Guardians of the Galaxy - Steelbook feedback for Disney

Would you be happy with the GOTG steelbook as currently designed?

• Yes

Votes: 126 23.6%
  • NO! Please give us an alternative design Disney & Marvel!

Votes: 407 76.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Attention members!

Please provide us with your feedback, alternate designs and definitely vote in the poll!

I will pass along this thread, along with your constructive feedback about how to improve upon the design that we've already been shown.

As we know, it is up to the studio to provide the final choice of artwork & design, but if this response if OVERWHELMING, we may have a shot to be heard.

Thanks in advance, as always for being members of HDN!

EDIT - To clarify, if our feedback is too late for this run, please keep in mind that this thread CAN be used for a variant steelbook release that could happen in the future! Keep those suggestions coming!

Last edited:
Great initiative apsmith21!

Would like the Star Wars look a like art for the front.

Don't have a problem with the current one. Still voted NO!

I'm fairly happy with this design. I don't know why people seem to dislike it so much. It's not a bad artwork, it's just different I guess.
But if they're gonna change the art later, I'll be happy with it too!

For me, the no title on the spine or the front kills it. And as @Bluprint mentioned, there were no skip buttons on walkmans.

If you're going to do an alternative design, at least do it right. :stop:

No... I'm NOT pleased at all!
Of course it's a great idea design wise for a special edition... a slip.. or something else.. but NOT for the SteelBook. Bring me the standard poster with title and I'll be MORE than happy! Full Gloss of course ;)
01.jpg 02.jpg

Voted! Thanks for taking a lead on this @apsmith21 . I think as a collectors' community this is a big opportunity. I still hope for Disney Marvel to change their minds as so much potential for this wonderful film. The film is so vibrant in colors and characters, we would like to see that in the steelbook especially at premium prices.

In today's world where creativity and disruptive ideas are the seeds of innovation, I am befuddled as to why the 'King' of imagineers would choose the easy path of 'one artwork' to suit them all?

Voted. Break from the norm and inspire to innovate with change.

Cheers to @apsmith21
I've already voiced my opinion on this and although I do Appreciate what they are trying to do its just failed in my opinion on Steelbook. I own the cd and it works with that and with the vinyl but it just don't look right as the art. This was one of my favourite films this year and when I see the artwork that drum has already posted I couldn't wait to see the reveal for this release because of the 5 amazing looking characters on the colourful posters and on a steel would just look amazing. Use the Walkman for the back, that would not bother me. Then it's a cool little thing from the film but on the back.
Anyway these are the two I would love to see (preferably the second choice)
Also completely agree about the skip buttons and even putting the title guardians of the Galaxy instead of stereo would be better IMO .

Also I know it's a little different because marvel are involved in this one but wreck it Ralph was changed in the end

No... I'm NOT pleased at all!
Of course it's a great idea design wise for a special edition... a slip.. or something else.. but NOT for the SteelBook. Bring me the standard poster with title and I'll be MORE than happy! Full Gloss of course ;)
View attachment 104381 View attachment 104382

I'm sure that there could be a lot better designs, and I'm not a fan of just resizing posters to be a cover for the blu-rays, DVD, steelbooks etc.

We are paying a premium for these steelbooks over the amaray release and the artwork on these steelbooks need to be better designed than merely rehashing previous art.

That being said, the proposed walkman design is growing on me.
duck.gif

I actually like the design publicized for being different unlike our typical superhero Steels cranked out-and it's cleverly tied to the film's overall 'vibe', where the music sets the tone in a huge way. I do wish they would fix the skip buttons(there aren't any on a walkman).

Last edited:
Reactions: justhedudeman
Definitely burn the current artwork to ground. If it were for a sound track I would understand but for colorful movie like this it just doesn't ring a bell. Also if it were a art of stand alone movie I would have been ok with it but since this is a part of marvel cinematic universe it needs to have at least some consistency with other marvel movies. If not a unique artwork like in vinyl then at least put the regular movie poster. For love of God, wake up Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.