I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (WEA) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
WEA (World Exclusive Art), limited to 2000 copies.

Price: £17.99
Pre-order HERE
Sold out
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus

Official artwork-final & update 4/16/2014

ISTDfinal.jpg

Inside/back art:
ISTDfinal-front.jpg

ISTDfinal-back.jpg

ISTDfinal-inside.jpg

isawdevil.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of any StudioCanal Steelbook that had any gloss on it off the top of my head.

So expect the usual cheap matte finish on this one I would think :(

Thinking about cancelling it TBH. I blind bought this because I got caught up in the whole 'ltd to 2000 copies' frenzy. But this artwork and the fact it will probably will be matte (and the disappointment of the last couple of Zavvis '2000 club') have me edging towards passing on this and putting my money towards something better.....

Hmmm.....descisions, descisions!

Reactions: psychoscot
I can't think of any StudioCanal Steelbook that had any gloss on it off the top of my head.

Thinking about cancelling it TBH. I blind bought this because I got caught up in the whole 'ltd to 2000 copies' frenzy. But this artwork and the fact it will probably will be matte (and the disappointment of the last couple of Zavvis '2000 club') have me edging towards passing on this and putting my money towards something better.....

This is Spinal Tap was gloss right? I don't own it but I could swear I remember seeing it mentioned as gloss.
Also, I think the Rambo and Kill bill steels have spot gloss...

Reactions: BluSteel2012
This is Spinal Tap was gloss right? I don't own it but I could swear I remember seeing it mentioned as gloss.
Also, I think the Rambo and Kill bill steels have spot gloss...

Yes you are right. I only got Spinal Tap this week but yes, it is gloss. Well done. :thumbs:

I don't own the other 2 you mentioned so I can't confirm them.

Spinal Tap cost more than what this does though...

Thought exactly the same as you, then Plain Archives came in with what will most likely be a much nicer package. Zavvi order now cancelled.

I hate that so many steelbooks are going the cheap route with a black and white inside. The film isn't in black and white, it's actually in color! It's becoming synonymous with cheapness in my eyes, like a dull matte finish or a minimalist artwork with one or two colors (usually black).

And the back looks like it was done up in MS Paint.

The only positive thing I can say about this design is that the spine looks cool.

But now that Plain Archive has announced their premium I Saw the Devil steelbook, I don't expect this one to sell out quickly.

I hate that so many steelbooks are going the cheap route with a black and white inside. The film isn't in black and white, it's actually in color! It's becoming synonymous with cheapness in my eyes, like a dull matte finish or a minimalist artwork with one or two colors (usually black).

And the back looks like it was done up in MS Paint.

The only positive thing I can say about this design is that the spine looks cool.

But now that Plain Archive has announced their premium I Saw the Devil steelbook, I don't expect this one to sell out quickly.

It has already sold out.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches