I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (WEA) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
WEA (World Exclusive Art), limited to 2000 copies.

Price: £17.99
Pre-order HERE
Sold out
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus

Official artwork-final & update 4/16/2014

ISTDfinal.jpg

Inside/back art:
ISTDfinal-front.jpg

ISTDfinal-back.jpg

ISTDfinal-inside.jpg

isawdevil.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:
Took a lot longer to sell out than predicted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of collectors and especially scalpers are passing up on zavvi releases with the disappointment of Stargate and Aviator. In uk they're going for barely more than face value. I think they've put off a lot of customers. Not that zavvi really give a crap, keep slapping 2000 on any old movie and it will sell out eventually. It's a shame, zavvi are in such an incredible position in the steelbook world, much better than blufans or kimchi to produce truly collectible items if all they did was just add a personal touch to their exclusives but they just couldn't care less. I see zavvi as just a waste of what could be. Don't get me wrong, I love my there will be blood steel but can you imagine how quickly they'd have sold if it had a numbered sleeve, a lenticular, art cards. I work for a print company, 2000 numbered sleeves? Not that pricy zavvi, really

I think a lot of collectors and especially scalpers are passing up on zavvi releases with the disappointment of Stargate and Aviator. In uk they're going for barely more than face value. I think they've put off a lot of customers. Not that zavvi really give a crap, keep slapping 2000 on any old movie and it will sell out eventually. It's a shame, zavvi are in such an incredible position in the steelbook world, much better than blufans or kimchi to produce truly collectible items if all they did was just add a personal touch to their exclusives but they just couldn't care less. I see zavvi as just a waste of what could be. Don't get me wrong, I love my there will be blood steel but can you imagine how quickly they'd have sold if it had a numbered sleeve, a lenticular, art cards. I work for a print company, 2000 numbered sleeves? Not that pricy zavvi, really

I think the problem is getting approval for all of those things. In my opinion, a lot of UK distributors see Steelbooks as a way to boost sales of old titles rather than as something for collectors.

Reactions: Skog and lgans316
I see many members worrying about various titles being region locked, and it surprises me. When I started collecting steels I realized there was the chance of running into titles that would be region locked so I purchased a region free player. It seems like the logical thing to do if you're buying titles from different regions, while knowing that some will be locked. :dunno: :wtf:

Or do disc swap with your local release. You are after all buying a steelbook for the steel and not the disc most of the time.

That, and when another 200+ copies suddenly become available a month or so down the road. ;)

I'm all over this title, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time that a "sold out" limited Zavvi title "found" a hundred or more titles later down the road.

I hear you, but they are not 'suddenly found' when part of the same production run, simply sold later, lol.

I personally didn't order it, because it's generally not my thing but judging from our own chat in here, there does seem a lot of support for the film itself-a positive thing considering the more 'mass appeal' type films usually seen in Steelbooks/Limited Ed from all retailers.

From the many comments about other Korean films in this thread, earlier though, we definitely have many people that enjoy a variety of films from the region (see new Korean Steelbook poll in Feedback forum, for instance).

My comment was more geared towards that any cancellations will be back at some point, as we've usually seen before. There are new members joining the site all the time, so it's an fy for them, or those that just missed it or want it later.

I hear you, but they are not 'suddenly found' when part of the same production run, simply sold later, lol.

I personally didn't order it, because it's generally not my thing but judging from our own chat in here, there does seem a lot of support for the film itself-a positive thing considering the more 'mass appeal' type films usually seen in Steelbooks/Limited Ed from all retailers.

From the many comments about other Korean films in this thread, earlier though, we definitely have many people that enjoy a variety of films from the region (see new Korean Steelbook poll in Feedback forum, for instance).

My comment was more geared towards that any cancellations will be back at some point, as we've usually seen before. There are new members joining the site all the time, so it's an fy for them, or those that just missed it or want it later.

I understand and wasn't trying to argue with you. I was just pointing out what I've noticed over the last few months. :) Sometimes it appears that their limited and ultra limited aren't as limited as they make it sound.

I understand and wasn't trying to argue with you. I was just pointing out what I've noticed over the last few months. :) Sometimes it appears that their limited and ultra limited aren't as limited as they make it sound.

Yeah no prob, I think if the Zavvi system could sell them out in one shot without the cancels, and back on sale (which can't really be avoided because there are all kinds of things like payment issues, or people just change their minds), it may reduce some of the 'back again' , 'back again' syndrome. The runs are as stated, unless there are changes at studio level, which have already been discussed in other threads. I have missed some titles initially as have others, and at least the advance notices help for those who do want to purchase after all. Enjoy the flick,Troll2

Darn, I can't play it, guess I'll have to cancel it... I was looking forward to this, maybe since I'm new to this steel thing, but you think it may be worth it just to get a region B bluray player, or is that a big duh?

You live in the us right?

Region free blu-ray players are cheap there.

One time purchase and you can enjoy releases from all over the world.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: lolwut
I`ve seen a lot of them, and i have to agree, a great list.
Gonna check the others i not seen, out. Thanx for the heads up.
What i like most with Korean films, its not often you get a "And they all lived happily ever after" ending.
I do like a downbeat/depressing ending :twisted::twisted::twisted:
Especially when the subject matter is so damn twisted/dark, which it seems to be in Korea. (not all of them, but most)
May I recommend this one? Sunflower (2006). I am sure you do not want to miss this one.

Finally sold out. I own this movie in blu ray amaray, bought it from Amazon US sometimes ago. Watch it several times. An excellent revenge movie similar with Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance.