Digibook Hustler & other new Blu-ray Digibooks [USA]

pmartin252

Who Blu Supermod
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2010
Altea, Spain
Following posts from Wreck & BarnDoor in the Predictions thread. I've discovered the following BD digibooks are to be released by Fox and MGM. So far the known release dates are...

Some Like it Hot May 10
The Horse Soldiers May 10
The Hustler May 17
The Comancheros May 17
Patton May 17

fox_may_2011.jpg

Plus the possibility of several others such as Some Like it Hot and Tigerland! :scat:

Last edited:
Heads up if your in the uk these digibooks are all available at movietyme.com all priced at £17.99 each all confirmed us digibooks free postage no taxes and they post before they get released to just ordered the terminator,the usual suspects and master and commander.

yeah good site movietyme and they have quite a few digibooks.:D

These are all listed on www.foxconnect.com at $21.99 as 'Limited Edition Books'. If you spend $49 you get free UPS ground shipping. Also, if you submit an email address, they'll send you a coupon for 10% off and free shipping. The code should be QC12YT9EA.

It comes out a little cheaper than Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SEUJX2/?tag=hidefnin-20 this one and 4 others are 20.99 right now while Terminator and Comacheros are pretty high $27 and $31 ... they may all fall to 20.99 ; but I went ahead and preordered the cheaper ones just in case they raise .... may cancel some and pick and choose but I figured better to preorder when cheaper. ;P also preorderd the Xmens which are at that price right now too. I think they may all fall to that price tho in the long run.

Judging by the price changes on Amazon.com and the lack of photographic evidence, It would appear that "Some Like it Hot" and "Tigerland" will not be showing up as Digibooks. It's a great shame, but I suppose we mustn't be greedy and should be grateful for the chance to give our wallets a bit of a rest!

It's strange that the covers for the forthcoming X-Men digibooks haven't made any appearance yet - don't you think?

PATTON, MASTER AND COMMANDER, BUTCH CASSIDY & ROCKY ARE CONFIRMED REGION LOCKED!!! I just tested them on my region free player on region B .. and it's a no-go. Sorry guys, tho these digibooks are skinny, they look awesome tho they use a new way of housing discs which is kinda cheapy I guess. Digibooks are high gloss on front, back, and inside front back but pages are just regular. Slick tho. I'll post pics later!

Reactions: snowblood
I should have Rocky, The Usual Suspects, and Terminator by tomorrow. I can't wait to check Terminator out.

Yeah I didnt order Usual Suspects and Terminator as I might be reviewing them. Unfortunately they dont ship until street as opposed to us usually getting blu-rays early.

I should have Rocky, The Usual Suspects, and Terminator by tomorrow. I can't wait to check Terminator out.

Yeah I didnt order Usual Suspects and Terminator as I might be reviewing them. Unfortunately they dont ship until street as opposed to us usually getting blu-rays early.

I'm very interested to see how Terminator looks - I still don't have this one on blu yet.

I'm very interested to see how Terminator looks - I still don't have this one on blu yet.

I thought I would have had them by now, but still nothing. I shot off an email to Foxconnect for tracking info. I'll post pics up when I get it, that is unless someone else beats me to it.

Need that Terminator :) ... and Master & Commander :D ... and Rocky :naughty:

For those who have already received them, any french language please ?

It looks like the rumours about these releases being re-issues of previous pressings are true - Just did a quick check comparing the Languages, Subtitles and Extras on darczap's photo with those from the standard snapcase version. Results identical!....

Language: English, French
Subtitles: Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
Extras: 7 deleted scenes, Creating the Terminator: visual effects & music, Terminator: Retrospective

Therefore Bidou, If you have Master & Commander & Rocky in the previous versions- it's fairly likely that the languages and subs will be exactly the same.

Last edited:
It looks like the rumours about these releases being re-issues of previous pressings are true - Just did a quick check comparing the Languages, Subtitles and Extras on darczap's photo with those from the standard snapcase version. Results identical!....

Language: English, French
Subtitles: Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
Extras: 7 deleted scenes, Creating the Terminator: visual effects & music, Terminator: Retrospective

Therefore Bidou, If you have Master & Commander & Rocky in the previous versions- it's fairly likely that the languages and subs will be exactly the same.

Thank you very much for this info, pmartin252 ;)
I don't own any previous release, neither for M&C nor Rocky :p

Man, that Terminator digibook cover is sexy... but no sale if the transfer isn't new, since I already own the standard edition.

Really wish it was a new transfer. :(

Same with Rocky... Great new cover, but I already own the standard edition, and plan to get the boxset soon.

Last edited:
Arrived Today

I got Terminator, Usual Suspects, Patton, Butch Cassidy, Master and Commander and Rocky today. Very thin digibooks, probably because they are all 1 Disc releases, with the exception of Patton which is 2.
Shame they are locked to Region A.
But where are my X Mens??? Are they gonna be digibooks??? We will see. Wont post pics as Im sure you have seen these. :D

Congratulations on your haul of digibooks Olena, I've only got Butch & Sundance at the moment.

Bad news on the X-men front I'm afraid. I got mine, they are all triple play standard amarays - not even so much as a slipcover! I'll be a bit more careful before ordering something for which there seemed to be no photographic evidence whatsoever. :angry: