Interstellar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 34) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti (Pre-order on July 2, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) - Check your local time HERE
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double or Single Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Holofoil Slip, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing - 1000 copies.
One Click Box: "Glow in Dark" effect + Embossing + Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Glossy - 600 copies.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Box Protector.

D5B211DA-1173-49E3-9571-B4C0382D9C30.jpeg1C14823D-47B8-4F11-B25B-D04534823D21.jpeg7F390E35-BA04-43C7-93FF-7466CE34B3C3.jpeg05DD5ABA-E197-41F8-A508-4697E632C569.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Meme party.
"Dear Reason..."

Some ppl here seem to be paid to defeat whoever takes it to "decent" threat.

Release price is high. Speculation is more than high. Ending up x2 or x3 (not all, but numbered, limited and "most-wanted" yes for sure).
Mark-up?
1) Just wait and see how people complain about they couldn't get the edition what wanted.
2) Scalpers take advantage of that and start to resell editions with a bit of profit.
3) More "I wanted", more price increased to their multiple editions to speculate.
4) Once reached the maxium price of 1 edition (x2,x3), they keep selling theirs at that prices. To make it "wanted" to others (1).How are selling these at that much? - To him/herselves. Methods, and practice.

Someone, with no mortage to pay, or enough money to not be chary, will end up buying one of the multiple, or last, editions of the scalper.

Personally, I pass of all of this game. I'm happy to skip any release potentially more expensive than itself, due to customs taxes and new VAT regulations.
Can't afford it? - Money saved for other editions.

Happy, without a meme replied.

I dunno about you guys, but when I sell anything of decent value on ebay, I only usually do it when there's a seller offer on. I imagine others do exactly the same, particularly scalpers.

These are typically something like "£3 max fees" (in the UK anyway), or 30-80% off variable fees etc... They come through atleast once a month, and are far stretch from the usual 13%.

Also to anyone who's trying to overcomplicate the whole "fake sale" thing, there's literally nothing to it if you think about it. All you'd need is a mate (or 2nd account) to bid on/buy something, then cancel the sale amicably and relist. No one pays and no fees are charged. It's obviously a bit dodgy, but it doesn't sound all that difficult if you're trying to make a "business" out of it.

We've probably all been victim to a scalp auction before now. Anyone who honestly believes that last minute snipe bid on an auction (just before you're about to get a rock bottom deal) is always another punter (and not the seller trying to make sure their FAC listing doesn't go for £20) is nieve if you ask me :rofl:

EDIT - realise the scalper ebay posts were mostly like 6 pages back and we're back round to VIP GBs (again) instead, but this thread is moving WAY too fast to keep up with haha

Last edited:
How are selling these at that much? - To him/herselves. Methods, and practice.
Wrong. Unless you think resellers are reselling to themselves as normal practice, and these never make any money. What would be the purpose of that??
It's blatantly wrong.

Wrong. Unless you think resellers are reselling to themselves as normal practice, and these never make any money. What would be the purpose of that??
It's blatantly wrong.
I did not said that.
Don't confuse any one who read (without an easy and empty content Meme).
So read before any other "you lie, or wrong".

I explained 4 easy steps of how scalpers makes money. SCALPERS. Not people who sell their editions to get money back or for neccesities.
Their last products that they sell, the last ones have the higher prices. Leading to 100% profit once they sell their last pieces.

How?
Previous products were sold ALWAYS over the release price. And THEN, His / her product was taken for 0€ (the one he / she keeps).
The rest, the ones due to be sold, are all profit.

Once they know their bills are paid, they don't have any rush to sell it. So the price keeps going up. They "simulate" to be buyer with a 2nd account, and they try to raise the bid as high as possible. If the item is sold under their budget, another account can list again the product.
The proof: the seller will not show the number of the edition (numbered, of course) to avoid be caught.

In case the seller shows the number in their listing, is just because they know for sure they will sell it OVER the release price (as other sellers do), and make profit anyway.
Doesn't matter how much they take or gain. What matters to me, is they do business with products they don't make it, they don't trade or they don't add extra value (mark-up). Just resell it days after the release. That's all.

Of course, that's my point of view about what I see in these "collectors" forums nowadays.
And of course, this is a nightmare for everyone whose interest is just collecting affordable editions.

Last edited:
I did not said that.
You did say that. I quoted you exactly, without changing a single word.
Don't confuse any one who read (without an easy and empty content Meme).
So read before any other "you lie, or wrong".

I explained 4 easy steps of how scalpers makes money. SCALPERS. Not people who sell their editions to get money back or for neccesities.
Their last products that they sell, the last ones have the higher prices. Leading to 100% profit once they sell their last pieces.

How?
Previous products were sold ALWAYS over the release price. And THEN, His / her product was taken for 0€ (the one he / she keeps).
The rest, the ones due to be sold, are all profit.

Once they know their bills are paid, they don't have any rush to sell it. So the price keeps going up. They "simulate" to be buyer with a 2nd account, and they try to raise the bid as high as possible. If the item is sold under their budget, another account can list again the product.
The proof: the seller will not show the number of the edition (numbered, of course) to avoid be caught.

Of course, that's my point of view about what I see in these "collectors" forums nowadays.
The rest of your message has already been mentioned several times in this thread. Sure, it's possible, but you're telling me every single reseller on eBay is doing this with every single edition? Or even with their most valued editions? I don't think so.

I ordered and paid for the single lenti in the GroupBuy, it got cancelled. I was ready last Friday to order it at Collectong, I was too slow apparently and my cart was emptied the second I hit the payment button at 14:00:28. Now I read 20 pages of childish bickering about this and have no interest in the release anymore. I mean, we are talking about THIS movie after all:

XequAT4.jpg

You did say that. I quoted you exactly, without changing a single word.

The rest of your message has already been mentioned several times in this thread. Sure, it's possible, but you're telling me every single reseller on eBay is doing this with every single edition? Or even with their most valued editions? I don't think so.
drop stock GIF

got thor blufans lenti for 5gbp right now

I dunno about you guys, but when I sell anything of decent value on ebay, I only usually do it when there's a seller offer on. I imagine others do exactly the same, particularly scalpers.

These are typically something like "£3 max fees" (in the UK anyway), or 30-80% off variable fees etc... They come through atleast once a month, and are far stretch from the usual 13%.

Also to anyone who's trying to overcomplicate the whole "fake sale" thing, there's literally nothing to it if you think about it. All you'd need is a mate (or 2nd account) to bid on/buy something, then cancel the sale amicably and relist. No one pays and no fees are charged. It's obviously a bit dodgy, but it doesn't sound all that difficult if you're trying to make a "business" out of it.

We've probably all been victim to a scalp auction before now. Anyone who honestly believes that last minute snipe bid on an auction (just before you're about to get a rock bottom deal) is always another punter (and not the seller trying to make sure their FAC listing doesn't go for £20) is nieve if you ask me :rofl:

EDIT - realise the scalper ebay posts were mostly like 6 pages back and we're back round to VIP GBs (again) instead, but this thread is moving WAY too fast to keep up with haha
You my friend are a genius i didn't even think of the part you can fake sale then cancel the order

I ordered and paid for the single lenti in the GroupBuy, it got cancelled. I was ready last Friday to order it at Collectong, I was too slow apparently and my cart was emptied the second I hit the payment button at 14:00:28. Now I read 20 pages of childish bickering about this and have no interest in the release anymore. I mean, we are talking about THIS movie after all:

XequAT4.jpg

I'll give you a hug,, no charge.

Why was ya GB cancelled?

If you were to do that (second account/ friend) and you then cancel the sale it won’t show on the sold listing. If the sale didn’t go through then it won’t show as sold. It will only show until you cancel the sale

just like when you get people who win a bid, don’t pay for days and don’t contact you. Then when you finally contact them and they want to cancel it, once cancelled it won’t show in the sold tab.

And also with the best offer thing. It won’t show you the price under the sold tab of what the item actually sold for. If it has a line crossed through the price then it means it’s was a best offer. Could be a half the price or even a quarter of the price of what was shown.

Reactions: djjez83
Anyone who honestly believes that last minute snipe bid on an auction (just before you're about to get a rock bottom deal) is always another punter (and not the seller trying to make sure their FAC listing doesn't go for £20) is nieve if you ask me :rofl:

Why doesn't the seller just simply add RESERVE PRICE?
Let's say the seller must have 50$ for his item and the only bid is 20$ he can do what you said, use a 2nd account and bid on it himself...
Or he can simply have a reserve price so if someone bids 40$ it will say RESERVE NO MET.
This means that even if you're the highest bidder at the end of the auction, you won't win the item.

Reactions: Mararagan