Godzilla (2014) (Blu-ray FuturePak) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 16, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon - Target - Best Buy
Price: $29.99 (Amazon - Target) - $42.99 (Best Buy)

image.jpg

About Best Buy listing:
If you haven't confirmed it yet. I talked with BB USA and Scanavo. There is no Godzilla SteelBook anywhere in USA. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
One. Single. Word:
SPINE

The Futurpak/MetalPak/(insert-name-Pak) will do a great looking spine, SteelBook will have to fear them!
IronPack and VMB were incredibly well done (art... finish...) but their patent was too similar to SteelBook.. and they are gone...

And there lies the rub. At least from a layman's point of view, there's only so many ways to format the spine of a metal case--and the most aesthetic is patent-protected. It just seems--especially if this 'light and sound' comes into actual production--that there are more pros that would outweigh that one single con (albeit a big con, since lots of collectors just have the spine on display).

We're probably about to derail the thread if we go any further. I'll just say again that I'm really excited to see what comes with this release. It seems like most of the Futurepaks so far have been catalog titles that I don't want to double dip on, or new releases I have no interest in. This is one of the first Futurepaks for a title that I definitely want to own, so I'll keep my eye on this.

This could be cool if there is some kind of roaring sound when you open it up. If it has it I will definatly be picking it up!:D

One. Single. Word:
SPINE

The Futurpak/MetalPak/(insert-name-Pak) will do a great looking spine, SteelBook will have to fear them!
IronPack and VMB were incredibly well done (art... finish...) but their patent was too similar to SteelBook.. and they are gone...

I'm getting into futurepaks big time. I got all the x-men target wave and I'm very impressed with them, Steelbooks are feeling more and more like paperbooks these days with the thin metal they use.

Last edited:
I'm getting into futurepaks big time. I got all the x-men target wave and I'm very impressed with them, Steelbooks are feeling more and more like paperbooks these days with the thin metal they use.

Same here. I used to hate the spines, but I'm warming up to them because the quality of everything else is phenomenal!

Man, I needed to catch up on this Godzilla thread! This thing is gonna ROAR?!?! YES!!!!!! :LOL::scat:

Godzilla My favourite movie this is day 1 for me

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

wait they said Godzilla will have the bluray combo and his roar ?? so whenu open it i wanna hear roarrrrrrrrrrrrr

Godzilla My favourite movie this is day 1 for me

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

wait they said Godzilla will have the bluray combo and his roar ?? so whenu open it i wanna hear roarrrrrrrrrrrrr

Think more like a push button similar to the DVD O-Sleeves with sound and less sound when you open like a card.

@Maccadinho25 created a very interesting thread about FuturePaks! EEK! ;) "Light and Sound Futurepaks?!

I have reason to believe the upcoming Godzilla (2014) FuturePak from Amazon will be one of them! :thumbs:

amazon_details-png.73843

It would be fu**ing EPIC to hear the Roar every time you open the case or remove the disc!

Hey NINJAS! Looks like we have our 1st look at the FuturePak!!! EEK! :thumbs:
Godzilla_FuturePak.PNG

That's FU**ING Awesome!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

I don't own any futurepaks yet, what's the quality on them like, ad this title has got my eye

Thicker metal than steelbooks and have a good weight to them - all can have much more complex embossing without borders etc

Reckon ill keep this order! £25 delivered is more than id usually like to spend but if it looks awesome who cares!

Reactions: zues
I don't own any futurepaks yet, what's the quality on them like, ad this title has got my eye
Back when they were called MetalPaks, they were pretty cheap quality usually. However, now that they are re-branded FuturePak, they seem to be better. I have only seen two opened in-hand (Star Trek Wal-Mart exclusive and Rise of the Planet of the Apes Target exclusive) but both have been much higher quality. Very heavy, more scratch-resistant (although not foolproof in this respect). I expect this title will be very well done and high quality. I will be getting this.