Release date: November 30th 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.com
Price: £21.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This conversation is as old as collecting has been around and has been spoken about in many threads all over this forum.

Increasing print runs would make things less limited, which would mean more people could buy them but would also mean devaluing collecting as a whole for some (I'm not talking financial gain here). What's the point of collecting something that another 10k people have? That's one of the reasons why people flock to Kimchi and Novamedia. Play.com's IM is still going strong despite the other re-releases. Kimchi Thor2 Lenti was limited to 700 and Nova's CA2 was 500. These are still wanted all over the place and will probably hold their rarity value when their inevitable re-releases happen in a few years (Disney have already re-released the amaray slips for Marvel Phase 2 in KR).

I'm against against like for like reprints but I don't mind re-releases. So long as the artwork is different from steels previously released then I see it as a win all round. Collectors can collect a new edition (if they wish to buy) and people new to the scene can get their hands on a film they've wanted for ages but haven't been able to afford/want to spend lots of money on.

I'd like to see artwork on this before I stump any cash but whether that'll happen I'll just have to wait and see. If Disney are going to continue this trend of re-releasing Marvel Phase 1 steels then I'm hoping for the Incredible Hulk so I don't have to go all in for the Blufans version.

Unfortunately scalpers are always going to do it while they think there's profit to be made. :(
By increasing the print run, the secondary market no longer exists as everyone has one and scalper's can't scalp, don't get me wrong I understand trading is part and parcel of the game, and the odd extra copy here and there is ok, but for example I know someone who owns 7 yep SEVEN! play.com Iron man steel's and I know he's into this Zavvi one for 5-10, that's just wrong...

All right folks, how about we bring back the conversation to this title and leave the "scalper/ebay/speculations about after market value talk" in a different thread, feel free to create one in the chat section. Thanks for your cooperation.