The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a title on the front. :)

The characters in front are on a slip.

Right! lol duh I knew that, thought maybe the inside art was different, I read the post wrong I guess.

Ok now by slip do you mean a little paper that fold around the steel? Or like a full slip? And does it have the title on the side if it is a full slip?

Right! lol duh I knew that, thought maybe the inside art was different, I read the post wrong I guess.

Ok now by slip do you mean a little paper that fold around the steel? Or like a full slip? And does it have the title on the side if it is a full slip?

That is no slip. Just a J-card that extends to the front.

There is a title on the front of the steelbook.

Well, Gents

The time is among us. I have a couple of steels ready at in store pick up. Hope to snag a few more in store at opening. I'm predicting that these will be very nice, but nothing amazing. Like the last US Marvel steels. It's a shame that there is no title on the spine to keep the matching set going. I'm hoping for a US re-release sometime in the future.

I also predict that there will be very few perfect copies. If you look hard, like on Thor 2 BB & Cap 2 BB, you will see random nicks, tear in yhe shrink, spine slashes, those black scuffs/ scratches that matte steels tend to get, Mis-Aligned spines aka Stupid Spine Syndrome, and the ole' POP when you press down on it lightly that I hate with a passion.
^Those are all things I try to avoid? Some more than others. It's a shame that US steels seem to be poorly manufactured most of the time, but I guess that heightens the thrill of the hunt a bit more for OCD basterds like myself.

Any, good luck to all me ninjas out there hunting for that perfect copy.
If you see a 5'8, Caucasian male in dressed in all black with w black beanie power walking towards the GOTG display, stay out of my way lol

Now wait a minute, to each their own preference. I keep my amarays with slipcovers but throw away the paper that comes with the steels:D

Same for me actually! Always throw away steelslips, but the fullslips that come with some amarays, them i keep :)

Reactions: ocielz
Were these ever available for in-store pickup? Does anyone know if they will likely be made available in the morning, like Thor: The Dark World?

I was going to ask the same question. I tried selecting in store pick up, but it doesn't give me the option!

Were these ever available for in-store pickup?

I was going to ask the same question. I tried selecting in store pick up, but it doesn't give me the option!

I ordered a few for in store pick up back around the second week of November, and received emails today stating that they would be available for pick up tomorrow.

I keep all my j cards in a box in the basement but any slip that actually wraps all the way around the steel I keep on there. Only reason I keep them in that box though is in case I ever go to sell some if somebody wanted the j card I could have that for them also. I keep all the full slips, lenticular slips, and 1/4 slips on the amarays and steels though. :)

Now wait a minute, to each their own preference. I keep my amarays with slipcovers but throw away the paper that comes with the steels:D

Same for me actually! Always throw away steelslips, but the fullslips that come with some amarays, them i keep :)