Gravity - In Theaters October 4, 2013

May 11, 2010

Attachments

• Gravity.jpg
    Gravity.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:
I love the director's work, especially Children of Men. I can't wait for this I'm sure it will be a great cinematic and artistic experience, even if the film itself isn't that good.
But I hope for the best of course! :D

I saw the trailer for this today in front of Pacific Rim. I must say that more than a minute of Sandra B. whimpering is going to kill this movie for me. The whole trailer was just that and it was a bit irritating. I even like her but geez.

I saw the trailer for this today in front of Pacific Rim. I must say that more than a minute of Sandra B. whimpering is going to kill this movie for me. The whole trailer was just that and it was a bit irritating. I even like her but geez.

Lol how is she supposed to react in that kind of a situation? :hilarious:

So this is what James Cameron had to say about the movie....

James Cameron on Gravity:

"I was stunned, absolutely floored," he says. "I think it's the best space photography ever done, I think it’s the best space film ever done, and it’s the movie I’ve been hungry to see for an awful long time."

"What is interesting is the human dimension," Cameron says. "Alfonso and Sandra working together to create an absolutely seamless portrayal of a woman fighting for her life in zero gravity."

^^^ Pretty high praise coming from JC.

For the final day of my honeymoon, my wife and I went to see this on the 3D IMAX. Let me tell you something; as obsessed as I am with Pacific Rim, Gravity is the best film I've seen this year. In fact, it is SO good that by the time the credits began to roll, I was rearranging my Favourite Films of ALL TIME list so I could fit Gravity into it. The reason why it's so amazing? It's not a film; it's an experience. You'll clench your fists and your heart will pound. The cinematography and score were astonishing, too; just artful. I'm not sure if you'll receive the same experience in 2D or on a regular-sized screen, but if you have an IMAX in your area, pay the $20 and go watch Gravity. It'll be the best $20 you spend at the movies all year long.

Oh, and there's an excellent chance that you'll never complain about your "bad day" again after you see the traumatizing s*it that Sandra Bullock and George Clooney's characters go through. :p

Last edited: