The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this turns out better than the Amazing Spider-Man 2 steelbook. Looks like a Magno Case is what we'll be getting. Just trying to determine now which import steel to buy on that one. Thanks for the kick in the junk, Best Buy. :mad:

Well FutureShop is committed to bringing out better Steels and the product buyer "gets it" as he's a member of the forums. It likely wont be different, but point is in future you cant put it past FutureShop for those reasons. I know of some stuff FS is willing to do that BB isnt. ;)

Dang it, if that's the case I need to get on the ball meet a Best Buy product buyer then introduce them to this awesome site then enter them in Andy's new member challenge, win me a challenge coin and start having BB commit to these steelbooks! Profit!!! :naughty:;)

I'm also hoping with BB having Thor Dark World and Captain America, this one won't get cancelled.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Well, Best Buy owns Future Shop so it wouldn't make any sense for them to pay more to distribute two entirely different designs.

Sort of. The reason Best Buy and Future Shop often get the same products is because they offer one exclusive for us in USA and Canada to share.
It doesn't really cost us any more to distribute since the studios are in charge of shipping to our stores.

Thanks! :)

I haven't seen GotG yet (tomorrow...) But if I like it then Best Buy might be my saviour as Zavvi show 'sold out'

Any more info on this? I'd really love to see that "possible" taken out of the title.

agree completely, and here comes the but. just looked on there site for GoG and they have three versions (no steels) on there atm and all available for pre-order atm the one only saving grace is there no release date yet so may come yet, but what i don't get is why best buy drag there heels on steels.
you look at futureshop which releases same steels gives you the info you want and need up on there website straight away its not rocket science is it maybe just lazy best buy purchasers, all i can say is thankgod for zerox at least you get info from him first in the main.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/guardians-of-the-galaxy/pcmcat336500050000.c?id=pcmcat336500050000&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchterm=Guardians of the Galaxy

basil :thumbs:

I know man! Need some news asap!

agreed but unfornately as long as is doing well in the cinema we will here nothing, it usually when gets down to last couple of weeks in cinema you start to here noises and best buy on steels is really quite slow compared to FS and usually same release :rolleyes:

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: ocielz