HDN Event HDN Horror Celebration'11 for Halloween at Hidefninja! (Closed, see you next year!)

Do you watch more horror flicks around Halloween?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No-I watch Horror films all year!

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Just depends on my mood

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No, not a horror fan at all

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes!

• Yes!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
ninjahalloween2.jpg

Hey guys!

I am starting a new thread for this year-feel free to chime in with any horror/thriller/suspense flicks you are watching for Halloween (all of October). Can be any format, and from any time period.

Share your thoughts and let us know what's you're checking out!

And...feel free to share your personal top 10 list of favorite horror flicks of all time!

Have fun,
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw "Rubber" yesterday. Oh boy, this movie was one of the worst i've ever seen. This consistent caprice stuff was so annoying. Watched the last half in fast forward :(

This movie sucked so ba. I had such high hopes for Robert the Tire. I figured a tire that kills people with it's mind, who would think of that. I thought it would be very different in a good way. WRONG

I ended up watching The Keep last night... early 80's Michael Mann horror flic. It had been in my Netflix instant list for a long time.... shoulda left it there. Really, really, painfully bad.

Gabriel Byrne and Ian McKellen star in it... but it's a lost cause.

Ricker -- Devil's Rejects is my favorite RZ movie to date. I really dug the character that William Forsythe played... the vengeful sheriff. The motel scene goes a little further then I personally like to see in a movie, but other then that, I really like it.

I hope to squeeze in this week 'Priest' (for wife,she doesn't really like 'horror', but likes vamps, LOL), 'Jacob's Ladder', and an old schnuck called 'Prophecy' (not the Walken one)...

Yeah, I've noticed that many things are filmed in Canada.I wonder why that is-cheaper? Easier to get permits? I don't know...

Must see if I have a copy of Christine or Carrie lying round the house or on the HTPC. I know I have got The Strangers which I have yet to see.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Here are some.

Gremlins, Ghoulies, Critters, Robocop
The scene at the end where that guy gets toxic on him and melts :ohno::ohno::ohno:.

watched pig hunt,film was great.
giant killer pig,rednecks and some dope growing girls who worship the killer pig:hilarious:

Yeah, I've noticed that many things are filmed in Canada.I wonder why that is-cheaper? Easier to get permits? I don't know...

Yeah... much much cheaper. Dimension films uses Shreveport Louisiana a lot too, for the same reason. Basically, it usually comes down to cost of cast/crew and tax incentives.

ADDED:

Forgot to mention... I watched The Howling and 2/3rds of the last Saw movie...

Howling was better then I remembered, though still really flawed... Saw so far is really, really horrible. Ugly cinematography, VERY poor acting... yech. I'll finish it just to see how the series 'ends' but man... these things took a massive nose dive after the first one.

Last edited:
Yeah, the 'Saw' variety is definitely not my thing, but did like 'Insidious' by the creators of 'Saw' LOL...

Have we included "An American Werewolf in London" in the list of brilliant horror films ? I mean it's an absolute classic.
@ Ricker: at the head of the thread you mentioned Slither, I hope you were referring to the original from I think late 70's ? That was a fun "nasty".
Another film I last saw on VHS was Xtro. That is the original again, I think there was a subpar remake or follow up.

Last edited:
Following on from that just reading article in a review magazine about Tucker & Dale vs Evil. Looks like fun and right up Ricker's street. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.