Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 28, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Plaion Pictures - JPC
Price: €89.99
Notes: 6 Discs 1 UHD and 5 Blu-rays - Extended TV Version on Blu-ray - Extended Alternative Version - Spicediver Cut (1080p) on Blu-ray

91hr1EnAMpL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
  • Photo book with designs and set photos by Ron Miller, the production designer of DUNE, including an interview with him + booklet text by Paul Poet
  • DUNE – The comic adaptation by Bill Sienkiewicz and Ralph Macchio

Disc 1:
  • 4K-UHD: New 4K scan from the original negative from Koch Films
  • Sound: German/English – DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • Subtitles: German
  • Extras: German and English trailer / picture gallery

Disc 2:
  • Blu-ray version of Disc 1

Disc 3:
  • New extras:
  • New feature-length documentary “The Sleeper Must Awaken – Making of DUNE” with many new interviews (approx. 82 min.)
  • New interview with actor Jürgen Prochnow (approx. 28 min.)
  • Featurette “Beyond Our Imagination – The Merchandise” by and with Brian Sillman (Netflix's THE TOYS THAT MADE US) (approx. 23 min.)
  • Featurette “Prophecy Fulfilled – The Film Music” with new interviews with Steve Lukather and Steve Porcaro from Toto as well as film music historian Tim Greiving (approx. 25 min.)
  • Interview with special effects artist Giannetto De Rossi (approx. 17 min.)

Disc 4:
  • Video archive:
    • “Destination DUNE” – contemporary making of (approx. 6 min.)
    • “Impressions of DUNE” – Making of documentary from 2003 (approx. 38 min.)
    • Deleted scenes, some with commentary by Raffaela De Laurentiis (approx. 20 min.)
    • Featurette “Designing DUNE” – about production design (approx. 9 min.)
    • Featurette “DUNE Models and Minatures” – about the models (approx. 7 min.)
    • Featurette “DUNE FX” – about the special effects (approx. 6 min.)
    • Featurette “DUNE Wardrobe Design” – about the costumes (approx. 5 min.)
    • Sean Young's Super8 footage from the set (approx. 6 minutes)
    • Interview with actor Paul Smith (approx. 13 min.)
    • Interview with Production Coordinator Golda Offenheim (approx. 26 min.)
  • Audio archive:
    • Interview with David Lynch (Guardian Lectures 1985) (approx. 69 min.)
    • Radio interview with Frank Herbert about the start of the film (approx. 11 minutes)
    • David Lynch in conversation with Frank Herbert about the film's release (approx. 47 min.)
    • Frank Herbert on the creation of Dune (approx. 80 min.)

Disc 5:

Extended TV version
  • Film length: approx. 177 minutes
  • Image format 2.35:1 (HD, 1080p)
  • Languages: German (2.0), English (5.1)
  • Sound formats: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0/5.1
  • Subtitles: German, English

Disc 6:

Extended Alternative Version - Spicediver Cut
  • Film length: approx. 179 minutes
  • Image format: 2.35:1 (HD, 1080p)
  • Language: English
  • Sound formats: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
  • Subtitles: German, English
Edit info provided by member @Spicediver
Disc 6
This reissue actually contains the 1080p HD version of the Spicediver Cut which he completed in 2022. It's correctly listed on the back of the box.

Last edited:
That's a lot of Dune...
Gotta see what of this I already have in previous editions.

Edit: Right, I thought I've seen this already, it's all been released in 2022, the listed as new extras on disc 3 are NOT new. In fact it's missing a 7th disc, a CD Soundtrack from the Koch Ultimate edition.
This is just a re-release under Plaion name, same art-book and comic book too.

Last edited:
That's a lot of Dune...

Edit: Right, I thought I've seen this already, it's all been released in 2022, the listed as new extras on disc 3 are NOT new. In fact it's missing a 7th disc, a CD Soundtrack from the Koch Ultimate edition.
Have you watched the spicediver cut ? How's PQ ?

That's a lot of Dune...

True, but given that the Koch Ultimate is long OOP and regularly sells for well north of US$250, this is a great opportunity for those who missed out to get essentially the same content for a whole lot less, sans CD and acrylic packaging.

US$86 shipped from JPC.de

True, but given that the Koch Ultimate is long OOP and regularly sells for well north of US$250, this is a great opportunity for those who missed out to get essentially the same content for a whole lot less, sans CD and acrylic packaging.

US$86 shipped from JPC.de

How does JPC.de package their products? I always worry about buying from other countries because I've received a lot of damaged items when importing.

How does JPC.de package their products? I always worry about buying from other countries because I've received a lot of damaged items when importing.

I've not had problems, but I typically buy multiple titles per order to defray shipping costs, and those items typically come boxed. Single items will likely come in an ark-style cardboard mailer (see below).

The one data point where it did make a noticeable difference compared to Amazon international or FNAC is that JPC's gift packaging is worth it for 2,51 euros IMO. With Amazon and FNAC, the gift packaging is merely a bag without padding that protects against scuffs and scrapes, but nothing beyond that. JPC's gift packaging, on the other hand is a corrogated cardboard mailer that offers some level of padding and protection.

I ordered it with my 3D steelbook of Avatar Way of Water:

jpc1.jpg

jpc2.jpg

jpc3.jpg

jpc4.jpg

Reactions: confessor94
I've not had problems, but I typically buy multiple titles per order to defray shipping costs, and those items typically come boxed. Single items will likely come in an ark-style cardboard mailer (see below).

The one data point where it did make a noticeable difference compared to Amazon international or FNAC is that JPC's gift packaging is worth it for 2,51 euros IMO. With Amazon and FNAC, the gift packaging is merely a bag without padding that protects against scuffs and scrapes, but nothing beyond that. JPC's gift packaging, on the other hand is a corrogated cardboard mailer that offers some level of padding and protection.

I ordered it with my 3D steelbook of Avatar Way of Water:

jpc1.jpg

jpc2.jpg

jpc3.jpg

jpc4.jpg
Awesome. Thanks so much for the info. Really appreciate it.