Attachments

• 10917495-1392400616-244024.jpg
    10917495-1392400616-244024.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 296
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else get a standard Blu Ray in their steelbook? Mine is the 2009 edition - and does not state "Mastered in 4K"!!! Time to contact Zavvi!

my disc is the same as that aswell

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

just emailed zavvi about the disc see what they say,i dont want to send steelbook back as it is mint and i could get a ****** copy back:(

Reactions: satanclaus
Wow. Not really Zavvi's fault this though is it?

Yeah, Blusteel is right. You might end up getting in touch with the studio that put it out.

I had a similar issue where I got the collector set of Friday the 13th and it had two disc 5s but no disc 6. Best Buy would swap it out (the whole set), but then I risked the same error with the swap. Ended up having to get in touch with WB and they got me the right disc.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I also have the wrong disc in my Godzilla Steelbook

Just to remind you on who's responsible its Zavvi as they are who the sale of contract is with

Looks like lot of people having this problem

It is Zavvi responsibility under the sale of goods act
If you receive the wrong product as advertised and this includes any content its not your requirement to contact Sony that's Zavvi responsibility and to arrange replacement

Zavvi is a Retailer and its them who you deal with not Sony as I and others have a sale of contract with Zavvi not Sony

AFAIK zavvi should be required to send out a replacement disc for each and every steelbook bought on their site. I should not have to open it to find out if it is good or bad. These are collectables and are always worth more sealed than opened.

If Kimchi can do it so can zavvi.

This is what is inside wrong disc
Edit Disc is ok its mastered in 4K version

10269427_10203519200321200_9175936132473914154_n.jpg

Edit
This is mastered in 4K
Disc artwork is what has caused confusion
Same disc artwork of the 2009 disc including same catalogue number
The 2009 standard Blu-ray Disc had extras

The Steelbook Disc content is the 4K version
Tested and confirmed
No extras on the Disc and is correct as 4K version does not have any extras

Last edited:
Reactions: SpecialKay
The fault lies in with whoever sent those discs to the place they are put inside the case. They are responsible for sending zavvi 1 disc for each and every steelbook they sell so they can include in in future and past orders.

Just arrived, and i got the wrong disc too.... Was looking forward to watching this.... but now im sorely dissapointed.

98924EB7-2938-49FA-B31D-79E3DE7A61DA_zpsnuxparaf.jpg

Last edited:
I have contacted Zavvi by Facebook and through Zavvi Website showing them the difference between the discs
As soon as I hear back from them I will let you know what they will be doing

Note this is description of goods for sale not matching content provided
Item sold not as described
Under sales of goods act product sold must be as expected and described by the shop
Its Zavvi responsibility to fix this by contacting Sony to arrange replacement and correct discs

Last edited:
i think its a mess up on sonys end, they advertised it as 4K on the sleeve when i think all along it was just the normal 1080p master.

not too bothered but would prefer the 4K disc.

This is what is inside wrong disc

10269427_10203519200321200_9175936132473914154_n.jpg

This one shows Correct Disc

imagejpg3_zpsf745ae3a.jpg

on that mastered in 4K disc it says PG13, is that not a US Rating?

Last edited:
i think its a mess up on sonys end, they advertised it as 4K on the sleeve when i think all along it was just the normal 1080p master.

not too bothered but would prefer the 4K disc.

Yes its sony's mistake but customers contract of sale is with zavvi not with sony
Some of the Steelbooks have the correct 4K disc the Discs have 4K written on them
The wrong discs don't

Sony can arrange replacements but its up to Zavvi to arrange this on behalf of the customer

Haha, another blunder. Whether it's Zavvi's fault or not, the product was still purchased from them. Might be sore luck but they're gonna have a lot of upset customers.

I'll check my disc when I get home.

Ok this is very strange
I just tested the disc
It came up x.v.colour signal
that's means its 4K Disc

Also no extras on the Disc which means its not the 2009 disc

They have printed the wrong artwork on the disc but its the Mastered in 4K Disc in reality

This will confuse lot of customers
Easy way to check 4K Disc has no extras

Last edited:
Ok this is very strange
I just tested the disc
It came up x.v.colour signal
that's means its 4K Disc

Also no extras on the Disc which means its not the 2009 disc

They have printed the wrong artwork on the disc but its the Mastered in 4K Disc in reality

This will confuse lot of customers
Easy way to check 4K Disc has no extras

hmmm odd. ill check mine when im home.

Reactions: goufcustom