Gladiator (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: November 23, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €18.91

914P+yL8b-L._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi did How to Train your Dragon which copied the HDzeta exclusive.

Thanks. I had fogotten that one.

Thin evidence I know, but it leads one to believe that HDz are only actually getting first dibs on some titles/artwork and then they filter down the line.
Amazon Italy being pretty much the perfect outlet as they have had their fair share of sassy exclusives in the past.

I just wish Amazon.it had better packaging for their steelbooks. Even if I order 6 steelbooks at once, they ship all six in a thin cardboard mailer and they all show up dented (n)

Everytime. Without fail. Best thing to do is order 10 steelbooks so they ship it in a box and return 9. Sometimes you have to abuse the system to get what you want.

Kinda obvious how more popular Steelbooks have become and this is the last atempt to sell the same movies for a higher price, next "generation" will most likely be all digital

Re-releases are making it less collectible for long term collectors. If this is going to be exactly the same Steelbook as HDZeta I expect the value of HDZeta to drop.even further.

Already many Asian Steels except for a handful are plummeting in value and the last thing we need are re-releaes. No one with a sane mind would want heir collection to become worthless down the line.

• Thanks
Reactions: DJ IXS and snooloui
Re-releases are making it less collectible for long term collectors. If this is going to be exactly the same Steelbook as HDZeta I expect the value of HDZeta to drop.even further.

Already many Asian Steels except for a handful are plummeting in value and the last thing we need are re-releaes. No one with a sane mind would want heir collection to become worthless down the line.

So that makes me insane because I'm collecting steelbooks purely for the films and extras themselves. Steelbook packaging is just a bonus and looks prettier than amaray cases.
And if they become worthless on the market, I wouldn't mind. I'd still enjoy them as any true collector would.

So that makes me insane because I'm collecting steelbooks purely for the films and extras themselves. Steelbook packaging is just a bonus and looks prettier than amaray cases.
And if they become worthless on the market, I wouldn't mind. I'd still enjoy them as any true collector would.

No because I doubt that you want your collection to become worthless which is what @lgans316 clearly said.

• Thanks
Reactions: metal hunter
No because I doubt that you want your collection to become worthless which is what @lgans316 clearly said.

Exactly and to those you keep saying I don't care if it becomes worthless, you must either be super rich or xxx of your xxxx. Steelbook collecting is an addiction and an expensive hobby. Funds don't come out of thin air or fall from the tree. You sell some spares or old ones you are not interested in and use that to fund future purchases. A vast majority of us want them to remain a collectible. A collectible is no longer a collectible if it has less or no value. FACT. :)

I am hoping they make the re-releases crappy like they did with the other ones. HTTYD had a printed back so that was at least one good thing they did to help keep the HDzeta one the better of the two. Now one thing we know is they wont be copying any of the slips or the boxset for Gladiator.

I won't mind if this turns out to be exact same steelbook as in exact same with embossing
I have the HDzeta release
If HDzeta price ends up plummeting in value due to a re release that's lot cheaper it don't affect me as I did not purchase the HDzeta version for resale nor does it affect me with any of my other steelbooks in my collection if a re release happens

Customers who missed out on getting the HDzeta release will be able to get a nice steelbook but won't have to pay crazy re seller prices.

If may shock some but a lot of collectors purchase a release to open and enjoy and don't look at a release in terms of it's re sale value or it's perceived future value which is often hyped for purpose of re sellers to keep price high
The value is what they paid and having a nice release in their collection be it cost £50 or £9
It's a film in nice packaging that most times is better than a plastic amaray case

Re-releases only really affect re sellers not collectors as existing collectors and new collectors who missed a previous release get to purchase at a decent price it might annoy some collectors who purchase a previous release at dearer price and later see available cheaper but that's life lot of products get re released at a cheaper price eventually.

Supply and demand if a film studio knows a re release will sell they be mad not to do so especially if the film is very popular

Last edited:

Exactly and to those you keep saying I don't care if it becomes worthless, you must either be super rich or xxx of your xxxx. Steelbook collecting is an addiction and an expensive hobby. Funds don't come out of thin air or fall from the tree. You sell some spares or old ones you are not interested in and use that to fund future purchases. A vast majority of us want them to remain a collectible. A collectible is no longer a collectible if it has less or no value. FACT. :)

I really don't care if they become worthless. If they do I'd buy all of those steelbooks that now have insanely high prices.
And I'm not super rich I just have enough for collecting them.

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
for the price i dont think it will be the same as HDZETA......
It might be the exact same or might not be but will still be a nice looking steelbook at a nice price

It don't have a lenti slip or Fullslip with booklet or artcards so it won't be the same in that regard.

It might not have the embossing
If it turns out to be the same finish and embossed it's great for those that missed out on the Hdzeta release or for those that did not want to pay the lot higher price

Reactions: gaeljet