HDN Event HDN Horror Celebration'11 for Halloween at Hidefninja! (Closed, see you next year!)

Do you watch more horror flicks around Halloween?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No-I watch Horror films all year!

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Just depends on my mood

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No, not a horror fan at all

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes!

• Yes!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
ninjahalloween2.jpg

Hey guys!

I am starting a new thread for this year-feel free to chime in with any horror/thriller/suspense flicks you are watching for Halloween (all of October). Can be any format, and from any time period.

Share your thoughts and let us know what's you're checking out!

And...feel free to share your personal top 10 list of favorite horror flicks of all time!

Have fun,
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the 'Saw' variety is definitely not my thing, but did like 'Insidious' by the creators of 'Saw' LOL...

Thanks DB, I watched Insidious again today, and my nephew and I were thinking. Why is there a chalk drawing of , (drawing a blank on the dummies name) on the blackboard. Then we noticed a whole bunch of things making us think of other horror movies.

Yeah the 'thing' up on the window (trying to be vague) looks like 'Saw' type stuff,so they definitely out cameos, I think, haha....

American Werewolf in London was never my thing. I found it really boring. Or more specifically, I found the middle act very boring, but the opening and ending were fun.

I'm hoping to at least finish that last Saw movie tonight... then check out Cemetery Man when my wife goes to sleep (she'd never put up with that movie :) )

I saw Cemetery Man way back in 2000 or so... and wasn't impressed at all, but I got a free copy on DVD from a friend at Anchor Bay (they had an office right next to our cutting room for Halloween... making friends with a few of those guys landed me some pretty cool gifts).

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Watching 'The Prophecy' now....LOL...manbear...

I hope you're not watching that alone... the terror of Manbearpig can turn even the bravest of us to whimpering fools. ;)

Ahahaha, I just finished....oh lord, liked the premise, but this one definitely didn't stand up. Still a little trip down retro lane,haha

I have "Attack the Block" coming soon! I'll let you guys know how it is! :D

I need to get into watching some horror films... But between work and filming my own stuff I never have time!

I'm going to see "The Thing" this weekend... Then they're showing the original "Psycho" soon at the theater so I'm going to go see that! :)

I managed to watch Cemetery Man last night... much better this time around!

The cinematography is really quite brilliant... but the story kinda feels like 3 loosely connected 'episodes'. It's not really as disjointed as that makes it seem to be, its really just kind of odd... hard to summarize.

Here's the Amazon description:
If you think you hate your job, think again. Francesco Dellamorte (Rupert Everett), the titular Cemetery Man, lives a lonely life with a dead-end career. He works and resides in a cemetery that holds a dark, hidden secret. You see, those who are buried in Dellamorte's cemetery have the tendency to rise from the dead. Francesco's job is to make sure the dead remain dead. When they rise, he must hunt them down and ensure they get their eternal rest. Since his strange career takes up most of his time, there is no room in his life for romance or friendship. His sole companion is his mute, Igor-like assistant Gnaghi (François Hadji-Lazaro). Not surprisingly, Francesco has grown weary of the dull drum and repetitive routine his job and life have become. It is not until he meets the girl of his dreams (Anna Falchi), who happens to be a widow attending her husband's funeral, that Francesco realizes that there may be more to life than this. Sound a bit odd? Well, it is. But fans of the zombie and the "twentysomething disgruntled worker" genres will feel right at home with this Michele Soavi cult favorite. At its center, Cemetery Man is a black comedy/existential mediation on loneliness and career disappointment. But where Fight Club is entrenched in an action/buddy-flick setting and Office Space is a strict black comedy, Cemetery Man is staged deep in the Italian zombie genre, giving it extra points for originality. --Rob Bracco

Its not a movie I'd want to watch again in the near future, as its pretty slow and depressing... but I'm really glad I gave it another shot and was able to really enjoy it. One of those "you gotta see it at least once" type movies. Perfect choice as a "it's October so I need to catch up on some cool horror flics" type of nights.

** When I went to amazon to copy that description, I noticed the price for a new copy is $32!!! Holy hell. Anchor Bay gave me a collector's item. :)

ADDED:

Hopefully I'll get to "Masque of the Red Death" tonight (Vincent Price movie)... but might have to settle for watching the first episode or two of that new FX show "American Horror Story".

Last edited:
My brother was telling me about American Horror, says it pretty good so far, ill wait till it comes out on Blu ray:) also The Walking Dead Sunday:scat:

Is it me but just cannot imagine Rupert Everett in a horror movie somehow. Yes I know I'm setting myself up for a fall, but I just can't.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Is it me but just cannot imagine Rupert Everett in a horror movie somehow. Yes I know I'm setting myself up for a fall, but I just can't.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

He's pretty damn good in it... actually. Check it out.

Totally forgot that the wifey and I started Strangeland last night... so we finished that. Another movie that was better then I remembered, back when I saw it when it first hit DVD/VHS back in the day. I think I was annoyed that 'twisted sister' wrote and starred in it. ;)

He's pretty damn good in it... actually. Check it out.

Totally forgot that the wifey and I started Strangeland last night... so we finished that. Another movie that was better then I remembered, back when I saw it when it first hit DVD/VHS back in the day. I think I was annoyed that 'twisted sister' wrote and starred in it. ;)

Hey JP, Why were you so annoyed that Dee Snyder wrote and directed. He is actually a very intelligent guy, we were in the same frat. Just kidding. But I have seen him on interviews and hes very interesting, as well as Rob Zombie.

Hey JP, Why were you so annoyed that Dee Snyder wrote and directed. He is actually a very intelligent guy, we were in the same frat. Just kidding. But I have seen him on interviews and hes very interesting, as well as Rob Zombie.

He actually didn't direct (I thought he did too) but I noticed that he didn't in the opening credits.

I hated hair bands and all that junk. I'd watch music videos on MTV and not get why everyone loved those 'badass' GnR guys... they looked like girls. Twisted Sister ---- yikes. *

And the Capt Howdy character annoyed me... overly preachy, trying too hard to make him sound intelligent, basically a weak carbon copy of Pinhead (pain is pleasure philosophy, lots of metal **** stuck in him, chains everywhere). And look, I grew up on F13 movies.... at that time, all I wanted from horror was better-made damn F13 and NOES flicks, of which there was a long drought of. Screw Dee Snyder and his preachy dweeb Howdy.

That's why I was kinda pre-determined to not like it. Now, with the likes of Saw 3D, Hatchet, Human Centipede, and the sea of DTV digitally shot garbage out there... Strangeland looks like an Alfred Hitchcock classic by comparison.

* I actually do love a lot of GnR's songs... but I could never get into them during their actual prime. I did have Appetite for Destruction and GnR Lies on tape from the beginning though. I just couldn't appreciate them as much till after I got those images of cross-dressers out of my head. No offense to the cross-dressing community, but if you want to talk about kickin' ass and taking people to the jungle... you better not look like my best friend's older sister. ;)

Last edited:
I bet your favorite band was Poison. I never listened to "glam rock". I liked punk and new wave back then. Now i am into Industrial and Techno. That's probably why I like trashy movies so much. I actually bought "Wicked Lake" because Ministry did the soundtrack and it came with the free CD. I should have bought the CD. That movie was the biggest piece of trash I had ever seen.

Hey DB, have you seen the remakes of Last House on the Left, and I Spit on Your Grave? Great revenge movies

Status
Not open for further replies.