Fight Club (Blu-ray FuturePak) (Fox Direct Exclusive) [UK]

zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Looks like Fox Direct (UK) are going to be doing their own exclusives on Play.com. Have spotted a couple of titles, one of which is Fight Club (Fox Direct Exclusive Blu-ray Futurepak) and the other is Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (Fox Direct Exclusive Blu-ray Futurepak)

Release Date: 26th May 2014
Price: £17.99
Pre-order Link: Here
Print Run: Limited to only 500 units!!!
Group Buy: HERE <<< click

Main Artwork
image.jpg

Other Artwork
63777215_500x500_2.jpg

63777215_500x500_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Comparing it to a regular 1 disc steel, it certainly does feel a tad heavier. It's more sturdier and doesn't flex as much as steelbooks do

The paint finish is very nice though. It isn't glossy but has a smooth slick feel to it and not that dusty feel with a matte steelbook

Taking a page out of ricster's book, I've tried to take a close up between this and ID4 German steelbook to compare the paint finishes. Ricster does a better job at this so maybe he can chime in

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great, cheers for the response Rob. I recently saw and held a Batman Arkham Origins futurepak full of embossing but was unsure if these Fox titles would have the same finish / weight etc. Going by your answer I think it's safe to assume they're identical. I have this and Apes on order so can't wait to get a hold of 'em. Don't think they'll ever dominate the market but they're a damn fine alternative to the Dutch metalpaks.

Well futurepaks are the new generation metalpaks. Same company (novobox) who redesigned it and rebranded it.

I wasn't going to bother with Fight Club on BD since I still have my spiffy Region 1 DVD with cardboard style digipack but after looking at this beauty, I'm gonna have to find a cheap Bd disc to put in it lol

Got my copy today too! To say it has a matte finish, it's really smooth... I'd actually say it's almost between matte and gloss. It's much better than the matte finish on most steelbooks anyway imo. Feels very sturdy and has a nice weight to it too. Will definitely be picking up more Futurepaks in future. :D

Last edited:
UK - Fight Club

Stunning futurepak release. Looking forward to more. Looks like if we want a superb coated finish on the steels, we have to buy Futurepaks now or stick with Fox's low quality matte steelbook releases.

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

0d7fBd8.jpg

1RPL6w2.jpg

LNuLNCd.jpg

Gvz7MJk.jpg

TH8Mfym.jpg

MRKGGls.jpg

Qm71rom.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

w17y1rl.jpg

GTZzQZf.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

68D083x.jpg

DI37SuB.jpg