I Am Legend *2nd Release* (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Warner Wave 1 [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 23rd, 2010
Purchase link: Amazon.ca
Price: $19.99

See comparative with Future Shop 2008 1st edition (with blue banner) (by @jimmy)
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/posts/98115/

legend.jpg

Per Brana at FS:
Part of "Wave 1" of WB Steelbooks (will definitely be released).
For "Wave 2" we vote at http://futureshopforums.com/t5/Movies/bd-p/movies
on right side towards bottom-deadline September 30. Top 5 movies with most votes become a Steelbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
New steelbook:

Original steelbook:
ialfutureshopback.jpg

Noted a couple small differences on the top of the new one "LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK COLLECTION" & also the text in the middle is compressed ("MIND BLOWING EXCITEMENT"), not layered (top / bottom)

Haven't spotted anything else so far...

Last edited:
Just saw the art for this on the back and the inside. Minus the blu-ray banner at the top, the steelie is IDENTICAL inside and OUT.

Not that I expected any different. :(

Matte finish, they all are.

Watched it last night, the extended cut version and it looked great! i just didnt like the D-cut ending.

I was at FutureShop at lunch today and was looking at last week's new releases, which included the onslaught of warner titles, and I thought it was funny but yet at the same time quite sad when I saw that essentially nothing had sold since I was in the store last Tuesday.

Now granted, they may have restocked the shelves, but I somehow doubt that is the case, and that the titles were available in many stores in Canada and I have not checked all possible outlets to see sales volume, but I imagine they are all pretty much he same

I thought it was funny as I think back to my initial thoughts when I first heard about the releases and wondered why Warner would think a bunch of movies that never sold as DVD steelbooks would somehow fly off the shelves as BD Steelbooks, funny in that they are not selling.

The sad part though, was that Warner took what was argueably the 2nd most highly sought after BD steelbook in the world and made it essentially worthless. I know that Warner could care less about collectibility of its products, but to take something so highly sought after and do what they did is just a real shame.

I am happy that those who always wanted one can now quite easily get one, but it poses the real question of if it was all about the kill or if it was always about the hunt.

As a former OCD completists who owns all of the most highly sought after BD steelbooks in the world except for 1, :(, I can easily say the for me, it was the hunt.

Cheers
CrashKelly

EDIT: Just re-read my post and although my point is there, I will be signing up for an English class on my way home :D

i must admit crash im glad i have the re release of this.but i must admit i was on the hunt for this before it was announced to be released again.

and i was actually enjoying the hunt to get the rare steelbook at the time for a good price :naughty: but the new release made it to easy :rolleyes:

I was at FutureShop at lunch today and was looking at last week's new releases, which included the onslaught of warner titles, and I thought it was funny but yet at the same time quite sad when I saw that essentially nothing had sold since I was in the store last Tuesday.

Now granted, they may have restocked the shelves, but I somehow doubt that is the case, and that the titles were available in many stores in Canada and I have not checked all possible outlets to see sales volume, but I imagine they are all pretty much he same

I thought it was funny as I think back to my initial thoughts when I first heard about the releases and wondered why Warner would think a bunch of movies that never sold as DVD steelbooks would somehow fly off the shelves as BD Steelbooks, funny in that they are not selling.

The sad part though, was that Warner took what was argueably the 2nd most highly sought after BD steelbook in the world and made it essentially worthless. I know that Warner could care less about collectibility of its products, but to take something so highly sought after and do what they did is just a real shame.

I am happy that those who always wanted one can now quite easily get one, but it poses the real question of if it was all about the kill or if it was always about the hunt.

As a former OCD completists who owns all of the most highly sought after BD steelbooks in the world except for 1, :(, I can easily say the for me, it was the hunt.

Cheers
CrashKelly

EDIT: Just re-read my post and although my point is there, I will be signing up for an English class on my way home :D

To Quote Lemmy, from Motorhead, "You know the chase is better than the catch".

Re: I Am Legend *2nd Release* (Blu-Ray Steelbook) [Canada]

I remember going to FS to pick up my DVD steelbook copy and seeing this really neat sized bluray steelbook copy. Well, I bought it even though I couldn't play it. Thats how it started for me. And I was lucky enough to pick up a second one. Well friends, one is open now. No regrets. And regardless of what Warner did, when I see one of you get yourself a copy with that blue banner, I'll be saying "you lucky bugger, you got the REAL one".

Cheers
CrashKelly

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

i must admit crash im glad i have the re release of this.but i must admit i was on the hunt for this before it was announced to be released again.

and i was actually enjoying the hunt to get the rare steelbook at the time for a good price :naughty: but the new release made it to easy :rolleyes:

There is nothing as satisfying as completing the hunt, but the re-release cheapened it for sure.

To Quote Lemmy, from Motorhead, "You know the chase is better than the catch".

Absolutely :naughty:

I remember going to FS to pick up my DVD steelbook copy and seeing this really neat sized bluray steelbook copy. Well, I bought it even though I couldn't play it. Thats how it started for me. And I was lucky enough to pick up a second one. Well friends, one is open now. No regrets. And regardless of what Warner did, when I see one of you get yourself a copy with that blue banner, I'll be saying "you lucky bugger, you got the REAL one".

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

I was pretty much the same way and got my "real" version the day of release but never thought too much about it and thankfully could not play it at the time so it stayed sealed. It is still sealed, and will probably stay that way, not really sure why though.

Cheers
CrashKelly