Eastern Promises (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Alliance Wave 2 [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
As posted by apsmith21 in the general Alliance Wave 2 thread, this will be released May 31th. We'll update this thread with art/details as available.

Thanks Justintime2k for posting the art in the "Wave 2 general thread".

M2189472.jpg

Eastern Promises Blu-Ray Steelbook:

Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004XL4THC/?tag=hidefnin0b-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm most excited to get this one out of my order. Can't wait to check it out when it comes!

Managed to pick this up plus four others at futureshop. I had no intentions of getting The Green Hornet and I was going to wait for Blade and Appaloosa to go on sale but when they stare you in the face I just couldn't resist. I had every intentions of picking up the Mechanic but unfortunately there was none left. I shouldn't have waited so long. :( I'm on the fence regarding the Wrestler. I really didn't like the movie but these steelbooks are so additive I might cave in eventually. I going to wait for the price to go down on Inglorious Basterds since I already have the German version but man, it's a nice cover.

Managed to pick this up plus four others at futureshop. I had no intentions of getting The Green Hornet and I was going to wait for Blade and Appaloosa to go on sale but when they stare you in the face I just couldn't resist. I had every intentions of picking up the Mechanic but unfortunately there was none left. I shouldn't have waited so long. :( I'm on the fence regarding the Wrestler. I really didn't like the movie but these steelbooks are so additive I might cave in eventually. I going to wait for the price to go down on Inglorious Basterds since I already have the German version but man, it's a nice cover.

Still lots of Mechanics left in my store. Also should be available on the FS website.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

It probably won't do any good, but I sent amazon.ca an email and asked them what the hold up is. What's the point of pre-ordering well in advance, if the items are going to be on back order?

It probably won't do any good, but I sent amazon.ca an email and asked them what the hold up is. What's the point of pre-ordering well in advance, if the items are going to be on back order?

Steelbooks are very popular and they can't also meet all the demanded orders on release day

Well, if pre-orders are greater then the number of units they're initially receiving... they should have either ordered more, or informed the customers in advance, so we could have the option of getting it somewhere else. (I personally wouldn't have gone to another company to get it, but just the principal of having the information to make a choice matters).

I noticed my order never went into the 'Preparing for shipping' phase, so I called them on Tuesday, and they acted as if there were no problem and the item would ship out that night.

That said, Amazon is usually great with customer service... so I'm not saying "Down with Amazon!!!!" or anything like that. But this type of situation could be handled much better.

Darczap -- let us know what they reply with, please! I might call later today and see if I can work a discount out of it. :)

Last edited:
it now say's on amazon.ca instock,earlier today it had 1-3 weeks.my order hasn't changed yet to preparing for shipping:rolleyes: