Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
March 28th, 2015:
FUTURE SHOP CLOSING ALL THE STORES:
To answer few questions:
http://links.newsletter.futureshop....MTM0MTIzOTQyNzg5S0&j=NjQzNzE3NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0

And the FAQ:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/futureshop-bestbuy-faq.aspx?cmp=vrd-bbyquestions

If you want to know if your store is still open:
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/stores/store-locator.aspx?icmp=BBYStoreLocator_en_5

For ALL Future Shop release:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/35674/
futureshop.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Future Shop Canada website.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to Canada. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluraysteel
I went to my New ''best buy'' this morning and nothing change. It still have the future shop logo everywhere. The cashier told me that in the 1 week they were close, it was because they fired every employee and hired new one ( expect cashier and admin ). i dont understand why they did this...

everything the same
XhxQNui.jpg

I went to my New ''best buy'' this morning and nothing change. It still have the future shop logo everywhere. The cashier told me that in the 1 week they were close, it was because they fired every employee and hired new one ( expect cashier and admin ). i dont understand why they did this...

everything the same
XhxQNui.jpg

Same story here at my local FS/BB.

Only change was the staff now wearing blue BB shirts instead of red FS ones. I was hoping for some sort of sale to kick off the name change, but I guess not.

One of the reasons for firing/re-hiring was so they could get rid of all the commission based positions and replace them with just hourly paid workers. Cheaper for the company. Another cost-cutting maneuver by a huge faceless company that doesn't care about its employees, only the bottom dollar.

The only thing different about the downtown Vancouver flagship store that I found today was everyone was wearing Best Buy shirts and that's it. The huge signs outside and inside and the FS exclusive stickers remained intact. Same lady behind customer services with whom I had a wonderful chat. She, like a lot of people, agreed that the reverse should've been done. That is dump the Best Buy brand and keep the Future Shop brand. Also, those who lost their jobs were the sales people. Everyone else remained the same. Also asked her about the future of steelbooks and her thoughts were that they would continue Future Shop's tradition of exclusive steelbooks such that Best Buy Canada would essentially still be Future Shop. Fingers crossed with that! :thumbs:

On top of that, I asked her what the difference was between the two companies and she said a few minor changes, but not much else. Still the same. Even their credit card system was Future Shop which made it easy to return and get immediate refunds for the items I brought back. She also said the same distribution centres will be used to ship out items, meaning, depending on the person at the warehouse, it will be a crap shoot in terms of getting steelbooks shipped in "jiffy bags" or boxes. :wtf:

BTW, the lady has been working there for quite a while so I think she's very credible in her offer of information.

Today I had tears in my eyes while visiting my favorite old Future Shop store now converted to Best Buy. All the interior renovations are almost done and now they removed the old Future Shop logo&signing on the outside...

View attachment 182994
So many priceless memories huh? :drool: We all can relate.
I don't know about you, but I'm actually hoping for a new competitor in the Bluray market since Target and FutureShop are gone.

Reactions: MerlinT
Yeah... Best Buy & Walmart are ok but the rest like HMV/Archambault/Indigo are completely worthless as their price are 1½-2x
Archambault is exclusive for you guys. And how often one visit Indigo? :p
HMV is the only other option but like you said, due to their prices they are the last resort :cautious: