HMV / Xtra-Vision - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK/Ireland]

This is a general thread to discuss your experiences with this retailer in regards to ordering and receiving Steelbooks. As of 8/29/2013, the site says they are working on improved website.

images

Important:

This store ships UK/IRELAND ONLY.

HMV UK : http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk/Search/Results?term=steelbook
HMV IRE: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook OR http://www.hmv.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook

Typical example of packaging:
63qlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went in my local HMV lunchtime.
They have had deliveries, big delivery in today.
They have the latest releases in again.
Had a good chat, the guy was saying that they expect to have more vinyl and more HMV Steelbook exclusives.
He did mention Venom which seems to be almost impossible to find

The online store is been restructured at the moment and due to be back soon

If you have any existing pre orders and want to find out if hmv will be processing an order you can contact HMV using twitter

Follow HMV twitter Help and get them to follow you so you can DM as in send private messages
https://twitter.com/hmvUKHelp

HMV Help have tweeted this
Please feel free to DM us your order number/numbers and we will be more than happy to look into this for you

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
I just received a letter from KPMG - HMV's Administrators...I thought, what the f@@K are they writing to me...:wow: :wow: :wow:

same here. looking at the website they link to. as a unsecured creditor - i prepaid for aquaman - i wouldn’t expect anything, but the letters suggests i might get something back . i need to check further , last time recieved a letter like this ( a us magazine going under ) there was no way i would get my money back .

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
same here. looking at the website they link to. as a unsecured creditor - i prepaid for aquaman - i wouldn’t expect anything, but the letters suggests i might get something back . i need to check further , last time recieved a letter like this ( a us magazine going under ) there was no way i would get my money back .

Well, that makes sense in your case...Good luck! I've got no pending orders...only pure points

Reactions: mumbles
I emailed HMV to ask about the status of my order and their form reply (2days later) was more about pure points . I have a handful of points - I cashed in the majority just before Christmas and I’m not expecting anything to come of them .

Hmv got back to me confirming that they aim to fulfill all pre-orders ( at time of writing and subject to investigation) . the KPMG letter was sent to all current customers to inform us of what’s going on.

HMV On-Line Store is UK Shipping only for now

Previously it was UK/Rep Of Ireland

HMV are only taking Pre Orders on select releases for now
Mostly July onwards releases

Ability to order back catalog releases that will be at a later stage as website is still under development

Reminder you will have to reset your HMV account password to get access to your HMV on-line account

This refers only to the new UK HMV online shop

Just a FYI to HMV customers, i'd check your accounts ASAP as for the last 3 days, the website was down and they have updated it, you need to set up a new password AGAIN, and the orders page now has a slider which says (New orders/Old orders). My paypal funded pre-orders are sat in Old orders and are no longer clickable, it just says 'payment successful' . I just hope HMV haven't f****d up everything.

This refers only to the new UK HMV online shop

Just a FYI to HMV customers, i'd check your accounts ASAP as for the last 3 days, the website was down and they have updated it, you need to set up a new password AGAIN, and the orders page now has a slider which says (New orders/Old orders). My paypal funded pre-orders are sat in Old orders and are no longer clickable, it just says 'payment successful' . I just hope HMV haven't f****d up everything.
I contacted HMV yesterdsy about the issues with outstanding pre orders listed under old orders.
I asked could they move outstanding orders to new orders or go back to previous way orders was listed.

HMV replied this afternoon that they have passed on info I gave.

Website back under maientance in past hour I gather to fix this

I'm just thankful that the HMV store in Belfast is now top notch and I can pretty much order anything there now because of the ongoing on-line issues.

is still policy with new HMV that they do not charge you until they have it on stock and is cancellation hustle free as before?