GB in Germany

nope, never been across the pond. am definitely looking forward to it tho. Me and a buddy are going for the concert and we'll drag our significant others with us to do some sight-seeing while we're there. gonna do two weeks in Germany and Switzerland.

Re: Blu-Clan Get Together 2011 Contract

nope, never been across the pond. am definitely looking forward to it tho. Me and a buddy are going for the concert and we'll drag our significant others with us to do some sight-seeing while we're there. gonna do two weeks in Germany and Switzerland.

Germany is the best!!!

Another fun thing we ran into was a store called Vom Fass, which apparently translates into "from the cask". It was a great store where you go in, pick out a bottle, and then you pick out what you want to fill the bottle with. They had wine and hard alcohol. I left with a 250ml bottle of 40 year old cognac for about $10.

Another fun thing we ran into was a store called Vom Fass, which apparently translates into "from the cask". It was a great store where you go in, pick out a bottle, and then you pick out what you want to fill the bottle with. They had wine and hard alcohol. I left with a 250ml bottle of 40 year old cognac for about $10.

if you're gonna share information like this you need to include the location. hahaha. sounds fun.

if you're gonna share information like this you need to include the location. hahaha. sounds fun.

The one I went to was in Bamberg, Germany. Another thing, a lot of the towns in Germany have a particular style of beer that they are famous for and Bamberg is famous for Rauchbeir, aka smoke beer. The one I had was the Aecht Schlenkerla Marzen Rauchbier. We all called it bacon beer because it tasted like you were drinking bacon. :scat:

Looks like Wacken is up near Denmark. Bamberg is down near Switzerland. They are about 5 to 6 hours apart. There's a ton of great scenery in between.

Didn't you say that you were also going to Switzerland?

I'm going to move most of the Germany talk out of the Get together thread since we kinda hijacked it. :hilarious: We are getting good at that GB.

Last edited:
yes we are, haha. thanks for the new thread. Ya we are planning on covering Germany and Switzerland for sure. dunno if we'd have enough time for anything else since the Wacken Festival takes up 3 days of our 2 weeks there. I need some info on travelling. SHould I rent a car or just travel by train? If we're gonna travel by trrain I thought it might be cool to travel by boat as well down the Rhine River. I see there are multi-night cruises but is there transportation on the Rhine that can get you from one village to the next like a train would?

I'm not sure. When we were there we were crusing around Germany in a charter bus. It was kinda cool when the bus drive offered to sell us beer and champagne to drink while he was driving. Just about any town over there has an incredible history and beautiful buildings, so you almost can't go wrong with that. They are also big into public transportation, so you could probably do the train option as well. I would have liked to take the train to Berchtesgaden, which is the home of the Kehlsteinhaus or the Eagle's Nest. That area was a vacation home location for a number of the high ranking Nazi officers, including Hitler, and it was captured by a number of Allied forces, but MAJ Winters with the 101st AB was one of the first there.

Good. If Diva and I were going on a trip like this, we'd be hitting a lot of WWII historical sites for me and the scientific places, like CERN in Switzerland, for both of us...with a good German beer or two along the way.

ya, i've been looking for a map of the ropute the "band of borhters" guys would have taken thru Germany but i can't seem to find one. if you have a link for something like that send it on to me.