HDN Event HDN Horror Celebration'11 for Halloween at Hidefninja! (Closed, see you next year!)

Do you watch more horror flicks around Halloween?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No-I watch Horror films all year!

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Just depends on my mood

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No, not a horror fan at all

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes!

• Yes!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
ninjahalloween2.jpg

Hey guys!

I am starting a new thread for this year-feel free to chime in with any horror/thriller/suspense flicks you are watching for Halloween (all of October). Can be any format, and from any time period.

Share your thoughts and let us know what's you're checking out!

And...feel free to share your personal top 10 list of favorite horror flicks of all time!

Have fun,
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Ricker, no seriously I can't stand "Earnest" movies.....

I have seen 'In Dreams', but that's not really 'Horror' LOL (well, depends on how you look at it, I guess....)

I watched Masque of the Red Death last night...

Kinda disappointing... felt more like a pretentious play then a movie. You could watch the first 10 minutes, and the last 10 minutes and get the entire story.

It bums me out... I had seen the opening on TV waaay back, and the premise looked pretty awesome (red death, who looks like a grim reaper in red hanging out in creepy woods.).

But it was just kinda garbage over all. :(

Plan to watch the original 'Halloween' on projector with some friends towards end of month. And hopefully a few more flicks in between...

Sigill, I generally dont like funny horror movies. The book had a much more serious tone so I was hoping the movie did too. For me the scenes with Hopkins who is an excellent actor were just ridiculous with all of the over the top humor. It just didn't work for me...

Sent from Android Vortex from L-V426

I see what you mean DB, i didn't realize the book was more serious. It definatly did try to mix in some humour with the serious parts. I'm not sure i would rewatch it anytime soon though, i don't see much replay value in it.

Last night, I watched:

* The Walking Dead (Season 2, ep 1)

* Exorcist: Dominion (better now that I wasn't expecting much)

* Return of the Living Dead -- Am I the only one who thinks Linnea Quiggly should have been (naked) in every horror movie ever made, between 1980-2000? :)

i also watched hellraiser last night,first film in a couple of days.
season 5 of dexter had me well and truly hooked:scat:

Over the last few days I watched:

* Tales of Terror (Vincent Price, Peter Lorre). Pretty fun horror anthology based on Edgar Allan Poe stories. Price stars in all 3. Worth a watch, especially since its on Netflix instant.

* Poltergeist 2 -- Nothing to say really... everyone knows this one. :)

* Re-Animator -- Awesome stuff. Scary/disturbing with humor to boot. Awesome theme music. On the raunchy side... but what the hell, we're all adults right?

Status
Not open for further replies.