Guardians of the Galaxy (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192347-3134340183123646.jpg

11192347-8164340183137617.jpg 11192347-1784340183165841.jpg

I believe Zavvi has (roughly) a 10 minute window like Amazon to cancel in-stock items based on one experience a while ago. I think it should be until it enters the dispatch process.

Then why don't they send items immediately?

Not quite true. I cancelled within 2 minutes of the order and they still forced it through on me citing that it was out of their control! Mine was still in the Processing Mode when I hit the cancel. The next thing I knew it was in Awaiting Stock Pick and eventually to Dispatch while the cancel was still there.

Zavvi and their sytem are not consistent, they certainly don't help the situation with their existing set up, we all know their not sending out items this quickly. :stop: I've attempted to cancel an order for double items within 1 minute, their system refused my request 30 mins later with one of those automated emails confiming this. (n)

I did message them as mentioned earliar and get them to cover the return, I doubt a customer from overseas would get the returns costs covered, going by what Ninjas have said here in the past.

Last edited:
Not quite true. I cancelled within 2 minutes of the order and they still forced it through on me citing that it was out of their control! Mine was still in the Processing Mode when I hit the cancel. The next thing I knew it was in Awaiting Stock Pick and eventually to Dispatch while the cancel was still there.
In their defence, they ship worldwide. Dealing with thousands of queries at a time.

They are not sitting at a screen waiting for your cancellation emails to come through! They have hundreds to get through first before they get to see it. At that point your order status will have changed.

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
In their defence, they ship worldwide. Dealing with thousands of queries at a time.

They are not sitting at a screen waiting for your cancellation emails to come through! They have hundreds to get through first before they get to see it. At that point your order status will have changed.

I would think that by now, they would have some automated system linking the online, sales and warehouse departments together. Any other retailer I've dealt with, cancellation is a painless process. If it's a manual process that zavvi has, then that is surely a deficiency on their part!

Reactions: BluSteel2012
They have trouble nowadays with running out of room on their cave walls.
They will have to resort to a different colour chalk or something

I would think that by now, they would have some automated system linking the online, sales and warehouse departments together. Any other retailer I've dealt with, cancellation is a painless process. If it's a manual process that zavvi has, then that is surely a deficiency on their part!
I 100% agree with you.

But sadly it appears that it is done manually. Otherwise it would be instantaneous.

That's my guess anyway.

I 100% agree with you.

But sadly it appears that it is done manually. Otherwise it would be instantaneous.

That's my guess anyway.
Of course it's automatic, otherwise zavvi monkeys are working away very early Saturday/Sunday mornings at 2-3AM uk time, as I've cancelled orders recently in that time frame and the confirmations arrive within 10 minutes. Just because Zavvi have an appalling customer service, doesn't mean EVERYTHING they do is antiquated.

Any delays are likely due to the very busy periods at the moment, so they want to prioritise server capacity to purchases and making sure everyone who orders in stock item gets charged immediately so you don't get the chance to cancel stuff anyway.

..That's my opinion anyway....

BUT to the steelbook itself. I'm very disappointed to get the zavvi email CLAIMING to have less then 500 of these a day back (along with some other Marvel Lenticulars), I just cannot take those jokers seriously, there is no chance that 3500 have sold since they went up for sale. Cloud cuckoo land....:woot:

Let's be honest, most stock would normally go to re-sellers and the usual ebay resellers aren't interested in it either as they don't know if its a seller or not and those amateurs that have bought to shove on evilbay haven't sold sod all....so no ones really interested as far as I can see....

Reactions: neo
Yes, it seems that decent money is ironically going on the 2 that are 'live' to pre-order tomorrow with more than a few "IM 1"s changing hands at over 45 quid and one "CA" changing hands this morning at almost 60 quid !!

Yes, it seems that decent money is ironically going on the 2 that are 'live' to pre-order tomorrow with more than a few "IM 1"s changing hands at over 45 quid and one "CA" changing hands this morning at almost 60 quid !!
This is what I don't understand @virkia... :confused:

Are people unaware Zavvi ship worldwide and that the two titles you've just mentioned are actually going "LIVE" tomorrow as standalones? :banghead: (And for a considerable amount less than these silly eBay prices LOL :LOL:)

Reactions: Flloydo and virkia
The problem must be that some collectors have not heard of HDN and all of the other forums where this information, about when these 2 will be available as standalones, has been clearly signposted and discussed over the past couple of days. Totally barmy !
Sad but true

Reactions: Mickle_89
I ordered this twice and had a failed cancelation like many of you. I cancelled within 10mins of placing the order and ordered again with a better code. With two copies turning up for us. I hope we like it.. Lol :D

Would love to see pics of this right now. Considering selling my walkman one and getting this instead but want to see it first.

Ive already listed my walkman steel on ebay lol, this could be just the guardians logo on a plain black steel and it would be better than that horrid walkman design.

Reactions: Butz2k