amaray, or at least that’s all they’ve announced so far. I can’t see them adding a third option though.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Just the big boxset & then the standard UHD amaray, or at least that’s all they’ve announced so far. I can’t see them adding a third option though.
Cheers. I’m not sure why I thought I read that earlier. But I suspected that after just seeing the 3 links

How long ago did I click to watch this? Well I’m glad I did bought my copy easy peasy.
They have the same checkout system software as Cinemuseum, guess they share how long you have to wait for there titles to release as well.

The standard amaray editions should have a separate thread as they not limited editions
They are just standard edition amaray cases

Usually standard editions are announced after limited edition but for this film they decided to release same time but they are separate releases

There is only 1 limited edition and that's the Box Set
This thread is for limited edition in Blu-ray Collector's & Limited Editions forum section and should only have purchase links to the box set

The limited edition Box set and standard editions will also be available from Amazon/Zavvi/HMV
Links on those websites should be active in next few weeks

The 240 page hardback book it that was to be released on it's own you would be looking at a retail price of around £20 to £30 for that book alone as that the usual price range for similar books

Limited Edition Contents

• 240-page hardback book with new essays by Travis Crawford, Alison Taylor, Matthew Thrift, Simon Ward, Thomas Joseph Watson, Emma Westwood and Hannah Woodhead, an exclusive interview with Drive author James Sallis by Matthew Thrift, original storyboards, stills and behind-the-scenes photos

do they ship such editions in cardboard boxes with a lot of protection?
Second Sight would be shipped in a Box

This limited edition will also be available from Amazon UK/Zavvi/HMV will be listed on those websites in next few weeks
They will use various type of packaging but likely will be a box packaging due to the size of the box set

Special Features

• A Special Edition release presented by Second Sight Films and Director Nicolas Winding Refn
  • New 4K master produced by the original post production company and approved by Nicolas Winding Refn
  • New exclusive audio commentary by Nicolas Winding Refn and The Guardian film critic Peter Bradshaw
  • Drive: a 70 minutes conversation with Nicolas Winding Refn, Editor Mat Newman and Composer Cliff Martinez
Limited Edition Contents

Catalogue number: 2NDBR4146

Certificate: 18

Region: 4K UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B

FOJlmfSXMAU1SdB.jpg FOJpJAUXwAQNMK2.jpg FOJl50OXsAIyLBr.jpg FOJl0jRXIAk47gT.jpg 275568898_2381321562002263_3343378778649380361_n.jpg

Reactions: PKAorange
Already have the Manta Lab set but this will have to be my first ever double dip. I love this package and Drive is one of my favourite movies of all time, pre-ordered! will proudly display this on the shelf. Okay, off to listen to the soundtrack for the millionth time :headphone::headphone:

Reactions: crib79
  • Thanks
Reactions: Masta Norris
Why are there two exactly the same threads for this release, just in different subforums, I always get confused.

Considering the 4K on its own is £25 I personally don't think the extras (which are primarily cardboard) on offer here aren't worth an extra £30....

But that's just me. Jeez!
A 240-page 'booklet' and a novel, plus new extras, isn't worth it? I think this edition is much better, more substantial, than 2-3 different shiny slips with childish lenticulars from any other 'premium' hustler.

Special Features

but that are extras pauly... your words not mine :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Masta Norris
but that are extras pauly... your words not mine :naughty:
You forgot to quote the full post :p

Limited Edition Contents ;)

Standard edition has same disc content but does not have the limited edition packaging contents ;)

Extras always applies to discs

Packaging content is a not the same thing

Why are there two exactly the same threads for this release, just in different subforums, I always get confused.

A 240-page 'booklet' and a novel, plus new extras, isn't worth it? I think this edition is much better, more substantial, than 2-3 different shiny slips with childish lenticulars from any other 'premium' hustler.
We often do threads in different web forums sections of a same release
It's so members and visitors to HDN website don't miss info about a release

Examples
Arrow Video
Scream Factory
88 Films
And other label releases
You will often see a limited edition release listed in 1 or 2 different web forum sections same time

If you not aware
When anyone clicks on Amazon/Zavvi purchase links in HDN threads and makes a purchase HDN get paid a fee by the retailer for that purchase
HDN makes it's revenue from purchase links and advertisting and Group Buys
So if a member or vistor found a release in different web fourm section HDN does not miss out on getting paid for that purchase

Not everyone sees info about a release if they just vist one form section as it might be a forum section they don't usually look at
Some members and vistors to HDN website look at different web form sections to find about a release

Example this web forum thread is for the Limited Edition not the standard editions

extras are extras
and
special features are special features

or are cars and planes both the same for you? :naughty:
DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases
Extras always applies to what is included on the discs themselves and has done since extras started to be included with DVD releases
Extras are also sometimes listed as bonus features or special features
Example
274868915_10226305259238432_1304634803573579131_n.jpg

Books/Slips/Posters/Artcards/Digibook/Steelbook etc etc are what type packaging content is included
Sometimes a limited edition might include a disc with exclusive extras and you clearly list is exclusive to limited edition when that applies

That is why you see listed a description on retailers websites that separately lists between discs content and limited edition packaging contents

Example the standard editions of Drive has same discs extras listed but does not include the limited edition packaging contents
If you said no extras are included with standard edition would be incorrect

• Haha
Reactions: tha_lunatic
@tha_lunatic

On a humor note well sort off :rofl:

If you was working in a music/film shop that sold DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases and you told a customer a release they asking about does not include any extras (When the disc does include extras) you would be providing the customer with wrong info now do you understand

I would discipline you if you did that :rofl: :p as it could lead to a lost sale

• Haha
Reactions: tha_lunatic
@tha_lunatic

On a humor note well sort off :rofl:

If you was working in a music/film shop that sold DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases and you told a customer a release they asking about does not include any extras (When the disc does include extras) you would be providing the customer with wrong info now do you understand

I would discipline you if you did that :rofl: :p as it could lead to a lost sale

If you've hired @tha_lunatic in the first place lost sales should be expected :naughty:

He'll also enjoy you disciplining him :LOL::rofl: