tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't understand why Marvel/Disney just use this poster design for the world release of the steel. So much better imo than the cassette. This would look awesome with a high gloss like FS' Watchmen steel.
I'm definitely double dipping.

I didn't understand why Marvel/Disney just use this poster design for the world release of the steel. So much better imo than the cassette. This would look awesome with a high gloss like FS' Watchmen steel.
I'm definitely double dipping.

I agree this will be gorgeous with a high gloss finish but if I could only have one I'd take the cassette design over this one in a hot second.

Reactions: spookz
I would only own the cassette version as a novelty item next to this Blufans edition if I was all for collecting every merchandise related to the film. Unfortunately I can only own one and this is it.

I like the cassette version. Its retro and anyone who's seen the movie gets it. But yes. This is THE definitive edition to get. It looks fan-freakin'-tastic!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
I like the cassette version. Its retro and anyone who's seen the movie gets it. But yes. This is THE definitive edition to get. It looks fan-freakin'-tastic!
I would like the cassette version if they used the right cassette player.

Reactions: Butz2k
I would like the cassette version if they used the right cassette player.

I have seen this argument raised before however I believe it might have had something to do with copyright law. Since the original player seen in the movie belongs to Sony, It would have cost a hefty fortune to produce a replica in just steel book format.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
I have seen this argument raised before however I believe it might have had something to do with copyright law. Since the original player seen in the movie belongs to Sony, It would have cost a hefty fortune to produce a replica in just steel book format.
I know why it didn't happen, it's still seems kind of crap. I like the idea, not the execution.

If the costs to use the official Walkman were too much then guess what should've happened?

They should've used a different art. Simple. But they didn't and pissed off a lot of people in the process.

Now Blufans have actually done it properly.

Reactions: dLux and dfoles
Maybe but I feel that its a damned if they do and damned if they don't situation. Had they done that, they would have still gotten the axe.

Either way, as you say this is the better steel book on its way.

If the costs to use the official Walkman were too much then guess what should've happened?

They should've used a different art. Simple. But they didn't and pissed off a lot of people in the process.

Now Blufans have actually done it properly.

The design they used in the steelbook also belongs to Sony, and like CasuallyDressed said if Sony said "you can't use the blue one but you can use the silver version" then they should if gone with something else, this blufans edition is amazing IMO

And after that debacle with the Phase 1 briefcase box set and the lawsuit that was threatened by the company Rimowa BhmbH that designated the case that was used as the movie prop there was no way Marvel was going to risk any design similarities again. I kinda doubt SONY would have given a rats ass though one way or another.

Absolutely love the look of this!
I have the FUTURESHOP cassette cover version but never really liked it that much, visually it sticks out next to my other Marvel steels, that along with Iron man 3 . So I'll be down for this.
I think when it comes to the marvel films I like a more traditional poster art style cover.