Game Of Thrones Season 3 [Best Buy Exclusive] Vote for your favorite

Which packaging should Best Buy release?

• Total voters

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Game of thrones exclusive Season 3 slip options are available. Vote for your favorite on Facebook:

Season 3 is available February 18, 2014 and Best Buy Exclusive Packaging will be back. Which packaging will reign supreme? Click "LIKE" to vote on your favorite design and it may be the Best Buy exclusive packaging for the Season 3 Blu-ray.

A6B87DBB-4CA4-4666-B6F6-EF606AFB10E8-12824-000008D1EE03AB51_zpse1ee43ff.jpg

E3C48E8F-BA7B-40E3-B91C-9977D5E00781-12824-000008D1F3B1545B_zpsf37c8e4f.jpg

1F535256-8FED-447C-B352-0C242AD1C414-12824-000008D1F8848DB5_zps051aaec7.jpg

817719B3-FCED-4F46-AC3A-E679DD0682A4-12824-000008D1FD1EEB65_zpsc7e7f707.jpg

PRE-ORDER LINKS LIVE:

HOUSE TARGARYEN = $59.99
HOUSE STARK = $59.99
HOUSE LANNISTER = $59.99
EXCLUSIVE PACKAGING = $59.99

Last edited:
I voted for option 3. Just wondering, why is there 3 separate designs? Does this mean season 3 will have 3 different slips or it is that season 1 & 2 will get released with season 3 in the 3 artworks?

I voted for option 3. Just wondering, why is there 3 separate designs? Does this mean season 3 will have 3 different slips or it is that season 1 & 2 will get released with season 3 in the 3 artworks?

Nobody knows yet but I would guess one of the following options:

• 1. Since Stark/Targaryen will win the vote, season 3 is released with these slips, causing mass outrage amongst proper fans who cannot continue their collection

• 2. Stark/Targaryen win the vote, season 1 is re-released creating greater quantities of these slips and despite a couple of nice new sigil boxes for Season 3, there is mass outrage amongst proper fans

• 3. Season 3 is released with maybe 1 new sigil slip and 1 old one, resulting in some collectors having 2 identical cases and some collectors settling for just one version of Season 3 and an unbalanced collection. All causing mass outrage amongst proper fans

The net result will be lots of proper fans with worthless S1 slips or diminished collections, many people angry at Best Buy, a few smug people that have saved some cash and about 5 people on facebook that legitimately buy a Stark/Targaryen cover because they are fans of the show.

If you hadn't guessed it's been 2 days since this news/vote started and I'm still furious :angry:

Reactions: Jb162009
Nobody knows yet but I would guess one of the following options:

• 1. Since Stark/Targaryen will win the vote, season 3 is released with these slips, causing mass outrage amongst proper fans who cannot continue their collection

• 2. Stark/Targaryen win the vote, season 1 is re-released creating greater quantities of these slips and despite a couple of nice new sigil boxes for Season 3, there is mass outrage amongst proper fans

• 3. Season 3 is released with maybe 1 new sigil slip and 1 old one, resulting in some collectors having 2 identical cases and some collectors settling for just one version of Season 3 and an unbalanced collection. All causing mass outrage amongst proper fans

The net result will be lots of proper fans with worthless S1 slips or diminished collections, many people angry at Best Buy, a few smug people that have saved some cash and about 5 people on facebook that legitimately buy a Stark/Targaryen cover because they are fans of the show.

If you hadn't guessed it's been 2 days since this news/vote started and I'm still furious :angry:

FYI wouldn't proper fans not mind if there rereleased season 1 slips, as proper fans would be buying the slips for the design not value.

Also why would people be smug about it what because they couldn't afford both slips at the time there are no longer "proper fans".

Your use of the word proper fans has really rustled my jimmies, are you saying proper fans are people who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on slips, being sold by proper fans who brought two from BB and are selling them at a huge mark up price, as opposed to the people who could afford say one slip a season.

Surely the proper fans would be the people who just enjoy the show, read the books and just love the realm that is Westeros.

P.S. I have all 4 covers yet if people who have either just got into it, want to be able to get these covers, then who am I to disagree as long as the show is still great and the blu ray version is great, Then i'm happy the Slips are an added bonus.

(Also I know Futurshop still has them but some people can't get them to where they live)

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

From the wording these deigns will be just for Season 3 not one or two.

Reactions: Jb162009
(Also I know Futurshop still has them but some people can't get them to where they live)the wording these deigns will be just for Season 3 not one or two.

FUTURESHOP NEVER SOLD S1 TARGARYEN BLU RAY!!! ONLY DVD!!!! I HAVE SAID THIS TOO MANY TIMES!

Not to mention their season 1 Stark set is censored version. Here is the issue. Season 1 fans were given many choices from many different retailers. Some chose to buy @ Target & Walmart for the bonus disc. Others chose to buy from Best Buy for the Sigil covers. We had a choice of two covers. Some chose one and others bought both, not knowing how rare and limited they were. Best Buy then decided to do the same thing for season two. Two choices. The people that have been buying the seasons on bluray had choices of retailer exclusives. The Best Buy sigil fans chose Best Buy for a very specific reason, we want a wide variety of sigil sets. Now we are being given the EXACT SAME choice we had previously because people on facebook want it that way? That is punishing the people who originally chose to buy Best Buy exclusives. We will most likely never see a Tully slipcover from Best Buy because of this voting. Why would anyone who has purchased these want the same choice again? Reprints are a terrible idea. POINT BLANK PERIOD. I think most of us on the board agree about steelbook reprints being terrible for the steelbook hobby and the fans of those respective films. Best Buy has alienated it's Game of Thrones customer base. We want new sigil slipcovers, not reprints. Why is that so hard for others to understand? This is a terrible idea!!! TERRIBLE!!!!!!:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GVZER
Ok, the thing is, new fans don't realize they are hurting themselves. If they do not release new sigils, that's it, not nada, we don't get that design. As in if they were released, there is a possibility to find the old ones on ebay, even if they are expensive. It really makes no sense, we have the opportunity to have a complete varied set, and people are just choosing something already released, and ruining what was a good thing, its stepping back, not forward. It's like Play saying hey instead of releasing an Iron Man 3 steelbook, we're just releasing an iron man 2 steelbook cause many people didn't get it, but in this case, where's Iron Man 3? No where, we're not releasing it now. I don't understand why they even gave that choice to begin with. I am very frustrated with this and don't know how to voice my opinion where it counts.

Reactions: Che
It's just another case of people caring more about themselves than others.

It's only fair if it's something that they passed on; I'm sure quite a few of the people arguing for the re release would feel completely different if they had the first season exclusive slips.

Nature of the beast. Of course there's more game of thrones fans without the season 1 slips than with, just based on numbers (GoT fan base being extremely huge and the season 1 slips being limited). So of course people just want what other people have, regardless of how it effects the others. Of course this is ignoring the thousands of Facebook people who don't even know what they're really voting for. That's a different issue all together.

Anyway, this thread is gonna be chalk full with arguments. We have a long time to release haha

Should be a blast!!! :D

FYI wouldn't proper fans not mind if there rereleased season 1 slips, as proper fans would be buying the slips for the design not value.

Also why would people be smug about it what because they couldn't afford both slips at the time there are no longer "proper fans".

Your use of the word proper fans has really rustled my jimmies, are you saying proper fans are people who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on slips, being sold by proper fans who brought two from BB and are selling them at a huge mark up price, as opposed to the people who could afford say one slip a season.

Don't let the words "proper fans" rustle your jimmies too much, it was said tongue in cheek. A proper fan of the show can be anything you want it to be, but I guarantee most of those people on the Facebook page aren't proper fans of collecting Blu Rays (and have probably never watched more than 2-3 episodes).

Surely you don't believe that any collector that has purchased all 4 slips so far, would really be happy with a re-release of the Stark/Targaryen covers? It would set such a dangerous precedent. People on these boards buy things for numerous reasons but one of the reasons we all buy limited stuff is because it is just that; limited. If companies start coming along and re-releasing out of print slips, steels or whatever AFTER they have told us that our original purchases will be rare then that just destroys the whole point of collecting rare stuff. And yes I am sure there are many people that missed out the first time around, myself included. So I went without steels for a couple of months, sold some old movies that I didn't want and then bought the Targaryen cover when I could afford it (violins anyone? - that's another joke by the way)

Don't be bitter about the people that made a profit on these either, very few people bought the original season one covers to sell, because the show wasn't even that popular then. Many more scalpers bought the season 2 ones but they made hardly any profit on them, because people had cottoned on by the time season 2 came out.

welp looks like us collectors are getting F***** by Best Buy yet again since the Stark/Targaryen/Lannister slips are winning by a landslide of 11,000+ votes and the stanis/tully/tyrell slips only have a little over 4,000.

Last edited:
Don't let the words "proper fans" rustle your jimmies too much, it was said tongue in cheek. A proper fan of the show can be anything you want it to be, but I guarantee most of those people on the Facebook page aren't proper fans of collecting Blu Rays (and have probably never watched more than 2-3 episodes).

Surely you don't believe that any collector that has purchased all 4 slips so far, would really be happy with a re-release of the Stark/Targaryen covers? It would set such a dangerous precedent. People on these boards buy things for numerous reasons but one of the reasons we all buy limited stuff is because it is just that; limited. If companies start coming along and re-releasing out of print slips, steels or whatever AFTER they have told us that our original purchases will be rare then that just destroys the whole point of collecting rare stuff. And yes I am sure there are many people that missed out the first time around, myself included. So I went without steels for a couple of months, sold some old movies that I didn't want and then bought the Targaryen cover when I could afford it (violins anyone? - that's another joke by the way)

Don't be bitter about the people that made a profit on these either, very few people bought the original season one covers to sell, because the show wasn't even that popular then. Many more scalpers bought the season 2 ones but they made hardly any profit on them, because people had cottoned on by the time season 2 came out.

Okay sorry for sounding like a tit, Lets just say yesterday was one of those days.;)

I just get annoyed when people blame the fans, when BB have handled this all wrong from the start.

I can understand why they would want to make money but why not release The stark etc. covers as the season they were meant to be. Yes some collectors will be pissed, as they spent an arm and a leg to get it (Me included). But if it meant the new covers would be released than it would be all good in my books.

But that is business nothing is truly limited anymore as they will change things ever so slightly to make it different, and there always a risk things would be rereleased, It unfortunately the way companies can screw the consumer ever more.

But I will say it stupid to have the Faces in the poll altogether as it has nothing to do with the original releases what so ever.

Yes I will be annoyed if no new covers are released, but the fans should not be blamed, it the company that gave them the choice.

Main concern is the wording Exclusive packing.
(Also BB did this because they knew the public would choose Stark)

Again sorry for sounding a bit sharp with you. Tis was a long day.:thumbs:

ok so i dont get it are the just rereleasing season 1 slips and releasing the season 3 slips or
are they gonna release season 3 with the stark/targaryen slips again because the latter is beyond dumb

According to the GOT Facebook page CDON.com are also releasing "one of the winning Game of Thrones Season 3 Exclusive Packaging box sets in the Nordics!"

I'm not sure if this will be exactly the same as the Best Buy release, but that seems likely.

The Facebook vote is now over, with litle change over the last week or so. The Stark/Targaryen/Lannister re-release won with 11k votes, Tyrell/Stannis/Tully came second with 5.3k votes and the face designs were third with 3.8k votes.

:rolleyes:

lol, they really voted for a re-release !? epic fail ><

stannis baratheon version looked awesome

House Baratheon/Tyrell/Stannis/Tully would be great, even Tyrion, Jon Snow & Daenerys faces packaging looks awesome. Well, have to wait for season 4 I guess.