The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Gents

The time is among us. I have a couple of steels ready at in store pick up. Hope to snag a few more in store at opening. I'm predicting that these will be very nice, but nothing amazing. Like the last US Marvel steels. It's a shame that there is no title on the spine to keep the matching set going. I'm hoping for a US re-release sometime in the future.

I also predict that there will be very few perfect copies. If you look hard, like on Thor 2 BB & Cap 2 BB, you will see random nicks, tear in yhe shrink, spine slashes, those black scuffs/ scratches that matte steels tend to get, Mis-Aligned spines aka Stupid Spine Syndrome, and the ole' POP when you press down on it lightly that I hate with a passion.
^Those are all things I try to avoid? Some more than others. It's a shame that US steels seem to be poorly manufactured most of the time, but I guess that heightens the thrill of the hunt a bit more for OCD basterds like myself.

Any, good luck to all me ninjas out there hunting for that perfect copy.
If you see a 5'8, Caucasian male in dressed in all black with w black beanie power walking towards the GOTG display, stay out of my way lol
The dedication to getting this is admirable. But this may become the least rare steelbook in history. I can already feel the tilt in the Earth's axis from the Bajillion GOTG steelbooks that have been made!:joy: It's the biggest blockbuster of the year. Maybe, maybe one edition will be rare- but I ain't seeing it. Come February, eBay will be overloaded with 9.99 GOTG steels from rookie sellers who didn't understand that the market was flooded.
It's like 'The Death of Superman' comic, or Star Wars Prequel toys- people thought they where going to send their kids to college by buying up this stuff and it's not worth anything because the market was flooded.
Getting a GOTG steel is the least of my worries!;)

Last edited:
The dedication to getting this is admirable. But this may become the least rare steelbook in history. I can already feel the tilt in the Earth's axis from the Bajillion GOTG steelbooks that have been made!:joy: It's the biggest blockbuster of the year. Maybe, maybe one edition will be rare- but I ain't seeing it. Come February, eBay will be overloaded with 9.99 GOTG steels from rookie sellers who didn't understand that the market was flooded.
It's like 'The Death of Superman' comic, or Star Wars Prequel toys- people thought they where going to send their kids to college buy buying up this stuff and it's not worth anything because the market was flooded.

I know my BB said they had a very large quantity of the steels, so it might not be the rarest. That said I have one on order and I will still be going to the store in the morning and getting myself a nice copy to go with my other Marvel steelbooks. I don't think there will be a large amount on ebay only because I think that the steelbook community does know there are a lot of releases for this add to the fact that this will be on sale so I am sure lots of people will be buying this version over the amray given that they will both be $20.

Also and I sincerely mean this I really have no objection to how this steelbook looks.

US Ninjas, if you are still looking to get this, Best Buy might make some available for in-store pickup after midnight tonight.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Funny enough when I was at BB on Saturday a few people were asking about the steelbook for GotG and mentioned it was sold out online. I told them to check in the morning as the in store pickup usually comes up. For me I notice it is usually up around 8am but will check at midnight tonight in case

It's like 'The Death of Superman' comic, or Star Wars Prequel toys- people thought they where going to send their kids to college by buying up this stuff and it's not worth anything because the market was flooded.

You are absolutely right the market is saturated and these won't sky rocket in value any time soon

I dontthink these will be Highly valuble either, I'm just going to hunt for a few minty copies is all. I'm not a seller. Plus. I need 3 for my christmas giveaway.

If I wanted to make some $, I would sell these:
image.jpg

But I'm not into that, never sold a SteelBook in my life except @ cost + shipping. -my time, -my gas, -my box and bubble wrap. You do the math

Last edited:
Sorry for possibly derailing the thread - what kind of plastic bags do you keep those extra large steelbooks with the full slips in? If you could point me in the right (direct) direction that would be awesome of you. Your collection looks great. Thanks! :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
You are absolutely right the market is saturated and these won't sky rocket in value any time soon

I dontthink these will be Highly valuble either, I'm just going to hunt for a few minty copies is all. I'm not a seller. Plus. I need 3 for my christmas giveaway.

View attachment 121182
But I'm not into that, never sold a SteelBook in my life except @ cost + shipping. -my time, -my gas, -my box and bubble wrap. You do the math
I'm not a seller either. I can do the math and see how money can be made (really just 2x to 3x flips), but that's really chump change in the grand scheme of things! (There are much better ways to flip something to make a buck!) I just love the movies and love buying a product made by people who love movies for people who love movies!
That's really awesome of you to do a giveaway! The only time I buy multiple copies are for gifts- and that always makes the giftee very happy!!
Cheers to you for doing the giveaway!
image.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I have mine on pre-order and will rush to the store to pick a second copy up to actually watch. If for some reason I see these steelbooks in the best buy over the following weeks I will either return it or give it away as a xmas gift.

Sorry for possibly derailing the thread - what kind of plastic bags do you keep those extra large steelbooks with the full slips in? If you could point me in the right (direct) direction that would be awesome of you. Your collection looks great. Thanks! :)

You take a standard poly bag, split is carefully down the RIGHT side, add a few tiny strips of scotch tape and voa la

I like to keep the dust off my sealed steels so a do it that way

View attachment 121182

If you don't plan to resell, why don't you open them so you can see the beauty?

Reactions: Bluprint
If you don't plan to resell, why don't you open them so you can see the beauty?

Didn't you notice I buy steels "Noah Style" in 2's? Lmao

Most of my steels are OPENED, 200+ opened. Around 100 Sealed.
Give or take a few, I have around 350. But I keep the really "valuable" ones sealed because I collect multiples. It makes No sense to open them because I enjoy them sealed too :)

Reactions: Agent_DVD
I'm not a seller either. I can do the math and see how money can be made (really just 2x to 3x flips), but that's really chump change in the grand scheme of things! (There are much better ways to flip something to make a buck!) I just love the movies and love buying a product made by people who love movies for people who love movies!
That's really awesome of you to do a giveaway! The only time I buy multiple copies are for gifts- and that always makes the giftee very happy!!
Cheers to you for doing the giveaway!
View attachment 121202

Don't miss your chance to win this SteelBook! I will pick and announce the winner by 12/10/14 just before midnight! Still time to enter my Christmas Giveaway!

Link here:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/giveaway-christmas.54704/