Guardians of the Galaxy (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192347-3134340183123646.jpg

11192347-8164340183137617.jpg 11192347-1784340183165841.jpg

I didn't receive anything today and I have loads of things on order. I received some stuff on Saturday and Monday. Postman may be busy tomorrow.

Nothing received today... i think zavvi have been a bit sneaky with this they say they have been despatched on 28th (to stop cancellations)...But my payment was only taken out on monday (zavvi would not post it before taking money out)

Reactions: BluSteel2012
My post arrives in about half hour. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Don't know what is up with the mail. I'm expecting a lot but no post again today.

Last edited:
Any joy today for you @Smelly_Pickle ?
This and "Ant-Man" posted on the 28th for me but neither received today - hopefully we will receive our copies before the end of the week . . .
It now suspiciously looks like the 24 hr./ 48 hr. dispatch / arrival for recent steelbooks was a freak event although MAYBE the pre-Christmas post has something to do with it ?

Reactions: Smelly_Pickle
This probably wasnt sent until monday, although zavvi's warehouse would have handed it over to royal mail on saturday, royal mail wouldnt have processed them until monday.

This will be due with people tomorrow or latest friday.

Any joy today for you @Smelly_Pickle ?
This and "Ant-Man" posted on the 28th for me but neither received today - hopefully we will receive our copies before the end of the week . . .
It now suspiciously looks like the 24 hr./ 48 hr. dispatch / arrival for recent steelbooks was a freak event although MAYBE the pre-Christmas post has something to do with it ?

Postman arrived over an hour later than usual. Received a whole bunch of letters but no Zavvi parcels. Zavvi Simply did not dispatch when they said they did. Guess they lied to avoid all cancelations made when re-ordering with a better discount code.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: virkia
Postman arrived over an hour later than usual. Received a whole bunch of letters but no Zavvi parcels. Zavvi Simply did not dispatch when they said they did. Guess they lied to avoid all cancelations made when re-ordering with a better discount code.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

The way despatch systems work is as soon as the despatch label is printed then invoice (or despatch email) will be generated automatically even if they haven't left the building physically yet.
So if it was a weekend then I would not expect anything to leave the building until Monday. Which means that the Royal Mail process would most likely have only started at some point on Monday.
I don't think there is anything malicious going on with Zavvi (with this specific point), I'm kind of glad that they at least processed the order on the weekend.

The way despatch systems work is as soon as the despatch label is printed then invoice (or despatch email) will be generated automatically even if they haven't left the building physically yet.
So if it was a weekend then I would not expect anything to leave the building until Monday. Which means that the Royal Mail process would most likely have only started at some point on Monday.
I don't think there is anything malicious going on with Zavvi (with this specific point), I'm kind of glad that they at least processed the order on the weekend.

I'm afraid you are wrong. Only when an item has left the building can it be marked as dispatched. Otherwise it is awaiting stock pick or awaiting dispatch. Anything otherwise is dishonest.

I ordered Good Morning Vietnam and Three Back to the futures just after midnight last Thursday night (black friday) and I received them Saturday lunchtime. Anything could happen to slow down mail but logically I doubt that it left the warehouse when stated.