Face/Off (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #5) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release Date: end of August 2013
With inside and embossed artwork. The embossed bullet will be amazing and it will be one of kind.
Available from the Ninja shop: here

Official HDN video presentation:
[media=youtube]4JUfQzywlHc[/media]

Artworks:
FACE-OFF-BD1.JPG

View attachment 35683
View attachment 36473

Actual pictures: (Thanks to Domalorite)

Last edited by a moderator:
Blufans is not setting up for the international shipping yet or at least for a single order. Otherwise, there will be no needs for the group buys or the work of the hub. In most Blufans group buys, Asian and Oceanic orders are quite small. Even I group their orders under the US/Canada, UK hub, it will still be a long way to home. And John aka Masterblaster is hosting many great EU group buys at HDN, I thought it might be a good idea to let him handle the orders and in case you might join his own group guys in order to combine the shipping and save some costs. However, you will always have the choice of hubs if telling me in advance. Or I am willing to listen any suggestions and recommendation on Asian hubs. If the group buy orders there are over 20, the hub could be set up.
I hope this will answer some of your questions.

I didn't know there was a list of hubs in each group buy. I never seem to be able to find anything related to that until the end.

Going forward, if there is not a hub in China or anything, I would be willing to work as a hub for Asia, Australia, etc. I'm sure some mod on here can investigate me and allow me to participate in helping with group buys even if I can't actually host any due to the typical JP steelbook limit restrictions.

Blufans is not setting up for the international shipping yet or at least for a single order. Otherwise, there will be no needs for the group buys or the work of the hub. In most Blufans group buys, Asian and Oceanic orders are quite small. Even I group their orders under the US/Canada, UK hub, it will still be a long way to home. And John aka Masterblaster is hosting many great EU group buys at HDN, I thought it might be a good idea to let him handle the orders and in case you might join his own group guys in order to combine the shipping and save some costs. However, you will always have the choice of hubs if telling me in advance. Or I am willing to listen any suggestions and recommendation on Asian hubs. If the group buy orders there are over 20, the hub could be set up.
I hope this will answer some of your questions.

If there is a possibility of setting up a hub for Australia/Asia I would put my hand up. In this group buy I see 10 for Australia, and 18 for Asia. Total 28. When I looked at this and other group buys I really didn't know how the hubs were set up but seeing the steel books travel like a boomerang made me think "why do they travel around the world and then travel back". It's not a criticism, it's trying to understand the logistics. Australia is customs friendly and this could be an added factor.

Reactions: WKRP and taher
After getting my copy last night and looking over it I would have to say that this is one of the best steelbooks ever produced. I say this not only because of the amazing art and great features that it has but for all the little things as well. From the small exclusive sticker on the outside polybag to the numbered slipcover (of 2000) are the features that only added to its greatness. The sticker is a huge feature that caught my eye and when you get your copy take a close look and you'll see why its so good. ;) The fact that the slip was numbered really made me feel like an exclusive memeber (just like here on HDN :scat::D) of this steel and it feels awesome.

As far as the steelbook itself, this is a flawless copy that shows the true blood, sweat and tears that the producer put into making it. The Embossing on the front is stunning all the way down to the bullet and the shattered glass effect adds to its legend. The back reads "Only One Will Survive" and this has a glossy look and great feel to it as if the producer didn't know which great style they wanted so they choose them both. The inside art couldn't have been a better pick and also is visually stunning when compared to other steels. (No fuzzy picture here) This steel might not become a Grail based on the 2000 ct. but it should be considered for the Best Looking Steel Award.

The only fault that I would say that this steel offers is the menu screen when going to watch the movie. This has nothing to do with the steel itself but it is still noteworthy to mention because I believe it is a vital part of the movie watching experience. With all things considered though I think this is a huge win for the steel community and a even bigger win for Blu Fans since it will be the attention grabber that makes for return customers and new customers via word of mouth. I joined HDN just to get this steel and I would have to say that this was DEFINITELY worth the wait and has truly lived up the hype.

:cheers: HDN for the Group Buy and :cheers: Blu Fans for releasing a 10/10 steel! :scat::thumbs::thumbs:

Hey Tobin, we're getting ready for spooky movie season-see some related threads in my signature. A little way to celebrate at the site (all 'Ninja Premium' members will appear as 'zombies' for the season). Enjoy:)

Got this today. Thanks DB. It certainly did not look like much when first announced. Then Choi Chungkwon got busy with the embossing and gush!

Happy Halloween all you zombies!!

Hi. I've been away. Is there any news on UK? I'm sooooooooooo excited!!! Lol!

Check out the UK Hub thread, Naughtius keeps on posting updates like pics and time frames etc. I think he said that because of Chinese holidays there have been or will be some delays, but he did say that there is a possibility that the most part may arrive some point this week :LOL:

Here's the link: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/38033/&page=11

Also, this was Naughtius' post in the thread:
Update:

As its Chinese holiday nothing was sent this week as everything grinds to a halt. Should get everything next week if things go well...

Left boxes are LOA 1x or 2x steels ONLY, whereas Right boxes are FO 1x or 2x steels ONLY. (hence why i could package these up)

DSC_0021-001.JPG

Once i have more info i will post it.

David

Hope that helps you buddy ;)

IMO this is pretty fast going considering the amount of steels being sent over in small quantities. Looks like we owe a lot to Kevin and our Hub hosts for organising this, which in my case is Naughtius :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator: