Guardians of the Galaxy - Steelbook feedback for Disney

Would you be happy with the GOTG steelbook as currently designed?

• Yes

Votes: 126 23.6%
  • NO! Please give us an alternative design Disney & Marvel!

Votes: 407 76.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Attention members!

Please provide us with your feedback, alternate designs and definitely vote in the poll!

I will pass along this thread, along with your constructive feedback about how to improve upon the design that we've already been shown.

As we know, it is up to the studio to provide the final choice of artwork & design, but if this response if OVERWHELMING, we may have a shot to be heard.

Thanks in advance, as always for being members of HDN!

EDIT - To clarify, if our feedback is too late for this run, please keep in mind that this thread CAN be used for a variant steelbook release that could happen in the future! Keep those suggestions coming!

Last edited:
I voted NO for the current artwork. It's an innovative crap, though I'd still buy it if there's no alternative.
However, they had an opportunity to max out on this title with a decent artwork, but failed lol.

It's not a terrible idea, but all of the posters and promotional items for this movie were full of vibrant colors. Please, please, please give us some color!

Reactions: dfoles
It's been said but the cassette would be good on the back but as many have also said the film (imo best of the year so far ) was full of iconic images and colours this seems dull . When you compare it to all the other marvel steels it's not even anywhere near the same .
I wish I could say that if they don't change I won't get because I will . But it would be a case of a simple steel . It reminds me of ain city from zavvi just dull and pointless

Reactions: dfoles and MK50
Anything with one of the posters as the art for the steel is fine with me. My design I made some time ago

Dc0KWv.png

Deffo needs changing and I'd also like the characters on the spine an idea I wasn't sure on to start with but just so they start matching up and look like a set on the shelf

Voted NO.

If it was any other movie apart from Marvel then that design idea would be awesome but it just doesn't fit at all with the rest of the Marvel steelbook line up. Good idea but use it on the inside not on the outside.

@Tacozilla mock up is the winner!

Anything with one of the posters as the art for the steel is fine with me. My design I made some time ago

Dc0KWv.png

GIVE US THIS!!!! The hard work's done for you Disney, now you just need to print it!

Feedback on current steel... I could rant on for a while but I will summarise it by saying, if you are going to go with the whole walkman idea, at least make it look like the bloody walkman that's actually in YOUR film!!! Absolute idiots.

In this instance, James Gunn is an idiot who can't even spell "steelbook"! Advertising a steel that's sold out, to a bunch of non-collectors who don't understand what makes a good steelbook and will never realise how bad this is!
Haha!
I reckon everyone on here would vote 'Yes' if we just got paid millions by Disney!

Rover

Last edited:
Reactions: BradG1984
In this instance, James Gunn is an idiot who can't even spell "steelbook"! Advertising a steel that's sold out, to a bunch of non-collectors who don't understand what makes a good steelbook and will never realise how bad this is!

Lol those Facebook comments. I am sure even if the steelbook was worse somehow he'd still say its awesome. Saying " eew this steelbook of my movie sucks" on Facebook probably isn't the best PR (even if IMO it does suck)

Reactions: BradG1984 and rover
I suggest to have the current Walkman artwork moved to the amaray, and the current amaray artwork (essentially Taco's design) moved to the steelbook.

Those of you who like this Walkman idea can go buy the amaray, while those of us with taste can buy the improved steelbook :p

Reactions: MK50 and BradG1984
Status
Not open for further replies.