Dune (2021) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 49) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: April 29 May 27, 2022 (TBC) READ THIS
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on February 25, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $149.98 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Slide Open Box with Premium Tray, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On. (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight).

Dune_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_FS_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_DLS_5000x.jpg
Dune_steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
As @Aniv said, if you wanna reduce the time involved, then reduce the number of points of contact and go direct. Simple.
Manta ships directly so people assume they can just bulk ship everything at once. I've always wondered this in the past, like "I get they're waiting for the OC's to be replaced, but why can't they ship the singles in the meanwhile?", but then I realise my copy will show up eventually and I don't really care if it's June or July. I'm sure I'll get it sooner or later. GB's should ease your mind, not the opposite ;)

Manta ships directly so people assume they can just bulk ship everything at once. I've always wondered this in the past, like "I get they're waiting for the OC's to be replaced, but why can't they ship the singles in the meanwhile?", but then I realise my copy will show up eventually and I don't really care if it's June or July. I'm sure I'll get it sooner or later. GB's should ease your mind, not the opposite ;)

Missed a trick there. Dune or July…..

If they are going to offer up an opinion or view on something they know nothing about, they can’t be sensitive when they receive a factual, honest response. Your response was in no way offensive.

I too do not know all the intricacies of GBs, however I get and understand the concept and therefore appreciate there are multiple touch points and information to collect to then pass on.

Any efficient system or process is one that relies on as few contact points as possible and so if that means having to wait a little longer to avoid having to do the work more than once, then so be it.

As @Aniv said, if you wanna reduce the time involved, then reduce the number of points of contact and go direct. Simple.

Thanks for being understanding. I will reach out to the vendor to try to get some clarity on when the OC will be released for this title. With ZSL we did partial shipments in advance because I knew the resin editions won't be ready anytime soon. If I have to break it down if we anticipate a super long delay I will do it for dune but if it's going to be another week or so at the most since covid restrictions have been lifted from the supplier regions then I will just invoice all together.

Will update ASAP.

Production updates with ZSJL Motherboxes and Dune OC.

1. ZSJL Motherboxes
We are still in production with the master factory and we know everyone is very exhausted from the wait. We've been working on this project since last year November and we also can't believe that we are still working on this. This was our first product that required more than printing and we have definitely underestimated the process so it's taking much longer than our usual delays.

At the moment, we are checking the final products and we want to amend the colors a bit more to add extra details to the boxes. The amendment process is taking a long time and longer than what we expected. Unlike printing, these things will take month or two just to change a few things. These boxes are expected to arrive in the first week of August and we hope to keep the schedule this time.

2. Dune OC
Everything is done with the Dune except for the Ring. Similar to the problem we are having the motherboxes, these things take really long time to fix the problem. Again, we are chasing factories to push the production but doing multiple production samples still have problems in the final product. We are again amending some of the problems we find with the ring and hope to finish them in August as well and the expected delivery day is the end of August.

We sincerely apologise to all our customer waiting for the products and we already have notified our retailers for this problem. In the future, we will try to work with more room for amendments for these premiums.

Thank you very much.
Manta Lab

Lastly, we are going to share some photos of the final product of these premiums and we think the wait is worth it! They are going to look great for those who own them. Thanks and have a wonderful night.

I understand the GB host's position, but I think at this point, the single edition whining is starting to be justified. :)

Yep.

Aniv acknowledged in his last post that his initial decision not to deal with the singles separately was based on what was hoped to be a small delay to the OC. This was fair enough given the additional work involved and what was assumed to be the relatively short delay. Given the further delay to late August and Aniv's last comment about potentially revisiting this decision...

rebecca-ferguson-lady-jessica (1).gif

From Collectong:

Pre-order & Release updates

- No pre-orders in July because of many pending releases.
- ZSJL Motherboxes will begin shipping in the 2nd week of August. Shipping invoice will be sent from next week.
- Dune OC will be delayed to late August because of remaking materials. Our distributor is not satisfied with the final outcome and the process will take at least 1.5 month.
- Matrix 4 Singles will begin shipping according to the schedule but OC may delay 2 weeks because cat production is taking longer than expected.

We apologise for the delay of shipments.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
Collectong

Thanks for being understanding. I will reach out to the vendor to try to get some clarity on when the OC will be released for this title. With ZSL we did partial shipments in advance because I knew the resin editions won't be ready anytime soon. If I have to break it down if we anticipate a super long delay I will do it for dune but if it's going to be another week or so at the most since covid restrictions have been lifted from the supplier regions then I will just invoice all together.

Will update ASAP.

Hi Aniv

Now that the OC has been delayed to late August are you planning ship the singles separately? It would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Aniv

Now that the OC has been delayed to late August are you planning ship the singles separately? It would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi have had two, subsequently deleted, replies by another member telling me to stop bugging Aniv. I accept that patience is not one of my superpowers but given Aniv’s last post thought it was a reasonable enquiry.

Anyway - engaging patient mode…

29917CF9-F2E8-42DE-804E-E78E8B538424.gif

Reactions: hatredhorror