snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Full Metal Jacket
Price: £14.99 Live
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook with Matt Finish and Embossed Image and Title Treatment. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

10869386-1383319627-867614.jpg

10869386-1383319627-867618.jpg

10869386-1383319627-867605.jpg

10869386-1383319627-867623.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The original poster with that classic helmet image is all white, so this all black is just too weird. A bad idea doing this collection in black, and seems pretty lazy to me. I won't be buying any of them, not even if they drop to half price, I'll just stick with what I have thank you very much.

The original poster with that classic helmet image is all white, so this all black is just too weird. A bad idea doing this collection in black, and seems pretty lazy to me. I won't be buying any of them, not even if they drop to half price, I'll just stick with what I have thank you very much.

They changed the background to black when they released the Deluxe Edition DVD.

This is the one from this wave that I wanted, don't have any steel for this yet. I'm in no hurry to pick it up though. The embossed treatment is cool but the matte finish is disappointing, so will wait for a price drop before ordering this one I think.

They changed the background to black when they released the Deluxe Edition DVD.

Totally forgot about that. I never bought that edition as I already had film, but I really don't think it suits it at all. Such a great set of films and they go with all black backgrounds on them all!? They did similar with the Rambo films and they have some amazing posters the might have used. It seems really lazy, and I feel they're taking advantage of the collector's by just churning these out.

hmv released these kubrik films with the same art years ago as limited edition dvds with slip covers. its so lazy to re-use the art. its not even that good.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CLOCKWORK-ORANGE-THE-SHINING-2001-FMJ-KUBRICK-HMV-EXCLUSIVE-SLIPCASE-BUNDLE-/00/s/NjIxWDc0OA==/z/444AAOxyfSpSTKKZ/$T2eC16h,!wsE9suw0PtWBSTKKYsUUw~~60_35.JPG see

I quite like the look of these Kubrick Steels. They're quite stylish. However, black matte finishes are 99% of the time very poor/weak looking. I'd never buy these unless they were glossy (like Jack Reacher for example).