Gladiator (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: November 23, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €18.91

914P+yL8b-L._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not one of those who is bothered about another pressing as the HDZeta one is the Premium release, period :thumbs:

That's exactly what I think. There's nothing wrong with a reprint as long as it's not the same from the same company.

And reprints from different countries are usually of lesser quality or design.
One release comes to mind: The Prestige UK Steelbook has a nice gloss finish with embossing compared to the amazons cheap flat matte release. Basically the same steelbook but with vast differences (most likely to keep the production cost down and offer it at a lower price).

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Why do I have a feeling these are the 'faulty' Hdzeta steelbooks that easily scratched, bulk sold to Amazon italy and now have had a J card thrown on them and being shifted ???

Do all hdzeta Gladiators have this issue or was it just a bad few?

No, they manufactured the complete print run if I remember correctly, discovered the fault and then re-made them all. There was a massive delay in the initial release so as a good will gesture to all those that pre-ordered they gave a empty "faulty" tin for free.

So I was saying, I bet Amazon italy bought up the faulty steels and slapped a J card on it and now they're selling it. That would explain why it's identical to HDZetas WEA release, I could obviously be completely wrong though ....

No, they manufactured the complete print run if I remember correctly, discovered the fault and then re-made them all. There was a massive delay in the initial release so as a good will gesture to all those that pre-ordered they gave a empty "faulty" tin for free.

So I was saying, I bet Amazon italy bought up the faulty steels and slapped a J card on it and now they're selling it. That would explain why it's identical to HDZetas WEA release, I could obviously be completely wrong though ....

Anything is possible. Now the question is, who's going to sacrifice one steelbook and fingernail it :D

I love the 'conspiracy theory' idea that amazon bought up old HD Zeta steelbooks, but if they did then why is the amazon steelbook only a single disc version? Don't tell me, they hired someone to take apart every steelbook just to make a single disc steelbook, including removing and re-sticking the spines.

I love the 'conspiracy theory' idea that amazon bought up old HD Zeta steelbooks, but if they did then why is the amazon steelbook only a single disc version? Don't tell me, they hired someone to take apart every steelbook just to make a single disc steelbook, including removing and re-sticking the spines.

You know, we live in a strange world with even stranger people, so I'd say anything is possible :D

All joking aside. I've worked in Cinram before, many years ago and we actually transferred the Alien bluray discs from an older boxset in to new packaging which were then sealed and sold on.

So it's possible !