UK
Release date: April 27th, 2015
Purchase link: HMV (UK shipping only)
Price: £22.99
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus

01-31787.jpg

Last edited:
I got my order delivered also today
It looks like they delayed on purpose actual real shipped orders for rep of Ireland customers so we only got delivery on Friday release day

They sent out to us shipped emails on Tue but I suspect they delayed actual an post collection till yesterday morning as its only takes 1 day to deliver for customers in Ireland

Its funny UK customers they did not delay post collection and they got delivery before us

It looks ok but I'm looking forward to the Czech numbered full slip version I have on order as the extra in that look good
I thought you were going to bed?? :p:D

Reactions: lgans316
I thought you were going to bed?? :p:D
I should do I don't know how I have not passed out by now or even how I managed to get orders earlier for Avengers when most others had sleep and I did not
Ninja Speed on red bull and in my case to quick to notice fully what I was doing :LOL:
I have been working 4 12 hour night shifts this week and on 2 of these days I have been up 24 hours on 2 occasions I will most likely end up sleeping tonight and most of tomorrow if not I will be in danger of affecting my health

I have contacted Nova through Facebook private message as I have asked them for another option and questions I await their response but I'm sure they are busy dealing with lot of private messages from others about today I just hope they are not rude or unpleasant to staff
I did remind them the other day make sure your servers are ready so it looks like a bit of inexperience and under estimating the demand even though I told them to expect it

Tell me about it. I had it stuck in my head that this was going to be retailing at £14.99, so i took a special trip into town to pick it up before work...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
What made you think that
Its a new Film
3D Disk
2D Disk
Bonus Extras disk
3 Blu ray Discs

£22.99 is reasonable price for a new film that has 3 Discs
Its available to purchase online using
Xtra-Vision UK
Xtra-Vision Ireland
HMV Ireland

Discount Code
15% code
15OFFMMG

Note the Online Websites are out of stock at this moment in time and are awaiting stock

Picked this up today, it is a quality matte finish. I was a little shocked at the price but as already stated it is a 3 disc pack plus UV copy and it is a Fox release, they are never the cheapest.
I have to say that I really like the steel.

What made you think that
Its a new Film
3D Disk
2D Disk
Bonus Extras disk
3 Blu ray Discs

£22.99 is reasonable price for a new film that has 3 Discs
Its available to purchase online using
Xtra-Vision UK
Xtra-Vision Ireland
HMV Ireland

Discount Code
15% code
15OFFMMG

Note the Online Websites are out of stock at this moment in time and are awaiting stock

At first i thought it could my Alzheimer's..but then there could be a bit of the old Asperger's kicking in too..

On a lighter note... thanks for the X-tra Vision code Paul. Will have to look into that later. Always been a sucker for a swooping Ridley Scott epic on blu-ray, and his films lately have been lavished with extras. Just not prepared to pay 23 spots for it.

Sorry if it's been asked already.

Relating to 17.99 steelbook edition on X-tra Vision here. Is that the 3-disc editon?
Yes it is
That's were most of us got the steelbook from either xtra-vision or HMV online websites
But they are out of stock at the moment online
Awaiting Stock is the status

In two mind about this. On one-hand its cheap facsimile of Gladiator with more beards and some of the worst casting since "Breakfast at Tiffany's". On the other hand I really want to support HMV's steelbook releases.

I was quite surprised by the price, mainly because HMV's Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies was also 3D/2D and was £19.99. Still, we usually pay £22.99 to £24.99 for a new release 3D film with Zavvi/Entertainment Store so can't complain too much. It's quite a nice steel in hand too.

I thought you told me that meant 'sold out' before when I posted the Big Trouble In Little China link?
It does for most listings except new releases that should come back in stock

Big Trouble in China is 100% OOP (Out of Print that's direct info from Arrow Video)
Any retailer that has stock of Big Trouble in China is existing stock they have found in stores and was not sold or second hand copies sold by customers to Xtra-vision stores or existing stock they had for rental

Its Impossible for HMV or Xtra-Vision to order any new stock from Arrow Video of Big Trouble in little China
The only way that could happen is if Arrow Video decide to go with another print run and they have not done this

They have had for months some listings show awaiting stock and eventually removed the listings
Its different with a new release that more likely to come back available

They have some recent Warner Steelbooks that were amazon exclusives but that exclusive has expired
The likes of Once upon a time in America steelbook recently was available from HMV/Xtra-vision
Even Zavvi had Once upon a time in America at an expensive price €33 but is now also sold out
Xtra-vision/HMV have some of these warner steelbooks still like The Devil's Advocate/One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Personally, if I was a steelbook collector (which I'm guessing most of you are, hence being on this forum!) I wouldn't wait for a price drop before going to an HMV to buy this. According to a shop I found selling this on ebay, there were only 2,000 copies produced, and it will most likely sell out PDQ.