Apr 12, 2009
USA
Purchase: Zavvi
Release: 16 March, 2015
Price: £19.99

0mMZOy1416858068.jpg

V8NErC1416858099.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dispatched, but Zavvi can't catch a break - sending by courier is rather inconvenient considering I'm at work all day and normally orders just get posted through the letterbox!

Glad you enjoyed it mate. :thumbs:

I'm a big fan of Aja's previous work also (even P2 where he wrote the screenplay and produced!) but this just didn't do it for me. Especially as I had hot anticipation for it.

I don't think the 'funny' parts work at all (don't get me started on the 2 cops, I just thought that was downright silly-like a scene from a Seth Rogen picture!! And what's with the box of doughnuts near the start?) I'm not sure Radcliffe suited the part either.

If it drops significantly in price, I might give it another go. The Steelbook does look nice.

Yeah, I've been meaning to give P2 another go, I wasn't aware of his involvement on that one, cheers for the heads up.

I totally hear ya about those cops though :D as much as I enjoyed it, it is far far from perfect. They did annoy the hell out of me also. The bits of dark comedy peppered throughout that I thought worked well were the honesty from the likes of the barman, the doctor & various little bits here and there.

I keep hearing about the novel since I watched it and I think a lot of the hatred stems from people who actually loved the book and felt that this just didn't do it justice (which always seems to be the case really)

I bet I don't like it as much on the 2nd viewing :D :D :D

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Dispatched, but Zavvi can't catch a break - sending by courier is rather inconvenient considering I'm at work all day and normally orders just get posted through the letterbox!

Wouldn't worry too much - Yodel deliver the Z-Boxes and they leave them outside (at least mine were) when you're not in, so expect they'll just put these through the letterbox.

Mine despatched also using Yodel
The normal white boxes go through my letterbox anyway so is this to get them quicker as my order says delivery on or before the 27th which is just like normal with Royal Mail

Ninjas Beware !, Yodel is normally used when shipping from Zavvis Warrington UK mainland warehouse, which means these steelbooks may be shipping in A1 card envelopes, I'm not sure I've ever had a steelbook from there come in a white box, only from the Channel Islands.

They must be trying to get rid of these as quickly as possible...

Just had the email through, despatched via Yodel, I have to sign for it as well.

Ended up getting the red-cased lenti slip from Amazon as well coz I got impatient waiting for the Zavvi steels to ship. Doh !

I'm sure this is all a conspiracy that somehow my bank manager is in charge of. Perhaps my bank manager is Dr Evil and has a cunning plan for world domination... or domination of all my money anyway!

3998596-dr-evil.jpg

Got the Yodel email too. As a teacher, and never at home to sign for deliveries, I wonder if/ when I will ever get to see this. (please post in my letter box- please!!!)

Yodel don't require a signature. They will leave it anywhere within a 20 foot radius of your house.