Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 526
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
Dang, I really need to brush up on my GoT history (need more time to re-watch the entire series...)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/last-night-game-thrones-episode-150100546.html
"The irony here is that the reason Theon came to Winterfell, and the reason the White Walkers are coming to Winterfell is actually one and the same: both have come back, because of what Theon did in season two, when he took this sacred castle from the family sworn to protect it. "

"But as the story of Jenny from Oldstones and Duncan Targaryen go, it was all for naught as Duncan died tragically in an explosion, where it is thought he and other Targaryens were experimenting with wildfire in an attempt to hatch a stone dragon egg. Could this mean Jon is destined to die in a tragic explosion of wildfire?"

"As we continue discussing prophecies fulfilled, one quick note here is that Arya and Gendry finally giving in to the sexual tension does in a way fulfill a prophecy all the way back from the first episode of the series. In the crypts of Winterfell, King Robert said to Ned Stark: “I have a son. You have a daughter. We’ll join our houses.” The long anticipated Stark-Baratheon marriage may finally come to pass."

So after all the nudity through the whole run of the show I did not want to see Arya in any way disrobed.

Resurrection of the dead theorists
What is in the Crypt at Winterfell?

WOW - Best...episode...ever!!

I am in complete awe of this programme. I would run out of superlatives trying to describe what I have just watched...the tension in the opening minutes alone was like nothing I have seen on TV before and the last segment...simply breathtaking! Agree about the music too - very emotive

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
That was insane! Edge of my seat the whole time!
It was maybe a little dark and chaotic but I get that was a choice so you would really feel it.

I'm honestly a little shocked more characters didn't die. But man, what an episode! Where do we even go from here? haha

Inside the episode:

• Thanks
That was such a gripping episode. Easily the most intense, epic episode of television that I've ever seen in my life. A lot less characters died than I was expecting, but I'm okay with that. Jon and Dany kicked ass on the dragons, but how about the episode's real MVP?!

Arya_stark_s7.jpg

Got the Night King with the pointy end! :OMG::D

Where do we even go from here? haha

Inside the episode:

Where to go? Well, there's an evil b*tch hanging out at King's Landing that still needs to be visited by the Targaryens and Starks. :naughty:

I didn't have a problem with it. I dimmed my lights and shut the curtains and I was able to see. There's been a LOT of shows and movies in history that have been hard to make out in dark scenes... especially in a lit room. It just so happens that the whole episode takes place at night. Sorry to hear that you had trouble watching it.

Reactions: ash333
Holy s***balls... that episode made Battle of the Bastards look like a damn fairy tale. Such a crazy good episode! It puts shows like The Walking Dead to shame IMO.

P.S. @AcIDc0r3
We were right about the Night King "reviving" the dead on the battlefield. ;)

Anybody else find this near impossible to make out what the hell was going on? Why so dark?

Very disappointing.
I didn't have a problem with it. I dimmed my lights and shut the curtains and I was able to see. There's been a LOT of shows and movies in history that have been hard to make out in dark scenes... especially in a lit room. It just so happens that the whole episode takes place at night. Sorry to hear that you had trouble watching it.
That was one thing I learned a while ago with GoT... it's always best to watch it in complete darkness, since the darker scenes are impossible to make out otherwise.

• Thanks
I watched it in complete darkness and its still impossible to tell who's who in key scenes.

I've never had a problem with GOT dark scenes until this final season. It looks like they've decided to shoot them differently or have a new DOP (probably that same idiot that did Solo!!) :p

I mean the scenes in the crypt and with Arya in the library (I think) were just ridiculously bad!

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17
I watched it in complete darkness and its still impossible to tell who's who in key scenes.

I've never had a problem with GOT dark scenes until this final season. It looks like they've decided to shoot them differently or have a new DOP (probably that same idiot that did Solo!!) :p

I mean the scenes in the crypt and with Arya in the library (I think) were just ridiculously bad!

Really, eh? For me, I found those two scenes some of the easiest to see. The outdoor stuff was a lot darker. Did you adjust the brightness on your TV?

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17