Game of Thrones Season 1(Futureshop Exclusive) [CANADA]

Che

Red Viper
Premium Supporter
Sep 7, 2010
Milwaukee
*Note the editions with the slip now at FS (as of March 2013) are likely to include the 'cut' season not the original season with the infamous 'Bush mask' scenes.

ORDER HERE:

Game of Thrones Stark Exclusive

m2194391.jpg

HINT: You can always ask a friendly canadian member to help source this for you.

You're welcome GoT Fans!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the commentary missing? Can you do a screen grab?

The "Bush head" scene.

I will check the commentary, won't be until tomorrow though as I'm going to bed shortly (working tonight). The head is 100% the altered version though. I have 3 copies of season 1 on hand right now (UK, US re-release with Digital Copy and the FS Stark) and all 3 have the same altered head.

Did they drop the commentary completely for the episode or just snipped the Bush comments?

They just snipped the Bush comments made by Weiss and Benioff, commentary is still there. I also own the Targaryen Best Buy exclusive which has the Bush scene, so I know what Weiss and Benioff say in reference to the "Bush head".

Reactions: ash333
Thanks Anna-were the actual scenes with the Bush head cut out on the sets that were cut and released with the slip ? Apparently they used a mask of him in several 'beheaded' scenes, and then then got backlash so the set was re-released. I am just curious....

From an online article I just found"

'

"During the HBO hit's season one finale, a row of decapitated heads are displayed as a warning to potential traitors. In the lineup? Two deceased characters, Ned Stark and Septa Mordane, although one sticks out above the rest -- a head that looks remarkably like that of the 43rd President of the United States, George W. Bush.
PHOTOS: Winter TV preview
On the show's DVD commentary, show creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss point out the gory accessory. "People may not have noticed this but back up. . . the last head on the left is George Bush," one of the creators explains in a voiceover, adding that, "George Bush's head appears in a couple of beheading scenes."
As if to attempt to stave off any future backlash, the showrunners are quick to explain themselves. "It's not a choice. It's not a political statement," they share. "It's just . . . we had to use what heads we had lying around."'

Sorry DB if true. First and foremost this scene happens in a blink of the eye. Secondly, the sigil slips NEVER had the cut discs in them. While it may be possible I remain stubbornly skeptical. Until I have 100% proof, I will have my doubts.

Hey Che-no worries, I am not sure there was any way you could have known that. I jumped into this show late, and didn't buy Season 1, when I had the chance. So regardless, I am happy to own the Stark set-I am more curious than anything. It's not a deal breaker for me-I would have 'preferred' to own an uncut set, but it won't bring on the apocalypse for me :hilarious: :scat:

I don't get why anybody cares about the bush head thing. Seems irrelevant. Oh well

Don't ruin season three for me! I'm waiting til it comes out on blu ray. Just like season 2

Thanks Anna-were the actual scenes with the Bush head cut out on the sets that were cut and released with the slip ? Apparently they used a mask of him in several 'beheaded' scenes, and then then got backlash so the set was re-released. I am just curious....

Like SimonLDT mentioned its altered.

So its not noticeable that its the "Bush head"

I took a picture of it with my phone...

2utasaba.jpg

Reactions: digitalbabe
I don't get why anybody cares about the bush head thing. Seems irrelevant. Oh well

Don't ruin season three for me! I'm waiting til it comes out on blu ray. Just like season 2

That means that this:

"Frenchy Stark"Edition of Futureshop is nothing more than a second fiddle compare to the two Holy Grails (Bestbuy's Targaryen and Stark Blu-Ray Season 1 Sets)

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

P.S. - Can we change the cover photo of this thread (its showing Bestbuy not the Futureshop follower)