Eastern Promises (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Alliance Wave 2 [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
As posted by apsmith21 in the general Alliance Wave 2 thread, this will be released May 31th. We'll update this thread with art/details as available.

Thanks Justintime2k for posting the art in the "Wave 2 general thread".

M2189472.jpg

Eastern Promises Blu-Ray Steelbook:

Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004XL4THC/?tag=hidefnin0b-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of doing the same thing, DigitalBabe. :)

I'm getting anxious... now that I have the History of Violence as my 1st steelbook, I'm itching to order Kill Bill Vol.2 and Eastern Promises. All the other stores are a little more expensive then Amazon.ca... so I'm getting anxious to pre-order!

And thanks for the kind words re: my surgery. Looking good so far. Already back to 20/20 vision, with more improvement every day. Nice to be able to see my HoV steelbook again (it arrived literally an hour before I left for the Lasik.). :)

Last edited:
Sweet. I fired off an email late last night to them, and got a copy/paste response. They must have had enough of us badgering them.

Just pre-ordered EP and picked up Kill Bill Vol. 2 while I was at it. Damn this site. ;)

Last edited:
There goes all my money! lol

Ordered 2 of these, 2 Blades, Inglourious, and The Fighter. I need to post up some of my spare steels for trade/sale to fund my future steel purchases lol.

Hi All, regarding the "Blue Banner"...

Received from FS staff:

"the merch team hasn't actually physically seen any of these steelbooks so can't 100% confirm, but they have been told by the vendor that it's a cardboard overlay"

Please take it for what it is-until we have actual pics, things could still change, but FYI.

DB

Thanks for the pics, nice to know that there's no banner at all!

But seriously... F@%$# YOU for getting the movie so early!!! Amazon.ca hasn't even shipped mine yet!

;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, nice to know that there's no banner at all!

But seriously... F@%$# YOU for getting the movie so early!!! Amazon.ca hasn't even shipped mine yet!

;)

ADDED:

Actually, is there a standard blu ray banner on it? I can almost see one.

No banners at all. It's just the camera angle. These are all outstanding. Alliance do great work no question!!

No banners at all. It's just the camera angle. These are all outstanding. Alliance do great work no question!!

Cool cool -- noticed that in your other pics, of the lighter steels (like Inglorious Basterds).

Can't wait to get EP now! :)

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Looks like this (and probably the others in this wave) just dropped a few bucks to $19.99 CAD on Amazon.ca.

Just a little update for those who care...

I had to call Amazon.ca in order to get the lower price ($19.99) reflected in my order. Not sure if its due to the fact they had to fix the name of the movie (originally listed as Easter Promises)... but the price is supposed to auto-update in your order, so give 'em a call if it hasn't been lowered yet.

Reactions: ocielz