tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Much like the price of zavvis wwa Frozen has collapsed under the weight of BF Frozen?

Poor comparison.

Frozen has similar artwork on all the steelbooks so I can see why the value would still be there.

One of the major drawbacks of the GoTG steelbook was the fact it showed absolutely no characters from the film. And now we get this from Blufans.

Reverse time and I can place a bet the majority would opt for this version over the cassette steelbook.

Poor comparison.

Frozen has similar artwork on all the steelbooks so I can see why the value would still be there.

One of the major drawbacks of the GoTG steelbook was the fact it showed absolutely no characters from the film. And now we get this from Blufans.

Reverse time and I can place a bet the majority would opt for this version over the cassette steelbook.
Well, there are two seperate Frozen steelbooks out there in terms of design, so it's a fair comparison I think...

Well, there are two seperate Frozen steelbooks out there in terms of design, so it's a fair comparison I think...

I understand, what I meant was, they're not SIGNIFICANTLY different. Both show main characters etc. The difference between the cassette version and this is day and night. Completely different steelbooks.

It's a similar case with the Avengers steelbook that simply had a big A on it ... look what they did. Re-released with the characters plastered all over it. I wouldn't be surprised if they milk us fans even more and Zavvi re-release GoTG again when GoTG 2 is about to hit the cinemas.

Reactions: digitalbabe
I understand, what I meant was, they're not SIGNIFICANTLY different. Both show main characters etc. The difference between the cassette version and this is day and night. Completely different steelbooks.

It's a similar case with the Avengers steelbook that simply had a big A on it ... look what they did. Re-released with the characters plastered all over it. I wouldn't be surprised if they milk us fans even more and Zavvi re-release GoTG again when GoTG 2 is about to hit the cinemas.
This is the Blufans Frozen steelbook! Think what the original poster was trying to get at is that they're both very different in style...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
Reactions: InAFalsetto
Ahhh I see what you mean. I only had a quick look at the sealed lenti version of blufans frozen (a film that i'm not interested in ever buying) so didn't realise the actual steelbook was completely different in design.

I withdraw my comments then. GoTG cassette version may very well hold it's value!

Reactions: Andycadle84
Ahhh I see what you mean. I only had a quick look at the sealed lenti version of blufans frozen (a film that i'm not interested in ever buying) so didn't realise the actual steelbook was completely different in design.

I withdraw my comments then. GoTG cassette version may very well hold it's value!
You just managed to dig yourself out of that hole, you were digging yourself into. [emoji2][emoji106]

I love all of the color, especially the back artwork. I don't think I can convince myself to double dip though, too pricey for something I've already got. Who knows, I may wake up in a cold sweat tonight realizing that I must have it :LOL:

With regret.... HELL YEAH Amigo! :woot:

I have just informed the girls they better enjoy the nutritional goodness of both bread and water these next few months :naughty:

BF have to pull out of the stops in terms of Lenti and Full Slip designs- Nova raised the bar :drool:

View attachment 147664
@PKAVFC Bread and Water!? :OMG: :oohyeah: :woot: LMFAO! :rofl::rofl::rofl: That's freaking hilarious! :hilarious: Poor Girls... :( Tell them no to worry, we'll send them some Tacos! :hungry:
Taco_Dance_by_Mirz123.gif
:D

Great Pic Pablo! :thumbs: I'm still kicking myself on the ass for having missed out on those Nova Editions :banghead: Oh well... I'm happy with my Mexican Slips! :drool: :cool:
Mexico-Guardianes.JPG

Its okay, suppose I'll 'Let It Go' (did I really make that 'joke'??! Shakes head in disbelief...)

Returning to the point at hand though; Think the cassette design steel will still be sought after- While I probably prefer artwork featuring the characters (even if it is the generic artwork used..) I might just have to hold onto both copies- Well, if I manage to grab a copy of the BluFans edition that is...

Reactions: InAFalsetto