Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #127) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 2, 2017 (Standard) - April 1, 2020 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 899 CZK (Standard) - 1799 CZK (FAC)
Notes: Matte - debossed on front and back. FAC limited to 501 numbered copies.

E49D150C-6E3E-4CCA-A74E-F125F0DB6D93.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 16.49.13.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As I say even long term members can make mistakes, there was no need to turn your sympathy around into something dickish just because I've been around the forum for a few years. Anyway, it's not even that big a deal, so let's move on with a bit of humour...

a1549b8621e83854cda79881ca75a953627840db5ab3cf8c2bd2caa29bac5e7c.jpg

,omg, - I publicly withdraw my apology //

May I ask a MOD, to delete this interaction and show me where the "ignore" button is?

,omg, - I publicly withdraw my apology //

May I ask a MOD, to delete this interaction and show me where the "ignore" button is?

WTF?! What have I done? Is this a joke? I honestly don't even know any more... :dunno:

@Apollon Sorry, yeah moving along. I thought some humour would defuse the situation, but clearly not...

Back on topic, how long does it normally take for the FAC details to emerge? I'm toying with the idea of selling my FA Standard steel and getting the 3D amaray for now, but if the FAC is imminent then I suppose it'd be better to wait.

This is a complete blind buy for me anyway as I haven't seen the film or the original, but I'm quietly confident it'll be my sort of thing :)

The purchase link in the OP was - as is usual for all FAC threads here (and as @paulboland pointed out) - for the standard edition. Also, the low price as well as the not-yet-gone-live GB (as @Actarus mentioned) should have indicated this as well.:thumbs:
Excuse my ignorance but what do you guys mean with the "standard edition"?
This version is probably the one that ChrisIW is talking about and the title clearly says "Limited Collector's Edition". I wouldn't call it "a low price" either at 899 CZK. That's what a lot of the FAC numbered steels cost!

This version is probably the one that ChrisIW is talking about and the title clearly says "Limited Collector's Edition". I wouldn't call it "a low price" either at 899 CZK. That's what a lot of the FAC numbered steels cost!
"Limited Collectors Edition" is just the standard steelbook. That is typical across many different retailers. The FAC will have NUMBERED at the very least in the title and be more costly for sure since its 4k/3d/2d (3 discs).

"Standard edition" (as it's generally used on this forum) usually means just the steelbook edition with no extras. FilmArena sells a ton of steels outside of their FAC series, which are the ones that come with slips and various other goodies.

The standard price of a FAC release has been steadily climbing over the last 18 months or so. Single edition FAC pricing has risen to 899-1099 CZK, depending on the inclusion of 3D discs, lentis, extras, etc. The reason you've seen people refer to 899 CZK as being cheap for the standard edition (despite the lack of extras) is due to that release's inclusion of the BD, 3D, and 4K discs.

It's pretty easy to see how someone could get it mixed up--especially if they've been out of the loop. :thumbs:

EDIT: What @howarmat just said, but wordier. :LOL:

anyone know if the FAC link is correct - JUST a lenti magnet?
usually they do fullslip lenti's right? or some kind of slipped lenti...not just a magnet.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that got confused :rofl:. To be fair to me the FAC link originally went straight to the standard edition - so in my haste/stupidity I bought it without checking. Yeah the high(ish) price also convinced me I was buying the right version. Oops.

Anway, as others have said if you're willing to wait a while and pay more you get a nicer FAC version with a slip and other extras inside. If you're not interested in 4K or other extras you may be better off getting the 3D Zavvi version which is cheaper because it doesn't include the 4K disc or other the other extras I mentioned.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nisei
Anway, as others have said if you're willing to wait a while and pay more you get a nicer FAC version with a slip and other extras inside.
If you're not interested in 4K or other extras you may be better off getting the 3D Zavvi version which is cheaper because it doesn't include the 4K disc or other the other extras I mentioned.
Oh but I love the fact that it has all editions in one release. And besides that, the Zavvi version is already sold out and going for almost the same price on eBay UK so you're better off buying the 3-disc version on FA.

anyone know if the FAC link is correct - JUST a lenti magnet?
usually they do fullslip lenti's right? or some kind of slipped lenti...not just a magnet.

When they do 2 editions ''E1 will have the Lenti Magnet'' and ''E2 will have the Fullslip 3D Lenticular''
When there is only 1 edition, it is by default Fullslip + Lenti Magnet

Reactions: yeslek